Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

At approx. 8:15 am rumors began to circulate that certain elements within hamas have obtained a grandfather and possibly a windforce. Israel cannot stand for this expansion in military offensive capability and have begun a massive bombardment of frozen orbs and blizzards on the Gaza strip

SoJ was right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

So we went from Ukraine to this. Do they drop support or no? I know i show my ignorance but the Defense Budget is already astronomical so I'm struggling to see how to support two conflicts in two NATO satellite states

Money matters less than actual war materials because there’s only so many bullets and bombs to go around.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

speng31b posted:

every person i have seen doing this, is doing it an super racist way to draw some sort of comparison about how the irish resistance fighters had so much more humanity than hamas because, well, you know

anglo libs: the irish in belfast were so much more civilized than the palestinians

irish in belfast: We Support Palestine

quote:

BREAKING | Belfast school to be contacted by Department of Education over ‘pro-Palestine’ rally
DUP MP Sammy Wilson branded photographs posted online “abhorrent”
Kurtis Reid
Today at 11:45
The Department of Education has said it will be contacting a Belfast school for “further information” after videos and photographs were shared online of pupils holding a rally in support of Palestinians in Gaza.
Colaiste Feirste, which is the only Irish language speaking secondary school based in Belfast took to the social media website X (formerly Twitter) on Wednesday to share images of pupils holding Palestinian flags with caption ‘Tacaionn maid leis an Phalaistin’ which roughly translates to ‘We Support Palestine’.

The photographs were accompanied by a video of an apparent pupil who gave a speech entirely in Irish where the school reiterated its support for those living in Gaza.

In a statement to this newspaper, a spokesperson for the Department of Education said: "This issue has been drawn to the attention of the Department. We will be contacting the school to obtain further information on the matter.”
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...a401939145.html

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

as far as hamas goes they could behead 40 babies in the middle of times square and id still support them.

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its a funny image but luftwaffe just means air fighters

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

So we went from Ukraine to this. Do they drop support? The Defense Budget is already astronomical so I'm struggling to see how to support two conflicts in two NATO satellite states

Yeah Ukraine is completely hosed

It's Biden's war so the GOP will make him eat poo poo on it, there's no way they'll approve funding for both if they know Biden is feeling pressure to divert to Israel, it gives them an opportunity to make him look weak on ukraine while also irritating the far left into staying home over Palestine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You telling me the babies story is fake? Wow

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Thoguh posted:

Money matters less than actual war materials because there’s only so many bullets and bombs to go around.

pretty sure they can just print money to buy more supplies. after all, the administration has already abolished inflation so nothing can go wrong!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Iverron posted:

genocide joe has to go

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Al! posted:

But why is it in German Grey

Dear Germany: nobody made you keep the Nazi aesthetic after WW2 you literally chose to do this

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

paint sure must keep well

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

they gave the boy permission

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol this quote came from an interview with Russell Brand ...awkward!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

So we went from Ukraine to this. Do they drop support or no? I know i show my ignorance but the Defense Budget is already astronomical so I'm struggling to see how to support two conflicts in two NATO satellite states

No one important has thought about ukraine once in the last week rip

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

No one important has thought about ukraine once in the last week rip

z man learning who the real Big Israel is

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1712563089298584004

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

moths posted:

Japan was able to begin rebuilding Hiroshima after 2 years.

Would Netanyahu rather obliterate civilians or feed IDF to a meat-grinder?Does Israel have more contempt for Palestine than the US did for Japan? Does the West really support Israel unconditionally?

None of those considerations are reassuring.

we've had 80 years of the dumbest, craziest nazi fucks imaginable with their finger on the button and so far japan and micronesia are the only two places that have been nuked. nuclear weapons are a boogie man

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fighter jets need to fly over too with blue and white smoke plumes

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

We can probably support 2 proxy wars but let's just say that now would be a great time for North Korea to march on Seoul.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

ugh lol

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

propaganda machine go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Edit: nevermind. I'm just sick of all this poo poo

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

The Voice of Labor posted:

we've had 80 years of the dumbest, craziest nazi fucks imaginable with their finger on the button and so far japan and micronesia are the only two places that have been nuked. nuclear weapons are a boogie man

Algeria

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Retromancer posted:

We can probably support 2 proxy wars but let's just say that now would be a great time for North Korea to march on Seoul.

how's taiwan this time of year?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
So, admins of reddit / mods of /r/worldnews, why'd the AMA get cancelled?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

fits my needs posted:

hoping for some ospreys

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Retromancer posted:

If I was Xi Jinping I'd have a couple boats full of commandos already on the way to Taiwan

So many countries that can just pop off now if they want, America isn't stopping anyone with this going on

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chicago City Council is having public comment about a potential solidairyt statement with Israel
https://twitter.com/ChicagosMayor/status/1712900604979294494
https://twitter.com/wearedissenters/status/1712896347513213056

Also CPD weighing in
https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police/status/1712884503109423242

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1712871613882900518

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

err posted:

dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta dti dta

Applying to Stanford with an essay that's just #DeathToAmerica written 100 times.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Only black character has shackle in his name

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Well

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712900189051130300

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712899481195204731

the irony is not lost that the last time Iran and Saudi Arabia agreed on anything was the murder of their fellow Muslim brothers at the hand of daesh lol.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

So who's going to get black balled like Kaepernick when they don't tow the company line?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fits my needs posted:

funny thing is that there's an airbase nearby that always does flyovers of Arrowhead stadium at the start of home games.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The NHL banned rainbow stick tape

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

loving incredible

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Edmund Sparkler posted:

So who's going to get black balled like Kaepernick when they don't tow the company line?

Travis Kelce has an opportunity to do the funniest thing

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

god forbid you kneel at a football game tho

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

External Organs posted:

Travis Kelce has an opportunity to do the funniest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I heard this a lot about Iran too and they're still flying their F-14s

The only reason this was ever an actual perk of dealing with the United States was that we had an edge in manufacturing and technology that we simply do not have anymore, building replacement parts and getting fuel just aren't that big of a problem for a modern world power. If Iran can keep two dozen American jets flying for 50 years under the sanction regime they're under, Saudi Arabia will have no problem operating their equipment with or without us

replacement parts are one thing but the bespoke software and electrical components embedded into every system on the plane are another. f14s are from the era before the us had fully adopted the apple/bmw design mentality of making self-service impossible to force customer reliance.
export f35s all have us maintenance and service teams that use equipment the client country isn't allowed to possess or even use themselves

if you don't have them come defrag the plane every 6 months or whatever you're risking being out billions of dollars and your entire airforce
can't really develop parallel systems to use on the planes in secret because what would you develop them on when all of your planes already have nsa onstar

imo the entire us military equipment export model has or is shifting its priority to being impossible to loving get rid of over efficacy or practicality. displace the competition and alternatives and force everyone to be dependant on your supply chains and service teams so you don't need to deploy your own military to the area because you've already got all the leverage

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Oct 13, 2023