Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

gently caress :(

this and killing journalists. they dont want any news of whats to come to get outside gaza.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Oct 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

i dont know how many times it can be repeated: israel has been the laboratory for oppression techniques for decades, theyre seeing their plans for the rest of the global south and eventually the imperial core fail spectacularly

I’ve been corresponding with a professor who wrote the book on fortifications in the present day and so much of his work hinged on how effective Israel’s high tech, digital, networked, automated etc defences were compared to “guy in tower with binoculars” and “foot patrol”.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

The US ruling class seems every bit as spooked from this as Israel's is. The hysterical media coverage as well as officials including Biden himself latching on to all forms of atrocity propaganda point to desperation. I agree with FF's post earlier, they're terrified that they're losing control of the Middle East.

This is why they are endorsing genocide, and aren't even bothering with the pretense of seeking restraint. What a heinously evil position.

Kinda dumb guy question: is there a possible breaking point between the US/West and Israel where the idea of a military dog/base friendly to the west just isn't worth it? Is there anything Israel can give western hegemon that like, KSA can't? oh no America's mask slips another millimeter?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oh right oh they're people they have families and some of those families may even live in the country i am from oh oh okay this is what people mean when they talk about empathy ahh

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I’ve been corresponding with a professor who wrote the book on fortifications in the present day and so much of his work hinged on how effective Israel’s high tech, digital, networked, automated etc defences were compared to “guy in tower with binoculars” and “foot patrol”.

too bad the "blow everything up with warcrimes" part still works

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fits my needs posted:

love the dudes coming in freaking out about nukes or drafts or whatever bullshit

burger people

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

smarxist posted:

Kinda dumb guy question: is there a possible breaking point between the US/West and Israel where the idea of a military dog/base friendly to the west just isn't worth it? Is there anything Israel can give western hegemon that like, KSA can't? oh no America's mask slips another millimeter?

No, because their own political class is beholden to AIPAC money, so their policy has become self-perpetuating. The time to do it would have been before 1967.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tristeham posted:

burger people

PoBs

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I am guessing it has turned out that relying on all this high tech magic bs is not all that effective.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/adamelmahrek/status/1712855807984054504

Blinken is talking about Israeli children getting beheaded, meanwhile even the journalists who laundered that propaganda are backing away from it now

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dokapon Findom posted:

Any time Obama would meet with like the Saudi king or Japanese emperor he would make a silly bow and some of the right wing mob interpreted this as nothing short of a literal transfer of America's sovereignty to foreign royalty. Same deal with libs and this

Naw it isn’t comparable at all. Those things are stupid made up controversies about decorum. Showing up to your country’s legislature dressed in the armed forces of another country means you are directly and openly declaring allegiance to another country and placing yourself in their armed forces command structure, so outright saying you are working for Israel and not America. It’s not a controversy it’d be outright treason if it were any other country in the world.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

smarxist posted:

I think it's all Israel's secret illegal unknown number of nukes that they're worried about losing control of.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

scrolled past this funny photoshop a few times hehe *squinting, looking at the ops profile picture, then back at the photo, then reading the ops bio, then looking back the photo again*

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/its_maria012/status/1712783456240009491

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Checks out

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

France cut ties with Israel in the 60’s right before the US stepped in but they didn’t have 60 years of propagandizing their own population, plus the money, plus the Jewish vote in key Democrat districts weighing against it.

The Democrats can’t lose Florida and New York and LA.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Thoguh posted:

Naw it isn’t comparable at all. Those things are stupid made up controversies about decorum. Showing up to your country’s legislature dressed in the armed forces of another country means you are directly and openly declaring allegiance to another country and placing yourself in their armed forces command structure, so outright saying you are working for Israel and not America. It’s not a controversy it’d be outright treason if it were any other country in the world.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I think it's all Israel's secret illegal unknown number of nukes that they're worried about losing control of.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Al! posted:

i dont know how many times it can be repeated: israel has been the laboratory for oppression techniques for decades, theyre seeing their plans for the rest of the global south and eventually the imperial core fail spectacularly

Cmon dude, you know full well this is going to lead to more funding for the US's Law Enforcement/Prison Industrial Complex

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1712871959619686576

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man the dnd thread is truly just worthless wankery

Morbus
May 18, 2004

:ironicat:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hmmm, seems like you need to have a lot of nukes or money if you want to make it in this world

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
gonna start using MBA aftet my name, but it stands for marg bar amrika

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

releasing this video at this specific moment is tactically something

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1712872944416735534?t=xvyaL4upg5Ejd7mA43SjJA&s=19

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mags posted:

voting for trump is harm reduction lmao

i still think voting is for marks but i would have never voted for biden in 2020 and ill never vote for him in 2024 so i can see this option looking attractive given you know, the whole genocide thing

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/adamelmahrek/status/1712855807984054504

Blinken is talking about Israeli children getting beheaded, meanwhile even the journalists who laundered that propaganda are backing away from it now

gently caress you..."misled" my rear end. You went along with the horseshit narrative just long enough to justify Israel's war crimes.

Trump might be the harm reduction candidate...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How could Putin do this?!

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

do not watch the videos of IDF interacting with Palestinian children

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Al! posted:

i still think voting is for marks but i would have never voted for biden in 2020 and ill never vote for him in 2024 so i can see this option looking attractive given you know, the whole genocide thing

yeh I’m still not voting but I’m definitely telling liberals this and letting them think that I am

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Other posters have said it but bears repeating it was a trap to get people out of shelters to the open so they can indiscriminately bomb them throughout the day

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1712871852731740354

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

man the dnd thread is truly just worthless wankery

Last time I clicked it was last night for a probe and it seemed like they were still taking the decapotated baby blood libel as true

Shan’t go back

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trump would be doing the same thing as Biden right now. He'd be pitching his advisors on pulling a Diem against Netanyahu, but wouldn't pull the trigger on it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i can't read the phrase "trump is the harm reduction candidate" it keeps warping and turning into zalgo text, it's too weird and powerful

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Trump would be doing the same thing as Biden right now. He'd be pitching his advisors on pulling a Diem against Netanyahu, but wouldn't pull the trigger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A rare BJG dub.