Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

So I didn't need to waste 2 weeks of grape juice on pumpkins at all? What's the event key actually for then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xerol posted:

So I didn't need to waste 2 weeks of grape juice on pumpkins at all? What's the event key actually for then?

There are three unique mailboxes

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Haunted house is okay but the drop rate for jack o lanterns is pretty low tbh.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Not a problem for me, I'm basically voiding lemons at this point.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Xerol posted:

Not a problem for me, I'm basically voiding lemons at this point.

How?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Xerol posted:

Kaboobi posted:

You'll probably get a boatload of them from exploring and quests later this month, don't sweat it.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The quests that give 5000 APs as reward and I just cba to click enough in a day to use up the new ones I'm crafting.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

koshmar posted:

double edit: new mailbox password thomashateseggsalot

How does this fit in with The Indecipherable Note?

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
I didn't expect to be hooked on a mobile game like this, but I've been playing solid for the last month, and it scratches just the right 'numbers go up' itch for me. The community seems really friendly too, which I didn't expect.

Am I right to be sticking with lanterns as my main moneymaker up until unlocking the Whispering Creek? Anything else that looks farmable seems to need oak, unless I'm missing something. I'm currently stuck in corn jail for the quest's rune stone, so who knows how far away I am from unlocking that.

For mugs of beer, am I relying on the exchange center for cutlasses to throw in the well? They're a little out of reach at the moment while I focus on getting the last couple of big upgrades I want.

Lastly, is there anything good to throw in the well on a daily basis? I've used it a few times for turning bacon into gold feathers for a quest, but I'd like to avoid wasting the freebies only to get blocked down the road.

Thanks for any advice. If anyone wants bones randomly added to their mailbox once in a while, add me as SpiderPlant

Spider Plant fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 13, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'm not sure, it was just posted in spoiler chat as the way to get the Cleaver

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

apparently it's a https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifid_cipher

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Spider Plant posted:

I didn't expect to be hooked on a mobile game like this, but I've been playing solid for the last month, and it scratches just the right 'numbers go up' itch for me. The community seems really friendly too, which I didn't expect.

Am I right to be sticking with lanterns as my main moneymaker up until unlocking the Whispering Creek? Anything else that looks farmable seems to need oak, unless I'm missing something. I'm currently stuck in corn jail for the quest's rune stone, so who knows how far away I am from unlocking that.

For mugs of beer, am I relying on the exchange center for cutlasses to throw in the well? They're a little out of reach at the moment while I focus on getting the last couple of big upgrades I want.

Lastly, is there anything good to throw in the well on a daily basis? I've used it a few times for turning bacon into gold feathers for a quest, but I'd like to avoid wasting the freebies only to get blocked down the road.

Thanks for any advice. If anyone wants bones randomly added to their mailbox once in a while, add me as SpiderPlant

Yeah peeps are generally pretty cool in this game, it's nice.

Mugs of beer pop up in the exchange center off and on, I would not throw cutlasses in the well, you will need all you can get for a while.

What I throw in the well kinda depends what I'm looking for at the time, if not something specific hard to go wrong tossing in bacon or salt imo.

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for when they're on offer. Also, thanks very much for the juice! Was enough of a boost to get my parrot up to level 6 for the semiregular large nets.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Somehow I feel like exploring the haunted house manually has the same odds of getting a ghost as per AP/AC use. I got a ghost every few clicks regardless of which thing I used.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

Somehow I feel like exploring the haunted house manually has the same odds of getting a ghost as per AP/AC use. I got a ghost every few clicks regardless of which thing I used.

Chat was talking about that yesterday. It definitely looks like it's a chance per explore so it isn't worth the AC or AP.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Probably don't spend all your geckos making witch's brew :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oh no

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NFX posted:

Probably don't spend all your geckos making witch's brew :(

:rip:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
If anyone is in need of nets or large nets let me know, I’m filling mailboxes today.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

If anyone is in need of nets or large nets let me know, I’m filling mailboxes today.

Large nets would be amazing.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

Large nets would be amazing.

Never mind found it in the spreadsheet

koshmar fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 15, 2023

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I'll never say no to large nets.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

Never mind found it in the spreadsheet

Thanks!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rakeris posted:

I'll never say no to large nets.

Delivered!

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Another recent player here. Any sort of farming games are my jam and I was looking for another mobile game to sink some time into. I’m loving how everything is so interconnected skill wise and the community is really great.

I’ve unlocked the kitchen, is it worth building that soon as? I’m averaging about 350 mil a day as long as I keep my lantern production ticking over with fancy pipes and sturdy shields mixed in. So it would only take a day or so to unlock.

I’ve unlocked Ember Lagoon which has helped massively with glass. My current bottle neck crafting wise is twine and rope. I have enough straw for my lantern production but if I want to craft nets then that cuts into my lantern twine. Considering pushing straw more. I’ve maxed my orchard to 600 trees and once my inventory increases I’ll just keep pumping my orchard for more mad sprints for crafting materials. Im also waiting on corn jail for the rune to hopefully get the next fishing area soon.

I’m diziettkett in game if anyone wants to add me!

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Kitchen is really a more of a "after you unlock the tower" focus, though buying it to help you get to 99 farming is a thing you can do. You'll need to spend some time throwing things at the townsfolk for recipes and the enhanced produce growth time artifact helps the ingredients part. I think I unlocked it around 90ish and just occasionally tossed together bone broth and onion soup for awhile until they dropped the pet that requires 25 cooking, ground cooking up over a few weeks, and went back to ignoring it for now because I have some catchup to do to bridge my recipe unlocking gap.

Straw is pretty good: both lanterns and big nets need some amount of straw, and big nets is very, very good money when you get to the right levels. With the next location you get unlocking the possibility of raptors that can give daily antlers, I would say it's probably worth it. (You can also turn the straw into yarn to give to townsfolk, which some of them really like.)

I regret to inform you that corn jail is eternal, but I hope you get the rune soon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Serenity Dove posted:

Another recent player here. Any sort of farming games are my jam and I was looking for another mobile game to sink some time into. I’m loving how everything is so interconnected skill wise and the community is really great.

I’ve unlocked the kitchen, is it worth building that soon as? I’m averaging about 350 mil a day as long as I keep my lantern production ticking over with fancy pipes and sturdy shields mixed in. So it would only take a day or so to unlock.

What's your secret to keep glass bottles stocked?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Followup question: is there anything in particular I should stock up on with my daily grape juice? I've just been throwing the longest crop I can in.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

Followup question: is there anything in particular I should stock up on with my daily grape juice? I've just been throwing the longest crop I can in.

Well that’s what I did to help me GM the slow growing ones but then if you have a quest requiring medium speed crops use it for that while needed I think.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.

IcePhoenix posted:

What's your secret to keep glass bottles stocked?

I was hitting Mount Banon a lot for unpolished shimmer stone and coal. Once I got a decent nest egg I pumped up coal production so once I unlocked Ember Lagoon I just kept running orange juice fuelled laps around that for the glass orbs and ember stone to feed more glass. My quarry is providing me with enough sandstone as well.

I have no idea if that’s the best use of my stamina but it’s worked for me so far! I had a week where I took a break from quests so I purely focused on building up my production buildings to keep up with my inventory which has kept my money ticking in nicely.

Also a huge thank you to the goons who have been mailing me stuff! With the rope and OJ I was able to get my fishing bumped up and I’ve now unlocked Lake Minerva which has been a huge boost for my fishing. The extra OJ has been great as well for exploring the Haunted House as that gives really good exploring experience it seems which is boosting my exploration skill.

I’ll hold off the kitchen for now unless there is a bonus event. I’m very close to unlocking the Macaw so I’m going to focus on that first and the 1b storehouse upgrade.

Edit: Flywishes, your well wishes blessed me with the runestone!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

I used the wishing well enough to get 50 of each carved animal thing JUST IN CASE some bullshit quest is going to ask for 300 of them, and they're slowly amassing

https://farmrpg.com/wiki.php?page=PHR+Rewards

I did this over the few days and today got 40x carved camels. And 50 pirate logs. (I haven't done phr's in earnest at all. I'm only up to 129m rewards.)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I got two batches of 180x corn prize bags today so i think I’m doin pretty okay

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I suppose it has to happen to someone

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Blimey!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Atoramos posted:

I suppose it has to happen to someone

Noice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I roughly do the same. Or I sometimes scan ahead on a quest chain and stock up on something.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I see an event key for 200 ghosts in exchange house. Has that only just started popping up?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

hambeet posted:

I see an event key for 200 ghosts in exchange house. Has that only just started popping up?

Yes today is the first time I’ve seen it. There’s a quest asking for ghosts as well.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I did wonder if there was going to be a way to get a third (or more?) event key. I had one already, perhaps from last year, and one from the temple. And there are three special mail boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

There's three available for this event for all three mailboxes.

One is in the Exchange Center, one is from the Liberty to the Captives questline, and one is in the Temple of Reward for Jack-o-lanterns.