Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's definitely exactly as hand placed now as it was before, they just added 1-2 alternate spots for every crate. sometimes you get more crates sometimes you get less. I generally like it because anything that breaks up the repetition is good, but also it falls short because it does nothing to break up the meta loot route poo poo that develops on maps. people are still following the same loot paths as before, just the crates are in somewhat more random spots now, though over the course of a whole raid it probably averages out to very little difference

the one cool upside though is that people miss a lot more when they're running their routes now because some of the secondary/tertiary locations aren't places that immediately jump out as likely to have crates

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

fennesz posted:

Don't post.

Someone takes their forum PVP as seriously as their Tarkov PvP.

Never not post.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
It’s good that it stops the loot running from being something people do every raid.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cage Kicker posted:

It’s good that it stops the loot running from being something people do every raid.

It doesn't tho. Most of the time containers are where they should be, and when they aren't there is usually an identical container which is like five feet away from the original.

Also it's bugged and most of the time if it spawns two containers one will just be completely empty.

It's really poorly executed to the level of being pointless. The dynamic spawns aren't all around the map, they're just next to existing spawns. You still run the same routes and go to he same places -- I think people envisioned that loot would be spawning dynamically all over the map, forcing you to scrounge all over but this ain't that

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah, they need to do a bit more with it, like changing the world geometry. remove a truck here, add a campsite there, that kinda thing.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I would eventually like to see it move to a more dynamic world in a few respects.

Hooplah posted:

Yeah, they need to do a bit more with it, like changing the world geometry. remove a truck here, add a campsite there, that kinda thing.

This would be pretty cool, even randomize door states so you don't have an at-a-glance "oh someone went in here" tell for every building out there. Maybe even have otherwise locked door occasionally open (not marked or high tier loot rooms but random quest doors)

I think the current dynamic container system is a good start but they should fully embrace it.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Fart Car '97 posted:

really poorly executed to the level of being pointless

New thread title please

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's really poorly executed to the level of being pointless. The dynamic spawns aren't all around the map, they're just next to existing spawns. You still run the same routes and go to he same places -- I think people envisioned that loot would be spawning dynamically all over the map, forcing you to scrounge all over but this ain't that

Why do people even want this though? Like they got rid of hatchet running by adding stuff like FIR and secure restrictions, at a certain level isn’t “go to the POI to get loot or kill the people trying to get loot” the whole point of the game?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
because variety is fun and all the locations play different depending on where the loot is. or would if they'd shaken it up more. hell if the spawns are completely static you end up with people doing loot runs that are literally just muscle memory repetition down to the same pre-aims and valuable location checking. like idk if you ever saw the old meta lighthouse chalet loot run but people were doing that run in like 5 minutes with literally zero variation all day and good god that looked so monotonous even if it was extremely profitable. plus on a gameplay level, you want people playing the game and not running some min/maxed strat where they know the exact millisecond timing of when they'll see others.

the streets quests probably accomplish what they were going for better where items are in 1 of 5-10 places and it actually forces you to spend a few minutes crawling over a location to get your item. it's stressful, but probably good wrt gameplay

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 12, 2023

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

causticBeet posted:

Why do people even want this though? Like they got rid of hatchet running by adding stuff like FIR and secure restrictions, at a certain level isn’t “go to the POI to get loot or kill the people trying to get loot” the whole point of the game?

Idk I think the game would be more interesting if you actually had to scavenge and look around the world to find things instead of just knowing where the good loot spawns and running to it. Less predictable routes, more moving around the map, more reason to go to places there hasn't been a reason to go to in years.

Tarkovs maps are so granular and cool, I want an excuse to poke around every inch of them.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It seems like people just want a faster paced dayz with better gunplay

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

hello internet posted:

It seems like people just want a faster paced dayz with better gunplay

Didn't DayZ get a Tarkov-like community server some weeks ago

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

widespread posted:

Didn't DayZ get a Tarkov-like community server some weeks ago

Sounds interesting, got any more details on this?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedConsiderateAmazonSeemsGood-1h_jjw4GfVeYFivg

Тарков!

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Resurrecting this thread from the third page to ask if there are any offline modes for tarkov. Yes I know it's PVP, but I need some PVE otherwise I'll just be a never-ending loot pinata. I think there's one single player mod out there, but there's a non-zero chance that using it gets you banned? I guess?

Apologies if this is a dumb question. I'm still incredibly new at this.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I installed SPTarkov about 6 weeks ago and I've been playing it exclusively since, it's that good. It's a non zero chance of being banned, but it's only if you specifically let Battlestate know you're playing it by streaming it using the same name or something silly, otherwise there's really no way they can know without breaking the law or something equally dumb.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

null_pointer posted:

Resurrecting this thread from the third page to ask if there are any offline modes for tarkov. Yes I know it's PVP, but I need some PVE otherwise I'll just be a never-ending loot pinata. I think there's one single player mod out there, but there's a non-zero chance that using it gets you banned? I guess?

I've been playing it off and on for like two years and I can still log in to my account to download the updates. Just follow the install instructions or use their installer and it's fine.

A bunch of the good mods for it have been updated to the current version as well by now.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

null_pointer posted:

Just don't run them at the same time and you're golden.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Arrath posted:

Also to add, be wary if a different client says they got multiplayer EFT servers. That is much more likely - if not guaranteed! - to get you banned.

I say this because I remember some drama some months or a year ago where some splinter group decided to make Tapkob servers completely separate from BSGs. Said splinter group did get taken down, though.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Arrath posted:

Sorry, I'm confused. Don't run both what at the same time? The single player mod and tarkov? How would that even work?
:confused:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
there's no way they're actually banning people for that poo poo, they just dont want their playerbase splittiing and people who suck at the game and are the punching bags of the tarkov world are a valuable part of the game, both as scavs and as pmcs

you wont get banned but lol if u play that poo poo

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

null_pointer posted:

Sorry, I'm confused. Don't run both what at the same time? The single player mod and tarkov? How would that even work?

The mod requires you to copy the install directory of the main game and install the mod over that and then launch it from there along with it's local server.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

null_pointer posted:

Like Saganlives said, don't pollute your live install folder. And once you have SPT up and running, only run either the official BSG launcher and game, or the SPT local server and client at any one time. Fully close one out before you launch the other, as if you'd have any reason to start Live Tarkov after you have SPT installed.

Whether or not it's urban legend that the anti-piracy/cheat stuff in the official game will detect that you're running the modified client, better to be safe.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

SPTarkov is meant to be installed in a different copy of the game in a folder wholly separate from the standard BSG install. As was said just don't run both at the same time. Otherwise the only way BSG can prove you're using SPTarkov and ban your Tarkov account is if you tell them you are or they're doing any number of things that would violate all sorts of privacy laws in the various places they sell the game in.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Going out of their way to prioritize hacking some detection for the SPT install into their anticheat process is exactly the sort of poo poo I can see BSG doing

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The new SPT auto-install demands you install to a fresh folder and is painless to install. I added some mods at makes everyone wander a bit, scavs loot stuff, and PMCs go try to do their quests. I think without those it can result in some maps having big chunks that are too safe and lifeless.

Go play SPT, its good and fun.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I've started a SPT run with Traveler and a mod that makes every trader use randomly generated barter trades instead of money a couple days ago, it's a lot of fun so far.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Awesome advice and help, everyone. Hit me with your must-have single player/ quality of life mods, please!

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

null_pointer posted:

Awesome advice and help, everyone. Hit me with your must-have single player/ quality of life mods, please!

Clearly the most important is All The Clothes, so you can play tactical dress up barbie even better

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

null_pointer posted:

Very goods IMO
    * Big Brain + Waypoints - For getting the bots, both scav and PMC to move around more, including areas where scavs normally won't go in online tarkov.
    * SAIN - Makes bots both more combat capable and less aimbot terminators. Has configurable difficult levels and you can fine tune just about everything. Even includes "personalities", EG: low level PMCs sometimes will be "timmies" and run away from fights while high level ones will be more aggressive.
    * SWAG-Donuts - configurable spawn points and such for bots, has a default where it picks from a set of random "live like" scenarios though changes things up a bit (EG: on customs one of the random profile might encourage more bots than usual to head over to Dorms and turn it into a real hotzone, another might make the PMCs more numerous and aggressive, a very rare one makes the whole raid extremely quiet with very few spawns).
    * Ammo Stats - Appends the examine info box for ammo with its damage and penetration value as well as a rough label on what grade of armor its effective against.
    * More Checkmarks - Takes the Found in Raid and other item checkmarks and expands on it in a variety of colors. Hovering over a checkmark will show you what that color means and a list of things that item is needed for and how many you have already if its needed for a quest/hideout upgrade.
    * Algorithmic Level Progression - Simulates "wipe to lategame" environment by making PMC spawns loosely follow the player's level. When you're first starting out most PMCs that spawn will be under level 15. By the time you yourself hit level 15 its about half and half if PMCs are 1-15 or 16-24 with a rare few above that level. And so on. PMCs gear is also based on these levels (EG: 1-15 PMCs only have Trader Tier 1 gear) AND they usually tend to take weapons appropriate to the map (EG: they have mid-long range weapons on Woods), though there is some randomness at play (EG: sometimes a low level PMC might have a rare bit of high tier gear like a nice helmet or good ammo in their mediocre gun).
    * SVM, Server Value Modifier - Lets you tweak all sorts of stats and poo poo. Loot levels, player XP rates and health, how fast time passes, trader numbers, really LOTS of stuff.
    * Oraceon's Fair and Balanced Preset for SVM - A decent looking preset for the above.
Preference stuff:
    * Fontaine's Always Level Endurace - what it says on the tin, apparently when overweight you only gain strength and stop gaining endurance XP in default Tarkov!
    * Armand's Graphics - Visual improvements/changes. May or may not be to your taste, not sure how I feel about it yet.
    * Fontaine's Recoil Overhaul - If you've played Tarkov any decent amount you've noticed how full auto recoil works, the gun jumps a bunch then levels back out automatically as your PMC gets control of the weapon. This removes that and makes weapons behaving more like traditional FPS games where it just has a steady climb based on recoil, necessitating the player manually pulling down on the mouse to compensate for heavy recoil.
    * Optics Rework - Changes certain optics in various ways. I like it cause it removes the horrible nipple reticle on the railed OKP and replaces it with another one. Supposedly the various changes were based on real life photos and poo poo, who knows.
Not yet updated for the latest SPTarkov version but will be adding it myself when it is:
    * Looting Bots - Makes the bots (PMC and Scav) loot poo poo they find from the world or corpses (besides the default behavior of stealing guns). They'll even throw items away in favor of more valuable stuff and upgrade their gear (EG: toss out their paca for a dead PMC's class 5 armor).

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 25, 2023

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Theres a mod that lets you configure how bosses spawn which has not yet been updated but is fantastic. I don't know which mod that did it but once I slowly unloaded a full mag into the customs tower sniper scav only to realize after the raid that it was Taglia who spawned up there.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Not yet updated for the latest SPTarkov version but will be adding it myself when it is:
    * Looting Bots - Makes the bots (PMC and Scav) loot poo poo they find from the world or corpses (besides the default behavior of stealing guns). They'll even throw items away in favor of more valuable stuff and upgrade their gear (EG: toss out their paca for a dead PMC's class 5 armor).

There is a link to a beta version on the mod's page that works with 3.7.1. On the overview page there is a clickable tab that says "Beta (3.7.1 Testing)" with the link.
e; I've been running it for a bunch of raids on woods, customs, and factory and it seems fine.

null_pointer posted:

With SWAG or Server Value Modifier, you might wanna tweak some of the boss spawns. Most notably I generally change The Goons since they have a 35% chance to spawn by default on SPT for some reason. I turn them off since they are not that much fun to fight even with SAIN installed and the Fair and Balanced preset reduces them to 15%.

Edit:
SPT-Aki Profile Editor - Edit your SPT profile/character easily. I recently used this to give myself a pistol start with a level 4 stash. Fairly easy to use and powerful. If you wanna add weapons to your stash, you actually want the PRESETS section and not the weapons one. Weapons will just give you the stripped receiver.

REDjackeT fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 25, 2023

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Very goods IMO
    * Big Brain + Waypoints - For getting the bots, both scav and PMC to move around more, including areas where scavs normally won't go in online tarkov.
    * SAIN - Makes bots both more combat capable and less aimbot terminators. Has configurable difficult levels and you can fine tune just about everything. Even includes "personalities", EG: low level PMCs sometimes will be "timmies" and run away from fights while high level ones will be more aggressive.
    * SWAG-Donuts - configurable spawn points and such for bots, has a default where it picks from a set of random "live like" scenarios though changes things up a bit (EG: on customs one of the random profile might encourage more bots than usual to head over to Dorms and turn it into a real hotzone, another might make the PMCs more numerous and aggressive, a very rare one makes the whole raid extremely quiet with very few spawns).
    * Ammo Stats - Appends the examine info box for ammo with its damage and penetration value as well as a rough label on what grade of armor its effective against.
    * More Checkmarks - Takes the Found in Raid and other item checkmarks and expands on it in a variety of colors. Hovering over a checkmark will show you what that color means and a list of things that item is needed for and how many you have already if its needed for a quest/hideout upgrade.
    * Algorithmic Level Progression - Simulates "wipe to lategame" environment by making PMC spawns loosely follow the player's level. When you're first starting out most PMCs that spawn will be under level 15. By the time you yourself hit level 15 its about half and half if PMCs are 1-15 or 16-24 with a rare few above that level. And so on. PMCs gear is also based on these levels (EG: 1-15 PMCs only have Trader Tier 1 gear) AND they usually tend to take weapons appropriate to the map (EG: they have mid-long range weapons on Woods), though there is some randomness at play (EG: sometimes a low level PMC might have a rare bit of high tier gear like a nice helmet or good ammo in their mediocre gun).
    * SVM, Server Value Modifier - Lets you tweak all sorts of stats and poo poo. Loot levels, player XP rates and health, how fast time passes, trader numbers, really LOTS of stuff.
    * Oraceon's Fair and Balanced Preset for SVM - A decent looking preset for the above.
Preference stuff:
    * Fontaine's Always Level Endurace - what it says on the tin, apparently when overweight you only gain strength and stop gaining endurance XP in default Tarkov!
    * Armand's Graphics - Visual improvements/changes. May or may not be to your taste, not sure how I feel about it yet.
    * Fontaine's Recoil Overhaul - If you've played Tarkov any decent amount you've noticed how full auto recoil works, the gun jumps a bunch then levels back out automatically as your PMC gets control of the weapon. This removes that and makes weapons behaving more like traditional FPS games where it just has a steady climb based on recoil, necessitating the player manually pulling down on the mouse to compensate for heavy recoil.
    * Optics Rework - Changes certain optics in various ways. I like it cause it removes the horrible nipple reticle on the railed OKP and replaces it with another one. Supposedly the various changes were based on real life photos and poo poo, who knows.

This is a good list and I'm running all of these as well. I'll be picking up Looting Bots as well when it gets updated, though I have noticed that even without it I will occasionally see a discarded rig or vest near a body and/or a looted body. I'll add to the list The Broker which adds a trader you can sell to that will then automatically resell those items to the trader (or flea) that will pay most for it. Very nice QoL, you still get all the rep and stats for having sold to the appropriate trader.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Geeze, where is the gasoline these days in Tarkov? My go to for Generator fuel used to be the back corner of OLI on interchange, but I've run a half dozen raids through there and haven't seen a single fuel can.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Geeze, where is the gasoline these days in Tarkov? My go to for Generator fuel used to be the back corner of OLI on interchange, but I've run a half dozen raids through there and haven't seen a single fuel can.

Flea market. 180k for a 100/100.

It's generally easiest to do a scav run or two and turn that into rubles and turn the rubles into a day's worth of gas, unless you have Streamer Server luck and can magically loot five billion rubles worth of poo poo off the dumbest scavs and players known to mankind in a single raid.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'll add a few SPT mods of my own:

* Medical Attention - If, like me, you're bad and turn up your health to compensate for it, this lets you change med items to match. You can tune the total healing available in each med kit, how much it'll heal in a single use, and even extra effects like making AFAK's fix fractures.
    * No Ammunition Fragmentation - Sets the fragmentation chance for all ammo to 0. Removes the random chance for a bullet to roll for exponential damage and destroy you instantly.
    * Open Extracts - Configure extract availability. Want all extracts available at all times? Sure! Even the ones on your spawn side of the map? Sure! Want to change co-op extracts to paid ones? Sure!
    * Armand's Hitmarker - Adds typical shooter hit markers around your crosshairs, can also configure it to add kill feeds and the like. Helpful to track if bosses have spawned.
    * Realistic Thermals - Upgrades thermal scopes to match their real life spec sheets, for resolution and refresh rate. No more game boy camera size sensors with 10hz screens. Also removes the arbitrary thermal cut-off range.
    * Punisher Boss Mod - Say hi to Frank Castle. Custom head model and reskined armor to have the punisher skull. 1% spawn chance that increases as you survive. He will seek you out, scream out some voice clips from the movies/show, and scare the absolute gently caress out of you.
    * Softcore - Currently not maintained by the author, its on the SPT discord as a "I updated it cause I enjoy it, use at your own risk" by someone else. A lot of changes to make a more consistent RPG flow to the game with a focus on barter trades, adds a crafting progression to the secure cases. Go read the SPT hub page for full details.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There’s a great mod that has three barterable special key containers that can hold all your keys and its fantastic. When I’m not at work I’ll look up the name.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

weekly font posted:

There’s a great mod that has three barterable special key containers that can hold all your keys and its fantastic. When I’m not at work I’ll look up the name.

Is it "Gilded Key Storage"?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is it "Gilded Key Storage"?

Yup!

Love knowing exactly what keys I’m missing. It’s well balanced too, the chains are not cheap for the barter especially if you’re going hardcore and not using the flea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
All good recommendations already, I use most that have been mentioned but I'll add some:

Game Panel HUD is a good one I recommend, especially if you're not familiar with some of the newer maps, like me. It's pretty minimalist and customizable, I remove the hit markers and markers that show the direction you're being shot from but it has a compass that shows extracts and quests,. Shows grenade count, ammo count and health.

Hephaestus is a trader that sells any weapons you make as presets, I make them pretty pricey to make it another money sink for the convenience.

Gunsmith is a trader that sells all the Mechanic quests guns you have to build, again I jack the price high.

MoreCheckmarks is a must, it adds a color and tool tip to the checkmarks for any item required for a quest, craft recipe or your hideout.

Someone may have mentioned already but AmmoStats is good too, give ammo a colored background and better description based on pen and damage stats.

AmandsSense is useful too for learning new maps, hit a button and it reveals all loot in a circle around you, also highly customizable.

I think it's called VisceralDismemberment or something, it's not updated for 3.7.1 yet, but it allows limbs and heads to be blown off which is so satisfying and kinda funny with all the blood effects.