Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ravens are absolutely a trap this week Tennessee gives them fits.

Also that meltdown at the end of the game Sunday cost me my week :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t know why I bother watching Thursday Night Football. If I wanted to see offenses pathetically failing at operating I could just go watch a local high school game.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

I don’t know why I bother watching Thursday Night Football. If I wanted to see offenses pathetically failing at operating I could just go watch a local high school game.

It's because we're all degenerates.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Talked a lot of poo poo going against my buddy this week who is 5-0. He started the Chiefs D/ST. Love going into the weekend already in a 15-20 point hole.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's because we're all degenerates.

:hmmyes:

Also the Chiefs always end up with these massive over/unders and spreads and we get excited but they frequently miss. I can't find stats on their performance vs O/U over the years but they've been pretty bad against the spread the last ~3 years. Which makes sense to my very basic gambling brain... set nutty spread, public says "Mahomes go brrrrr", Vegas actually goes brrrr because it's loving hard to score 6 TDs in a game. But he still can and does sometimes so you can't fully rule it out.

On the one site I checked just now the O/U on this game was 47.5. It reached 27 :lmao:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 13, 2023

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

MalleusDei posted:

Lol, I offered Kupp and Higbee for Kmet and Brown. They countered with Nacua for Kmet. Their offers keep getting worse... 🤔

I don't know your owners, but that sounds like a 'quit bothering me' offer.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RCarr posted:

Thursday night games are for watching your opponents kicker score 17 fantasy points

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Thursday night games are for watching your opponents kicker score 17 fantasy points

Should have been 20 if not for that fake kick tush push lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

ElectricRelaxation posted:

What are the thoughts on CJ Stroud, is he better than just a streaming QB? He's got kind of a tough matchup against NO this week and then his bye the week after, and I have to decide if he's worth holding on my bench or if I should just go for a better option for the next couple weeks. The top QBs on waivers are TLaw, Stafford, Goff, and Howell.

Someone in one of my leagues had to drop him to make room for a 2-1 trade and I decided to be that guy with 3 QBs because waivers are pretty picked over, so I put down $3 for him.

I have been (trying to anyway) rolling with Richardson as my QB1 and have Trevor Lawrence who I received in a big trade. With Richardson in IR, I’m gonna roll with T-Law for this week and next week and then I’m probably gonna go with Stroud and dump T-Law, because Stroud’s remaining schedule looks fairly easy compared to Lawrence’s.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Was watching the game with friends last night and one of the holdouts voting against deleting kickers every year was finally like "yeah OK this is loving dumb we gotta get rid of these"

:getin:

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

saintonan posted:

I don't know your owners, but that sounds like a 'quit bothering me' offer.

That's definitely the effect, if not the intent. Time to start shopping elsewhere.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

Was watching the game with friends last night and one of the holdouts voting against deleting kickers every year was finally like "yeah OK this is loving dumb we gotta get rid of these"

IDP gave me new appreciation for kickers. Annoyed by a guy on your team who can either go for 4 or 20 with no in between?

Try having five of them.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Didn't Yahoo used to have talking heads in their "fearless forecast" videos? I know it was nonsense and about as effective as someone talking about why the coin will definitely flip heads this time based on its training regimen but I always found it kind of fun and they would often at least do things like say whether a player was at practice or highlight whether the opposing defense had injuries and such. Now the videos are just little graphics.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Docjowles posted:

Its the best, gently caress kickers.

We got rid of them and added high week prizes the same season and we've never looked back.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
pssh kickers are fun. Fantasy football is supposed to be dumb and infuriating. I'm in one league with 2 kickers (with insane boosted K scoring) and one league that's only special teams.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

dxt posted:

pssh kickers are fun. Fantasy football is supposed to be dumb and infuriating. I'm in one league with 2 kickers (with insane boosted K scoring) and one league that's only special teams.

It's me. I like kickers in fantasy football as well. Yes, they are dumb random bullshit, but I like it for some reason. It feels wrong without them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

It’s the best, gently caress kickers.

This, a thousand times this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dxt posted:

This is my take as well. Especially since kickers have a better chance of negatively impacting a team. Makes it more fun in close matchups.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kickers, Tight Ends and Defenses are essential to fantasy football for me. Getting rid of them would be the most sterile, boring experience. Bad!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Miles Sanders has been ruled out. You'll have to look elsewhere for a flex who can get you 1.2 points.

Hubbard might have dump-off and garbage time PPR value.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

coronaball posted:

Miles Sanders has been ruled out. You'll have to look elsewhere for a flex who can get you 1.2 points.

Hubbard might have dump-off and garbage time PPR value.

I'm rolling with Salvon Ahmed.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

More fuel on the Kicker fire:

In addition to all the things that contribute to kicker score projections like Weather and Vegas lines, it has recently been found that kickers score less points on grass fields vs turf. Join me down the statistical rabbit hole :unsmigghh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Does fantasy (or at least yahoo) give Big Points to fake FGs where the kicker yeets to a receiver for a TD?

Asking as my hand hovers over the Lions kicker

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

T-Square posted:

Someone in one of my leagues had to drop him to make room for a 2-1 trade and I decided to be that guy with 3 QBs because waivers are pretty picked over, so I put down $3 for him.

I have been (trying to anyway) rolling with Richardson as my QB1 and have Trevor Lawrence who I received in a big trade. With Richardson in IR, I’m gonna roll with T-Law for this week and next week and then I’m probably gonna go with Stroud and dump T-Law, because Stroud’s remaining schedule looks fairly easy compared to Lawrence’s.

Yeah, I'm going with Stafford this week and I'll revisit it later if Stroud is still available after his bye. I don't really have room to carry more than one QB because between my kinda crappy RB drafting and JJ hitting the IR, I need as many lottery tickets there that I can get.

Fwiw I'd drafted Trevor and ended up dropping him for Stroud because he was completely disappointing. He's done nothing to really make me regret that decision and the fact that no one's picked him up just confirms it to me.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Does fantasy (or at least yahoo) give Big Points to fake FGs where the kicker yeets to a receiver for a TD?

Points are assigned irrespective of the player's designated position. When Taysom Hill is designated a TE and starts taking QB snaps people here salivate.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ESPN says the kicker would be credited with a passing TD https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020013252-Scoring-Faked-Field-Goals. I can't find anything definitive for Yahoo but I would guess it's the same?

This has also happened like 10 times in NFL history so I wouldn't hold my breath lol. Would own though

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

AnacondaHL posted:

More fuel on the Kicker fire:

In addition to all the things that contribute to kicker score projections like Weather and Vegas lines, it has recently been found that kickers score less points on grass fields vs turf. Join me down the statistical rabbit hole :unsmigghh:

I’m gonna go ahead and say that this is because most domes are turf

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Not sure I've ever seen this. I've seen the holder (usually the punter) throw for the TD. I've even seen the holder pitch it to the kicker who ran it in.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm also team kicker. Kickers basically function like mini QBs. It's a position where whatever points are available, there'd only the one guy on the team who's going to get them. You don't get multiple kickers competing for points on each team just like the average QB doesn't have someone else competing with them for snaps to throw the ball. If you hate one then you hate both.

Now tight end? Tight end loving sucks. They're competing with 4-5 other guys on their team for receptions and are usually far down the pecking order. In fantasy this should not exist as a separate position when their function is identical to what a WR does.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Points are assigned irrespective of the player's designated position. When Taysom Hill is designated a TE and starts taking QB snaps people here salivate.

This. If you play with IDPs you sometimes have fun things like your QB or WR getting points making a tackle after a turnover. Really WRs should get points for pass breakups on bad throws when they break up picks.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm also team kicker. Kickers basically function like mini QBs. It's a position where whatever points are available, there'd only the one guy on the team who's going to get them. You don't get multiple kickers competing for points on each team just like the average QB doesn't have someone else competing with them for snaps to throw the ball. If you hate one then you hate both.

Now tight end? Tight end loving sucks. They're competing with 4-5 other guys on their team for receptions and are usually far down the pecking order. In fantasy this should not exist as a separate position when their function is identical to what a WR does.

Fantasy TEs should get points for blocks or something

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Are there leagues that award points for first downs? I feel like replacing .5 ppr with .5 points per first down would be cool.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i would like first downs allowed as a d/st stat. not sure i'd want it for players.

my league does use yards against for d/st, so i guess that's a decent proxy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TEs are definitely annoying but removing them altogether feels wrong. Like how can you exclude some of the most exciting players in the game like Kelce or Gronk? Most of them are interchangeable turds though. Tight end premium is kinda interesting in that it gets them closer to parity with other positions. But it also makes having the one good TE an even more ridiculous advantage so I’m not convinced this is a fix so much as just novelty.

I don’t listen to him anymore but Chris Harris used to constantly rant about just counting TEs and WRs as the same position for fantasy. I think that’s pretty compelling. Then the top TEs are WR1s / high end WR2s instead of their own weird thing. And the rest are in the pool of waiver idiots with like Braxton Barrios you might play out of desperation or in a prime matchup instead of being required.

I think mechanically you do this by changing the TE slot to a second flex? Curious if anyone has done this and how it went.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

abelwingnut posted:

i would like first downs allowed as a d/st stat. not sure i'd want it for players.

my league does use yards against for d/st, so i guess that's a decent proxy.

We have one point for turnover on downs in one league and I kinda like it, minimum effect but it feels right. Defense did its job!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

along with the normal te slot, my league has three flexes plus a superflex, so te is about as devalued as it can get.

works well enough? i have way more fun digging through random wr than whatever is going on in the bottom half of the te barrel.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

Are there leagues that award points for first downs? I feel like replacing .5 ppr with .5 points per first down would be cool.

I’m in a league that does this but it’s a very not serious one so hard for me to say how it’s working out. It assigns one point for a rushing or receiving first down. The biggest effect I see is the alpha players are INSANELY good because not only are they getting their normal stats, they get the bulk of the first downs too because they’re always their team’s go to guy. If you thought CMC was overpowered in a normal league, oh boy. He’s like 50 points ahead of the next best RB lol.

edit: I meant rushing first down, not passing

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 13, 2023

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Due to byes and now Roschon Johnson being ruled out my opponent is now missing 4/5 of his RBs with the only one active being Kenneth Gainwell. I can't wait to see how I still manage to lose this

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the obvious answer is to make a flex spot that is te/k and that's the only roster spot for either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Tom Tucker posted:

I did this in my home league one year. Forgot to exclude passing from it, though, so QB scoring ended up inflated for the year. Worked pretty well for the other positions, though