Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM

Fellatio del Toro posted:

seriously shoutout to all the brave folks risking their lives to cover this knowing that your boss is going to describe your death using a passive voice

zionist-involved shelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Iran has absolutely no desire to directly get involved in this war but man if they do get dragged in and so does America....Biden is going to get a shellacking in the elections next year.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

hubris.height posted:

this is grim even considering the circumstances

happened last year already

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A New Dad posted:

zionist-involved shelling

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Death By The Blues posted:

Iran has absolutely no desire to directly get involved in this war but man if they do get dragged in and so does America....Biden is going to get a shellacking in the elections next year.

And people were saying there was no chance of a draft

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/state-department-internal-emails-gaza-israel_n_65296395e4b0a304ff6ff95d?ykm

As Israel escalates its attacks on Gaza, the State Department is discouraging diplomats working on Middle East issues from making public statements suggesting the U.S. wants to see less violence, according to internal emails viewed by HuffPost.

In messages circulated on Friday, State Department staff wrote that high-level officials do not want press materials to include three specific phrases: “de-escalation/ceasefire,” “end to violence/bloodshed” and “restoring calm.”

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

catapults are back baby

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

I've yet to see Reuters' official Twitter account comment on one of their journalists being killed by the IDF

since israel only targets combatants, it raises a lot of uncomfortable questions for Reuters. they need to vet this one with legal.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

VoicesCanBe posted:

The IDF without question targeted that press convoy on purpose and are sending a message to other press.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Israel put out an ad on YouTube with unicorns and rainbows saying 40 babies were murdered

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

PawParole posted:

Maybe Americans can learn from us. :canada: :quebec:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PawParole posted:

there's no chance of a draft

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

tristeham posted:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/state-department-internal-emails-gaza-israel_n_65296395e4b0a304ff6ff95d?ykm

As Israel escalates its attacks on Gaza, the State Department is discouraging diplomats working on Middle East issues from making public statements suggesting the U.S. wants to see less violence, according to internal emails viewed by HuffPost.

In messages circulated on Friday, State Department staff wrote that high-level officials do not want press materials to include three specific phrases: “de-escalation/ceasefire,” “end to violence/bloodshed” and “restoring calm.”

ngl the whole response from the US has been worse than even I thought it would be

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

The IOF is allegedly targeting cars travelling from north to south Gaza. There's been videos coming out as well.

i somehow didn't expect them to take potshots at the fleeing civillians though i definitely should have, new lows being reached

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tristeham posted:

goddamn loving bloodthirsty

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

our big fat boys have nothing to worry about

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

tristeham posted:

stomach churning

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*posting 2 like tweet of someone going um thinking there might be a draft*

umn yall ready for the dfraft?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Man who gives a gently caress

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

tristeham posted:

morbid lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hawowanlawow posted:

ngl the whole response from the US has been worse than even I thought it would be

when israel finally realizes the west doesnt give a gently caress and nukes gaza, joe biden will ask for your vote in the same speech he announces the transfer of US warheads to replace any used by israel

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*posting 2 like tweet of someone going um thinking there might be a draft*

umn yall ready for the dfraft?

i'm drafting you, pal

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Clip-On Fedora posted:

yeah

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

me, sending an email blast to my M:TG friends:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

If Amerikkka was at war with Iran the dictatorship of capital would need a draft

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if america goes to war with iran we will have way bigger things to worry about than the election

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

mawarannahr posted:

gf doesn't know poo poo about i/p... i explained I support the Palestinians and she said she supports both sides and that both are indigenous to the area. pretty disappointed. 0/5.

:sever:

e: late apparently

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

They’re holding the world and their own citizens at gunpoint and making them watch

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1712865915614756963

:thurman:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tristeham posted:

Pure Evil

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

PawParole posted:

It's an election year dude nobody is even going to talk about a draft in a joking facetious sense let alone seriously present it as a policy

We went twenty years in Iraq and Afghanistan without a draft and I cannot imagine the political climate in which a draft could get floated here

We would need to have a peer nation directly attack us to justify this poo poo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veoy32G7trY&t=103s

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

it’s cool that Germans still fly nazi planes

https://x.com/hum_dunkin/status/1712789156340875698?s=46

Ramrod Hotshot has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Oct 13, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

go back and read this thread from mid 2022. it's sickening how little changes

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1525542579055390720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

hawowanlawow posted: