Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

This is what it should look like.

You've gotta be shoulding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steinrokkan posted:

This is what it should look like.

wanna eat that pizz

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
There's sauce under there, right? It's not just a dry crust?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Mortadella and burrata is a not-uncommon combination on pizza. I've never seen it with more sauce than olive oil though

It's really good

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Pep and pineapple :swoon:

The perfect salty/sweet combo, especially in a thin/crisp crust. Especially if the edges of the pepperoni are charred just a bit

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

its all nice on rice posted:

There's sauce under there, right? It's not just a dry crust?

As far as I can tell, no. I guess they thought all that cum would make it wet enough?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was really against the pineapple on pizza thing and I want to say I tried it as a kid and was put off. But I'm an adult now and a few years ago I went into my now-favorite taqueria to have my first ever al pastor burrito. I didn't know what it was but when I got to the place I saw the giant vertical spit with a pineapple on top and it started making sense. They'd always ask if I wanted some of that pineapple in my burrito and I always turned it down but went with it one day and I love it.

Sometimes I get the jalapeno pineapple chicken from Dominoes.

So what I'm saying is I kinda get it now. :)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/sa_da_tay/status/1712226797692268937

I was told to bring this excitement here for everyone to enjoy. Ostensibly from Portland.

someone had the liquid shits on that pizza

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like pineapple, jalapenos, and ham. It's a very nice combo.

The big challenge with pineapple on pizza is that it can be too watery and might ruin the whole pizza. I roast or sear the pineapple first which works pretty well.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I used to never eat mushrooms but now I have them I lieu of water

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DikW6ZZ1zOc

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The title says /worst/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

VictualSquid posted:

I remember a place that served peperoni pizza in Munich. Worst pizza I have ever actually eaten. The place also was a grimy streetfacing standing room only operation with very odd decoration choices. And they charges 25% more then the other street facing pizza place next door. Though when I travelled by 10 years later they had a sign out stating that they hadn't increased prices in 20 years.

A few years ago we went to the Deutsches Panzermuseum in Münster, and on the way back to Bremen we stopped at a pizza place next to the train station to have something to eat. They had a pepperoni pizza on the menu, so I ordered it. It was awful, it wasn't pepperoni, just something like meetwursti with a gallon of grease. It also took roughly 30 minutes to arrive, which may be explained by the only employee at the extremely dodgy pizza place being a ~70 year old man. My then girlfriend's pizza took so long to arrive that she basically had to carry it on the train and eat it there. It was also awful.

So don't eat pepperoni pizza at the pizza place at the Münster train station I guess.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

The title says /worst/

Who wants a pizza covered in fur?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Extra Large Marge posted:

I like pineapple, jalapenos, and ham. It's a very nice combo.

The big challenge with pineapple on pizza is that it can be too watery and might ruin the whole pizza. I roast or sear the pineapple first which works pretty well.

this can definitely be a problem, especially if you're using canned. i prefer fresh pineapple and i put all the pieces inside some paper towels and wring out the excess moisture

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pretty much my problem with making pickle pizzas. Gotta slice em suuuuper thin, otherwise it makes the whole pizza too wet

Same deal with mushrooms

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Data Graham posted:

Pretty much my problem with making pickle pizzas. Gotta slice em suuuuper thin, otherwise it makes the whole pizza too wet

Same deal with mushrooms

When I put mushrooms on a pizza I tend to give the slices a quick bake on their own before putting them on the pizza, just to dry them up a little.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PurpleXVI posted:

When I put mushrooms on a pizza I tend to give the slices a quick bake on their own before putting them on the pizza, just to dry them up a little.

I've done that before and it's way better than trying to sop up the pool of water from the pizza afterwards. I always wondered if pizza shops have to do something like that, or if actual pizza ovens are just hot enough to steam it off.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Upsidads posted:

I used to never eat mushrooms but now I have them I lieu of water

Stop tripping fool.

Actually, whatever you do you. Shine on you crazy diamond.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The spiciest pizza: “Loaded gun found in pizza box during traffic stop in California, police say”

https://news.yahoo.com/loaded-gun-found-pizza-box-022859934.html

I wasn't exactly surprised it was bako, but I did laugh

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Captain Hygiene posted:

Who wants a pizza covered in fur?

Post/username combo fr

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've done that before and it's way better than trying to sop up the pool of water from the pizza afterwards. I always wondered if pizza shops have to do something like that, or if actual pizza ovens are just hot enough to steam it off.

A little bit of column B, but also it feels like most pizza places around here have the mushrooms chopped at the start of the day and just use them straight from a big bowl, which probably means they give off a decent bit of moisture in the warm kitchen during the day, while if you chop some mushrooms they probably go on the pizza minutes later at best and your kitchen is probably cooler than most pizzarias.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I have a feeling that the speed with which a professionally made pizza is cooked, is the key to stopping the mushrooms collapsing.
If you cook mushrooms hot and fast enough, they can get nicely browned before the internal structure collapses and the water leaks out

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also just slicing them super thin with a mandoline or other pro tool will make sure they dry up real quick in the oven. I know most pizza places that do them juuuuust-so aren't pre-baking them or anything.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Or just using the canned poo poo.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
i put sliced mushrooms on a paper towel and stick em in the microwave for like 45 seconds... drives off a ton of moisture before you finish cooking as part of whatever dish you're making

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was really against the pineapple on pizza thing and I want to say I tried it as a kid and was put off. But I'm an adult now and a few years ago I went into my now-favorite taqueria to have my first ever al pastor burrito. I didn't know what it was but when I got to the place I saw the giant vertical spit with a pineapple on top and it started making sense. They'd always ask if I wanted some of that pineapple in my burrito and I always turned it down but went with it one day and I love it.

Sometimes I get the jalapeno pineapple chicken from Dominoes.

So what I'm saying is I kinda get it now. :)

pineapple and yellow or white onion. That's the combo we want. Cheese on top of the ingredients. Thas' the 'za.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://x.com/LasVegasFill/status/1504536326158184448?s=20

Thats a pretty good twitter account btw if you're interested at all in food in Vegas

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
That's not "rolled up" or "stuffed" with anything. It's a big pile of poo poo! :mad:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Dokapon Findom posted:

That's not "rolled up" or "stuffed" with anything. It's a big pile of poo poo! :mad:

I sigh as I roll out "turn on your monitor"

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
How are you supposed to eat that pile of garbage? Is the pizza even meant to be consumed? Is the entire thing just designed for a cRaZy instagram photo, a few token bites, then straight into the trash?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

david_a posted:

How are you supposed to eat that pile of garbage? Is the pizza even meant to be consumed? Is the entire thing just designed for a cRaZy instagram photo, a few token bites, then straight into the trash?

The fact that it is in Vegas definitely makes me think that it is just for posting.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They always go too much with the sauce. It was somewhat okay until they just kept going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcFNW37rBQ

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Cats are indeed not dogs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Never serve pizza on a cone.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've had a pizza crepe in a cone. Once. It was delicious and I managed to finish it (with the help of several napkins), but it may be the worst possible form factor for pizza eating.

Bottom 5, anyway, I've read this thread from start to finish.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Tony's frozen pizza

[APPLAUSE]

JAnon fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 17, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Update from a month ago:

Dokapon Findom posted:

Castelvatranos are the best olive with pit. Blue cheese is the best olive filling, the ones with almonds are good though. Sometimes a classic pimento is all you need but I've noticed a marked decline in the quality of basic olives in the last several years

FFT posted:

I would submit Cerignola olives as a contender. Not sure I've had any Castelvatranos, though, tbf
I got a jar of Castelvatranos. I'd say they're easily on-par with Cerignolas as "best olives".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Castlevania olives