Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
White Chain in the second page looks like a little girl who's been denied her ice cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

WC’s iris/pupils real tiny right now. That’s usually not a good sign.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

He is closer to Royalty than he has ever been.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
The Patreon preview version of the comic had slightly different dialogue, and ended with "And now... the same has happened to me".

Pretty obvious why it was changed, since the subtext is clear enough.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pseudorandom name posted:

He is closer to Royalty than he has ever been.

So far the trend seems to be that Royalty involves cutting your hair very short or letting it grow extremely wild.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I love the dialogue in this comic. "...and later he drowned" tells us, in very few words, that this emperor was badass enough to survive being thrown through a mountain, but not badass enough to survive landing in the sea, likely miles from land.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Warden posted:

The Patreon preview version of the comic had slightly different dialogue, and ended with "And now... the same has happened to me".

Pretty obvious why it was changed, since the subtext is clear enough.

Yeah it's much better this way

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

There Bias Two posted:

So far the trend seems to be that Royalty involves cutting your hair very short or letting it grow extremely wild.

Royalty isn't about middle grounds.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

A continuous cutting, or not cutting, motion.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Wait, is Solomon David awesome now? Is that allowed?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know Dave was always a big dude but it seems like his defeat/new life being a hermit has made him get even bigger. I know (on second glance) that it's just a perspective trick but when I first saw it all I could think was "goddamn those fish must be nutritious as gently caress"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

He did start throwing bodies into trees minus the key, so bulking season was pretty intense lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I bet he remembers the story of every single world he conquered, which is interesting, though not surprising

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Wait, is Solomon David awesome now? Is that allowed?

if mottom could get there then he sure could too

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
With the height difference and perspective, and the way they're seated, this looks like a dad telling his bored daughter old stories.

Since I doubt he'll actually go back to fight, I wonder if Dave will get over one of his biggest hang-ups and finally teach Ki-Rata to White Chain (even if just some basics).

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
White Chain doesn't need Ki-Rata. She punched so hard she became flesh, that is way cooler. Besides that, Ki-Rata didn't help defeat Jaggs. I would say that nobody needs Ki-Rata. Let that stuff die with Dave, just like his empire.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

I love the dialogue in this comic. "...and later he drowned" tells us, in very few words, that this emperor was badass enough to survive being thrown through a mountain, but not badass enough to survive landing in the sea, likely miles from land.

The reading I get from "and later he drowned" is that it took him some time to drown after being thrown through a mountain and into the sea. That says something about his fortitude, to me at least.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Counterpoint: Ki Rata is the only thing that's even managed to stall Jagg without multiple Demiurges, it's useful

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

White Chain did something that SD could not, which is punch something so hard it created a new human

I don't think she'll learn Ki Rata, but I think with Dave's help she'll learn a martial art that can create as well as destroy

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: goddamn those fish must be nutritious as gently caress

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The whole reason she's there is because Allison reckons a Ki Rata expert will come in handy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xand_Man posted:

White Chain did something that SD could not, which is punch something so hard it created a new human

I don't think she'll learn Ki Rata, but I think with Dave's help she'll learn a martial art that can create as well as destroy

public knowledge is that nobody whatsoever knows the Black Art of creation, so I expect it to be relevant

Metatron can possibly use it, Zoss could conceivably figure it out, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final climax is Allison using it to break the Wheel

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I appreciate how WC has been stoically holding on to the power of a demiurge, but makes it clear why she chose to track down Dave the moment she finds him. That's a lot of characterization in just a handful of words.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TwoPair posted:

I know Dave was always a big dude but it seems like his defeat/new life being a hermit has made him get even bigger. I know (on second glance) that it's just a perspective trick but when I first saw it all I could think was "goddamn those fish must be nutritious as gently caress"

For the first time in millennia he is free of his cage and able to grow as a man.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
also didn't salami dave used to be bald?

that's totally a comb-around beard, isn't it

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Scallop Eyes posted:

Since I doubt he'll actually go back to fight, I wonder if Dave will get over one of his biggest hang-ups and finally teach Ki-Rata to White Chain (even if just some basics).

If this was a much lesser story/movie/comic, Dave and everyone else would decline to help then he and all the rest of Allison's friends, rivals, and past foes would show up at the zero hour when all seems lost to help save the day.

This being KSBD, I do not expect this to happen in the slightest.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Google Jeb Bush posted:

public knowledge is that nobody whatsoever knows the Black Art of creation, so I expect it to be relevant

Metatron can possibly use it, Zoss could conceivably figure it out, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final climax is Allison using it to break the Wheel

Isn't it more that nobody bothers with it enough to get really good at it, since it's much easier to turn whatever happens to be around into whatever you want (cf Allison manifesting an apple out of thin air) than to create matter totally ex nihilo

I think that was more a flavor detail to suggest the priorities and general state of stagnation in Throne than something immediately relevant now, the whole conflict that there's nothing you can create that someone else cannot come along and destroy gets kinda lame if the solution is "what if you just got magically good at creating tho"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 14, 2023

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

the holy poopacy posted:

also didn't salami dave used to be bald?

that's totally a comb-around beard, isn't it

I mean yeah but I guess he could've just been shaving his head the whole time. But even if he wasn't, maybe he just decided he wanted a beard and use ancient forbidden Ki Rata technique to force hair growth.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Isn't it more that nobody bothers with it enough to get really good at it, since it's much easier to turn whatever happens to be around into whatever you want (cf Allison manifesting an apple out of thin air) than to create matter totally ex nihilo

I think that was more a flavor detail to suggest the priorities and general state of stagnation in Throne than something immediately relevant now, the whole conflict that there's nothing you can create that someone else cannot come along and destroy gets kinda lame if the solution is "what if you just got magically good at creating tho"

Conceivably, but I think it still holds up with "what if nobody can do the Black Art because it requires an entirely different mindset from Red or White"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Amazing. He finally managed to pull that rod out of his rear end.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

oh yeah also Himself can probably do Black Art things but not so much because he's good at the art, more because as far as hes concerned physics and metaphysics are nonbinding suggestions

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

White Chain doesn't necessarily need Ki Rata, but she does need someone to teach her how to use the key, and fast.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What she needs is affirmation that using the key won't make her a bad person.

Like the keys don't take any training to use, they're as intuitive as "don't think, do".

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 14, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

What she needs is affirmation that using the key won't make her a bad person.

Like the keys don't take any training to use, they're as intuitive as "don't think, do".

I think this is more or less it. She can use the key if she wants, but she desperately does not want to and even the temptation of having the option to use it is driving her nuts.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fister Roboto posted:

Amazing. He finally managed to pull that rod out of his rear end.

And reel by the look of it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

wiegieman posted:

White Chain doesn't necessarily need Ki Rata, but she does need someone to teach her how to use the key, and fast.

She did figure out the rudiments of it during her punch into flesh move, its why Salami got his grin going during that climactic showdiwn

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, do the keys even do anything, other than open gates?

Like, seriously, over the course of this comic, have we actually seen someone do something with a key that they couldn't have done without a key?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, do the keys even do anything, other than open gates?

Like, seriously, over the course of this comic, have we actually seen someone do something with a key that they couldn't have done without a key?
I think the keys aren't so much a magic feather as they are... training wheels? A Key of Kings doesn't let you do things you couldn't, but it sure as gently caress makes it easier.

Which, in this extended metaphor, means that part of the reason the other demiurges will never be true Royalty is that they're too afraid of falling over to ever ride free. And White Chain has spent her entire life being taught the only true path is rollerblading and that bicycles bring nothing but ruin, so of course she's not happy about being forcibly given training wheels for a bike she didn't want.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 14, 2023

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The keys grant you supernatural power, but they don't make you a better person. You just do stupid things faster with more energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

girl dick energy posted:

I think the keys aren't so much a magic feather as they are... training wheels? A Key of Kings doesn't let you do things you couldn't, but it sure as gently caress makes it easier.

Which, in this extended metaphor, means that part of the reason the other demiurges will never be true Royalty is that they're too afraid of falling over to ever ride free. And White Chain has spent her entire life being taught the only true path is rollerblading and that bicycles bring nothing but ruin, so of course she's not happy about being forcibly given training wheels for a bike she didn't want.

Keys give you a sick halo and a cool moniker. Royalty is all about the swag.