Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

Man, this does mean I lost the complete run of WCW Saturday Night I downloaded years ago and barely started but swore I'd eventually I'd watch. That sucks.

Years ago I downloaded the complete run of Raw, Nitro, Smackdown and Thunder and I'm not even sure why, some half-assed "it'll be good to have these" idea but they ended up just sitting on burned DVDs till they got thrown out during a move.

The annoying thing is that I thought the WWE Network when it first started would be a great archive option to ensure the preservation of the material in the best possible quality, except of course the reality of streaming services has been that they edit stuff, change music, alter the crowd sounds etc and it's all bullshit :mad:

Then you have things like All Japan and New Japan not actually owning the broadcast/redistribution (?) rights for a lot of their golden era stuff even though they have their own archive/streaming services now, and if it wasn't for the likes of Ditch or other archives a lot of that stuff would just be inaccessible for most of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Years ago I downloaded the complete run of Raw, Nitro, Smackdown and Thunder and I'm not even sure why, some half-assed "it'll be good to have these" idea but they ended up just sitting on burned DVDs till they got thrown out during a move.

The annoying thing is that I thought the WWE Network when it first started would be a great archive option to ensure the preservation of the material in the best possible quality, except of course the reality of streaming services has been that they edit stuff, change music, alter the crowd sounds etc and it's all bullshit :mad:

Then you have things like All Japan and New Japan not actually owning the broadcast/redistribution (?) rights for a lot of their golden era stuff even though they have their own archive/streaming services now, and if it wasn't for the likes of Ditch or other archives a lot of that stuff would just be inaccessible for most of us.

Yeah, I still have the ECW TV run on another hdd, in incredibly bad 4th or 5th gen VHS rip quality, but it has the music that's so essential to the show and presentation

I need Natural Born Killaz playing over my New Jack

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Don't want to step on your toes forkboy but I don't mind going through Puwota for the week and getting something down, though it'll just be names and start times rather than the fantastic amount of effort you put in to get all the cards as well

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Don't want to step on your toes forkboy but I don't mind going through Puwota for the week and getting something down, though it'll just be names and start times rather than the fantastic amount of effort you put in to get all the cards as well

I won't complain, put it like that!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

I won't complain, put it like that!

Cool, will go for it before I head to work tonight.

The stream for the Abe/Nomura earlier this page show is up, starting in 5 minutes. Should be some fantastic violence wrapped up in a love letter to BattlArts

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/kY3YHfhwMSuvVzVnfDtebS

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Cool, will go for it before I head to work tonight.

The stream for the Abe/Nomura earlier this page show is up, starting in 5 minutes. Should be some fantastic violence wrapped up in a love letter to BattlArts

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/kY3YHfhwMSuvVzVnfDtebS

I'll tune in see what the wrestler from Professional Wrestling WALLABEE is like

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I see that Stardom has a thing on their schedule that exposed tattoos need to be covered with a jacket before entry, wonder if that'd be the same for TJPW. Wasn't an issue at the DDT and All Japan shows I went to while I was over there

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ready to watch a young GLEATer again get chumped out

e: yo they got Marty Asami to ref this? Guess they didn't bring the refs over for Royal Quest

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh they're barely pulling their punches

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

oh they're barely pulling their punches

That's the joy of Battlarts style baby! As the t-shirt says, no Bati-Bati no life

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sato got absolute obliterated by that kick and still beat the count, what a man.

Rad match, just a bunch of old fucks beating on each other

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What is this show? I couldn't quite figure out what promotion it is, but it seems like it has a bunch of wrestlers from different promotions so some special show?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

What is this show? I couldn't quite figure out what promotion it is, but it seems like it has a bunch of wrestlers from different promotions so some special show?

It's a show put on by Big Japan wrestlers Fuminari Abe and Takuya Nomura (otherwise known as Astronauts if you read the MOTYC thread) and is basically a love letter to the shootstyle promotion BattlArts which closed over a decade ago.

If you remember the Noah wrestler Muhammad Yone being a double hard bastard it's because he came up through that promotion

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

I'll tune in see what the wrestler from Professional Wrestling WALLABEE is like

Here's your WALLABEE man

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Here's your WALLABEE man

it's da jocka babeee

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Over in GCW, can you guess who is playing one of the 3 Kikutaros?

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1712410761278976480?t=crwup8t2jaTq4ORH8UE9og&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

If you remember the Noah wrestler Muhammad Yone being a double hard bastard it's because he came up through that promotion

The King in Exile :worship:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First and third matches were fine, second match was cool. Big hopes for the last 2 matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Didn't catch a date but Fujita "Jr" Hayato vs Hiromu Takahashi at some point

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'd love to watch more but I'm fading

this show was pretty decent so far

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sekimoto is the pinnacle of wrestling looks. Black trunks, short shoes, all beef

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Sekimoto is the pinnacle of wrestling looks. Black trunks, short shoes, all beef

I feel like he's been around forever and he's ALWAYS looked exactly the same, it's crazy.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like he's been around forever and he's ALWAYS looked exactly the same, it's crazy.

Sometime between 2008 when he went over for a CHIKARA tour and 2020 when I saw him in All Japan he decided to cut off his glorious mullet, so that's a bit of character development

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That stalling suplex was awesome.

Edit: That one too!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Two good friends beating each other raw for the culture

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

These loving lunatics :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wish these guys didn't like each other so they would go nicer on each other in the ring!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Match hosed, hope both guys are okay to defend their tag belts in a couple of days

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SG Bamboo posted:

Jr Hayato's resurgence this past year after his knee kept him out for 5 years has been great. He's getting big match after Big match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Abridged schedule because Forkboy's having computer issues. Very few shows streaming live this week, unless they're on like NicoPro and it's just not listed on the schedule page

Saturday October 14th
Stardom in Saitama
- Saitama City Memorial Gymnasium
- 1pm JST/Midnight Friday EDT

Big Japan Shopping Street Pro Wrestling Series Round 7
- Tennocho Park Kanagawa
- 4pm JST/3am EDT

NOAH Sunny Voyage 2023 Tour
- Yokohama Radiant Hall
- 4.30pm JST/3.30am EDT
- Streaming Live

Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory
- Kobe Art Centre
- 6pm JST/5am EDT
- Streaming Live

DDT God Bless DDT Tour
- Sapporo E-One Stadium
- 6pm JST/5am EDT

Choco Pro #336
- Ichigaya Chocolate Square
- 7pm JST/6am EDT
- Have to figure this is streaming live but can't find any confirmation on the page

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Kyushu Pro, BASARA, Michinoku Pro, Niigata Pro, Osaka Pro, Ryukyu Dragon Pro, WAVE, 2AW, TTT, Zero1 and Produce Shows from Yuu Yamagata and Momoka Hanazono

Sunday October 15th
NJPW Royal Quest 3
- Copper Box, England
- 2am JST/1pm Saturday EDT
- Streaming live on RevPro's streaming service, onto NJPW World at a later date

TJPW ~ Go Girl 4 ~ Female only audience
- Elub eX in Shinigawa Prince Hotel
- 11.30 am JST/10.30pm Saturday EDT

Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory
- Kobe Art Centre
- 1pm JST/Midnight Saturday EDT

DDT God Bless DDT Tour
- Sapporo E-One Stadium
- 1pm /Midnight Saturday EDT

FREEDOMS Bloody Halloween
- Active Square Daito
- 4.30pm JST/3.30am EDT

Stardom Goddess of Stardom Tag League Night 1
- Ota City General Gymnasium
- 4.30pm JST/3.30am EDT

TJPW City Circuit '23 ~ Shinagawa Performance ~
- Elub eX in Shinigawa Prince Hotel
- 7pm JST/6am EDT

Also shows from Shinshu Pro, Actwres GirlZ, 2AW, Secret Base, Shi-en, WAVE, A-TEAM, Zero1, Osaka Pro, Dotonbori Pro Michinoku Pro, Burst, JTO, Ryukyu Pro

Monday October 16th
Gatoh Move
- Shinkiba 1st RING
- 7pm JST/6am EDT
- Have to figure this is streaming live but can't find any confirmation in the page

Tuesday October 17th
Tenryu Project STILL REVOLUTION Vol.7
- Shinkiba 1st RING
- 7pm JST/6am EDT

Wednesday October 18th
Stardom Decade of Queens ~ Sumire Natsu Produce 10th Anniversary Tournament ~
- Shinjuku FACE
- 7pm JST/6am EDT

OSW ~ YMZ Competition ~
- Shinkiba 1st Ring
- 7pm JST/6am EDT

Thursday October 19th
Big Japan
- Yakumo Town Citizen's Centre
- 6.30pm JST/5.30am EDT

Stardom Goddess of Stardom Tag League Night 2
- Korakuen Hall
- 6.30pm JST/5.30am EDT

FREEDOMS
- Shinkiba 1st RING
- 7pm JST/6am EDT

Friday October 20th
Dragon Gate
- LEC Shikoku Factory I guess, not super sure if the auto translate was correct
- 6pm JST/5am EDT

NOAH Star Navigation
- Korakuen Hall
- 6.30pm JST/5.30am EDT
- Sreaming Live with English Commentary

Sendai Girls
- Azalea Taisho Hall
- 6.30pm JEST/5.30am EDT

TJPW City Circuit '23 ~ Arisu Endo Local Triumphant Return ~
- Aizu-Wakamatsu City Cultural Center
- 6.30pm JST/5.30AM EDT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

3 matches in and this Abe/Nomura show whips. I did not expect to see "brother" YASSHI, perhaps the least interesting guy in a stable with Punch Tominaga (original Natural Vibes) be as great at shootstyle as he was and then he pulls up the headband and starts wailing in the headbutts. Dope as gently caress

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

It's on Sunday's Michinoku Pro show which I believe is on SamuraiTV live despite not being in Tokyo but somewhere in Iwate!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

It's on Sunday's Michinoku Pro show which I believe is on SamuraiTV live despite not being in Tokyo but somewhere in Iwate!

Oh sick, that'll be up sharpish then

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Man, that main event was your 2023 Match of the Year

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1712709554968936687

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Just watched Takuya Nomura vs. Fuminori Abe. So much fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Abridged schedule because Forkboy's having computer issues. Very few shows streaming live this week, unless they're on like NicoPro and it's just not listed on the schedule page

Just like to thank SG Bamboo for doing this. My computer is back up & running but it's nice not having to rush to get it done tonight and can instead focus on trying to find the right deity to pray to in order to magically make my broken hard drive work again long enough for me to backup all of the music I had on it.

(Also fun thing I realised I've lost, the template I used for the weekly schedule that made putting it together a bit faster, with all the times & urls for streaming services & poo poo so that's a minor nuisance & I'm definitely relieved I don't have to get this all done today)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 13, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

duckdealer posted:

Just watched Takuya Nomura vs. Fuminori Abe. So much fun.

It really was, crowd was good too, plus the show had some big boys doing thangs which is a vital part of wrestling.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
If you are the kind of person to read this thread, you must watch Nomura vs Abe. It is on Wrestle Universe so you NOAH and DDT freaks already have access. It is as good as advertised and the best modern BattlArts style will produce. Must watch, ***** from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Just like to thank SG Bamboo for doing this. My computer is back up & running but it's nice not having to rush to get it done tonight and can instead focus on trying to find the right deity to pray to in order to magically make my broken hard drive work again long enough for me to backup all of the music I had on it.

I recommend R-Studio. I've gotten files from a few broken drives using that.