Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

err posted:

which parts of gaza did israel go into in the 2014 war?

it's wikipedia, but what I've read says they went into Shuja'iyya, a neighborhood of Gaza City right on the border, ostensibly to destroy tunnels that Hamas fighters were using to infiltrate into Israel-occupied territory

it looks like there might also have been some ground fighting in Rafah, on the border between Gaza and Egypt

everything else was either air strikes or in the West Bank. It doesn't look like they ever really went "deep" into the Gaza Strip during this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
thank you meek mill for your bravery

https://twitter.com/MeekMill/status/1712513050027126837

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SourKraut posted:

They don't actually want to mass displace though. They want people there, who they can then shoot, while they turn around and say that it was clearly Hamas they killed since they didn't evacuate.

It's pure, unadulterated evil at a scale that would make actual Hitler blush.

nuh uh! it isn’t genocide because we warned you to leave first!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

new blacklist just came out, looks like almost everyone in a position of power in the western world and israel has been stricken from the book of life, forever barred from seeing the gates of paradise

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

hes spitting

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

DancingShade posted:

I'm wondering if we'll see old school carpet bombing.

I haven't given the efficiency of how to kill a couple million too much thought but I'm sure someone has.

that doesn't matter anymore. modern artillery and constant 2000 lb JDAMs is the new carpet bombing.

Quds News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
The devastation in Gaza's upscale Al-Rimal neighborhood after five days of nonstop Israeli airstrikes.
(from t.me/QudsNen/82088, via tgsa)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tell that to putin, mr meek mill

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

what the gently caress is a banana roll?

It's just a pumpkin roll but you make it with bananas. I assume that's what they're talking about anyway

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they're going to kill them all while the world cheers them on

i hope whatever existential relief possible shelters as many as possible, from whatever country and whatever source

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
If Israel even cares enough to take in Palestinians, it’s going to lead to horrific mistreatment. Humans rights abused, portion of population radicalized from living a life of being massacred, someone snaps into committing violence, Israel worsens conditions as a justification’ and blames everyone else for letting things get bad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

does Israel have strategic bombers or just jets

edit yeah I don't think they have bombers

you don't really need "strategic bombers" in the WWII sense - an F-16 can carry about 6,000 lbs of bombs, where a B-17 could carry 8,000 lbs on 400 mile missions, or 4,500 lbs on 800 mile missions

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ruggan posted:

nuh uh! it isn’t genocide because we warned you to leave first!

They're just following the first rule of life, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than seek permission"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smarxist posted:

they're going to kill them all while the world cheers them on

i hope whatever existential relief possible shelters as many as possible, from whatever country and whatever source

i hope israel is kicked out of the international community, dissolved, and reconstituted as a democratic nation

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i feel like the only hope the people of Palestine have is for Syria and Lebanon to put boots on the ground

god allah help us all

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

you don't really need "strategic bombers" in the WWII sense - an F-16 can carry about 6,000 lbs of bombs, where a B-17 could carry 8,000 lbs on 400 mile missions, or 4,500 lbs on 800 mile missions

that's progress baby

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zionists are unhinged.

Israel keeps comparing Hamas to ISIS because they are projecting.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shooting t shirts out of cannons that say "back to back Intifada champs" to cheering classic white crowds while a gigantic flag of Israel is used in place of the US flag for pledge of allegiance at a sports ball game.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO has issued a correction as of 06:35 on Oct 13, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Horizon Burning posted:

i feel like the only hope the people of Palestine have is for Syria and Lebanon to put boots on the ground

god allah help us all
this is likely a key of US's objectives by mobilizing a bunch of poo poo in the area. it's to implicitly threaten anyone else from getting involved in america jr's imperial conquest

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

If Israel even cares enough to take in Palestinians, it’s going to lead to horrific mistreatment. Humans rights abused, portion of population radicalized from living a life of being massacred, someone snaps into committing violence, Israel worsens conditions as a justification’ and blames everyone else for letting things get bad

why would they take in the people they want to kill all of?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ahh did i get syq'd

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
dumb bitch

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

"actually its ephebophilia" guy but for ethnic cleansing vs genocide

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fellatio del Toro posted:

lol

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Quds News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
A #Palestinian ambulance driver breaks down after six days of working nonstop day and night to save the victims of the Israeli aggression on Gaza.
(from t.me/QudsNen/82126, via tgsa)

take my life force ambulance driver

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

ahh did i get syq'd

lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

this is likely a key of US's objectives by mobilizing a bunch of poo poo in the area. it's to implicitly threaten anyone else from getting involved in america jr's imperial conquest

There's nothing implicit about it. Biden said it. CENTCOM tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1711834088187826528

"a strong signal of deterrence should any actor hostile to Israel consider trying to take advantage of this situation"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Reuters/status/1712703460762886198?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Atrocious Joe posted:

"a strong signal of deterrence should any actor hostile to Israel consider trying to take advantage of this situation"

lmfao alright then. just depends on if anyone is gunna call US's bluff

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

i hate this fucker

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Atrocious Joe posted:

Wasn't there a lot of chatter the last year or two that the Gerald Ford was really vulnerable to a missile attack just above the waterline? Just wondering.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

seems like the establishment Israel is going far more unhinged not only because how badly surprised they were but also they are having a pushback on their narrative, making them go full mask-off as more contestation poured in

like, even with allied governments circling the wagons, gearing the media accordingly and turning up the heat in repression, there is an unacceptable degree of dissonance (in their view) that feedbacks into becoming more unhinged, and it keeps going

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
waiting until Friday prayer when Muslims are all out and about midday is smart in a evil sense

all these idf commanders announcing genocide in various thick European accents is too on the nose

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Xaris posted:

lmfao alright then. just depends on if anyone is gunna call US's bluff

funny thing about aircraft carriers

they require constant refueling because they're isolated at sea, and that takes time

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

theyre gonna bomb the southern gaza strip

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

err posted:

Israel has 400 nukes? Lol

Often forgotten when talking about Israel is that they are not party to the Chemical Weapons Convention and likely has a stockpile of chemicals and delivery systems.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Let me preface by saying that was a kneejerk Sixer. My previous posts in this thread prior to the last would show that i am very clearly not on the side deliberately cutting off basic human necessities like Electricity/Food & Water?:unsmith:

Cudos to however brought the Gaza Fights For Freedom doc. I was literally about to mention that

Speleothing posted:

Does anyone here have the receipts for Netanyahu/israeli intelligence supporting Hamas over Fatah in the last elections and disrupting the secular parties to favor extremists? I'd live to prove my point to someone

I don't doubt for a loving second this entire tragedy wasn't instigated by the Usual Suspects and the incredible cognitive dissonance on the part of Western media between this and Ukraine is just:gonk:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

dead gay comedy forums posted:

seems like the establishment Israel is going far more unhinged not only because how badly surprised they were but also they are having a pushback on their narrative, making them go full mask-off as more contestation poured in

like, even with allied governments circling the wagons, gearing the media accordingly and turning up the heat in repression, there is an unacceptable degree of dissonance (in their view) that feedbacks into becoming more unhinged, and it keeps going

yeah it definitely seems more desperate than it has ever been

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

USA been real poo poo at this deterrence thing recently, not a good look tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dead gay comedy forums posted:

the only thing liberals know how to do is turn into monsters to protect the status quo. the more danger it's in, the more monstrous they'll get