Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

thinkin to roast a bit of lamb

edit: should be General Ghoul-poo poo IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wish the sexy witches had won instead of the Buckners.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
making a big pot of chili

with beans...

bird with big dick posted:

Good day to watch greatest movie ever made. Even better in big screen 4K.

hell yes

been watching shining vale and I'm loving it. thinking to revisit cabin in the woods when I finished.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bird with big dick posted:

Good day to watch greatest movie ever made. Even better in big screen 4K.

definitely one of my favorites

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
woops slept until 11am. apparently all it takes to gently caress my sleep hard is making me get up an hour earlier every day for an even angrier meeting. been exhausted all week

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
From some work chat ice breaker thing, question was what's your favorite movie:

"I am a big horror/thriller fan and really enjoy both psychological and supernatural horror. I would say Split, The Conjuring, The Nun, and Annabelle are my favorite modern horror movies! "

"Me too <name of bad taste haver>! We watched the Nun 2 last weekend, and I loved James McAvoy in Split! I'm listening to the audiobook of Ed and Lorraine Warren's experiences and there's more to Annabelle than was in the movie, it's super creepy!"

Extremely bad horror movie takes happening.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I thought both Split and The Conjuring were good if not great when I saw em new in theaters tbqh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

im pretty stoked that ari aster makes good horror movies now, he was a good friend of mine for a year at the stupid charter school we went to and thats all he ever fuckin talked about

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I thought both Split and The Conjuring were good if not great when I saw em new in theaters tbqh

I didn't see Split and thought the Conjuring was decent

More The Nun and Annabelle, well really more it is they cause me all kinds of work stress and I hate them so I need to take any opportunity here.

Cabin in the Woods is so much better than all of them and I need to give it the yearly rewatch sometime soon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:coffeepal:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gonna get a neck tattoo of gengar (not a joke)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there was a time there around 2012~ when the first Insidious/The Conjuring/Sinister all just worked for me horror wise and I was seeing them with other ppl in the same boat and it helped get me in to horror

Now they all have a bunch of stupid sequels and the bar has been raised on truly scary stuff by movies like Hereditary by the aforementioned Ari Aster, The Babadook, etc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
new VHS out btw anyone seen it???

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

did you just like miss the good horror before then or what because there is so much like martyrs etc

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

AARD VARKMAN posted:

downloaded but not watchd

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

there was a time there around 2012~ when the first Insidious/The Conjuring/Sinister all just worked for me horror wise and I was seeing them with other ppl in the same boat and it helped get me in to horror

Now they all have a bunch of stupid sequels and the bar has been raised on truly scary stuff by movies like Hereditary by the aforementioned Ari Aster, The Babadook, etc

I was obsessed with found footage movies after Blair Witch came out and shocked the nation. Now they are so fake looking to me.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Eating a big spicy bowl of ramen right before bed is never a good idea the next day

:shitman:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I will probably watch this weekend, but the last few were pretty neat takes on the genre

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sid Vicious posted:

did you just like miss the good horror before then or what because there is so much like martyrs etc

I honestly didn't really know anyone with interest in horror movies before college. Eventually we all ended up watching lots of still scary earlier stuff like Ringu.

but the ones I mentioned were kind of a gateway for me since I hadn't been in to it before, so they will remain in my heart despite becoming increasingly mid in actual quality/scariness in hindsight

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I was obsessed with found footage movies after Blair Witch came out and shocked the nation. Now they are so fake looking to me.

My uncle got a bootleg version of Blair Witch Project when it came out so it was extra horror-y, it was awesome

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I still love found footage :shobon: the whole VHS series is one of my absolute favorites.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh thats cool sorry im a weirdo who has been obsessed with horror since early childhood

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I still love found footage :shobon: the whole VHS series is one of my absolute favorites.

grave encounters 1 + 2 together are a grand time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I remember seeing Blair Witch like 6 months after it came out and being severely underwhelmed

I went and saw Paranormal Activity on a date, though, that was wild lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i loved the paranormal activity movies even though they were insanely campy. they were the 2000s equivalent of a sleepaway camp slasher for me

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think my favorite slasher flick is tucker and dale versus evil.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's not found footage but Under the Shadow is one I really enjoyed but rarely see mentioned. It's set in Tehran during the Iran-Iraq war and is about living somewhere being bombed so might be even more effective (or extremely inappropriate) a movie given the poo poo going on in Gaza rn

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I just think nostalgia is really hyping up Blair Witch in my mind and nothing since has matched the atmosphere. That's probably because I was young and dumb enough to believe the other kids when they were all saying it was true and then when it was confirmed it was of course just a movie, I never wanted to be made a fool like that ever again >: (

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I just think nostalgia is really hyping up Blair Witch in my mind and nothing since has matched the atmosphere. That's probably because I was young and dumb enough to believe the other kids when they were all saying it was true and then when it was confirmed it was of course just a movie, I never wanted to be made a fool like that ever again >: (

i mean its also one of the best found footage films because the budget made it believable. there weren't any zany special effects and they didnt got off the wall with it in that particular installment

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I was binge watching 90s-00s music videos yesterday, I realized that "just bring a ton of fans and put them in the background while you perform the song" was a whole video genre.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

neato burrito posted:

I was binge watching 90s-00s music videos yesterday, I realized that "just bring a ton of fans and put them in the background while you perform the song" was a whole video genre.

poo poo even Mastodon did Family Values-style tour videos in the Blood Mountain era

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

neato burrito posted:

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are masterpieces :colbert:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I like Remission the most, and each subsequent album at little less so.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

neato burrito posted:

I like Remission the most, and each subsequent album at little less so.

Everything after CTS is quite different and took a while to grow on me, but I like their new 3 Dog Night dynamic since Brent doesn't do dirty vocals anymore and Brann sings all the time.

Remission is a real raw album, but it's drat good. March of the Fire Ants is one of my favorite Mastodon songs, full-stop.

edit: I talked to Al Cisneros for a minute at Melvins the other night, seems like he's doing pretty good. Running into Al as just some other big old beardo dude at Sunshine theater is always wild.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 13, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

*in the voice fred flintstone uses when he shouts wilma*

friiiidaaaayyy!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

gonna get a neck tattoo of gengar (not a joke)

based. he's got a top tier vibe. also one of the best mons competitively before the physical/special split nerfed his rear end.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

satanic splash-back posted:

I think my favorite slasher flick is tucker and dale versus evil.

in a similar vein:

shaun of the dead
juan of the dead
the evil dead tv series
stan vs evil tv series

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

:colbert: