Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

moths posted:

Unban Al-Saqr, make him unbannable, give him buttons, and send him into D&D.

its what they deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol saqr as head dnd mod

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FirstnameLastname posted:

when they're at altitude they're p. safe under power failure because of autorotation, helicopters are kinda like gliders that use rotational lift if they have altitude/speed bc they can angle the rotor blades and use the airflow spinning them to arrest the fall and find a spot to land smoothly

but if the tail rotor stops spinning you're dead right? how does it maintain rotational stability in that scenario?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FirstnameLastname posted:

when they're at altitude they're p. safe under power failure because of autorotation, helicopters are kinda like gliders that use rotational lift if they have altitude/speed bc they can angle the rotor blades and use the airflow spinning them to arrest the fall and find a spot to land smoothly

it's takeoff and landing that are really dangerous, otherwise usually helicopter crashes are from weather (kobe's was weather afaik ) or dangerous flying and locations (police choppers, military, coastguard, skiiers on mountaintops and poo poo)

but if the engine shits out at like 75ft you're dead, ill never get on one lol
i'm scheduled to get on a helicopter for some geologic and landslide reconnaissance in a few months... :rip:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

i'm scheduled to get on a helicopter for some geologic and landslide reconnaissance in a few months... :rip:

i didn't realize they told you about the earthquake machine with that much advance

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

https://x.com/sharifkouddous/status/1712865803182243857?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Palestinian Health Ministry says Israel used white phosphorous on a children's hospital.

White phosphorous.

On a children's hospital.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

After a cursory internet check on this, the story is being reported on various arab, non-western and russian media sources, but not the ~*-official sources -*~ that only tell the truth, yet.

Also there seems to be a Palestinian Ministry of Health and a Palestinian Ministry of Health of the Gaza Strip, which, according to wikipedia is hamas affiliated.

So the most charitable interpretation of this shockingly racist moderation by Koos Group is that Hamas-affiliated sources are automatically nonexistent (much like the people of Palestine, no doubt), while IDF-affiliated sources are real.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1712939107691676036

We're doing the 2001 thing all over again.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Thoguh posted:

Yeah I don’t expect WW3, only things that could actually kick that off would be Russia invading a NATO country or China invading a US ally in SE Asia. We’re just gonna enter a phase of a lot of small not directly connected regional conflicts as US power continues to fade.

Yeah, pain is coming for much of the world. Accelerating climate collapse + regional conflicts + ring-wing populism.

Enjoy what you can while you can.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

drone that poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

"why are people calling this a genocide??" israelis btfo by based granpappy arabslayer

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

webcams for christ posted:

claim ""without source"" lmao

wild for a D&D mod to do that. Maybe they will probe all the people in the D&D thread who were posting baselessly about 40 babies with severed heads?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1712911792106602608

Mainstream western press knows even they can't cover for Israel

oh they clearly still are. the bombing was reported first. then they mention the IOF telling people move south later, as a separate and unconnected bit of information.

Griz
May 21, 2001

i say swears online posted:

but if the tail rotor stops spinning you're dead right? how does it maintain rotational stability in that scenario?

if the tail rotor stops working then you cut the engine and autorotate (assuming you had sufficient altitude and airspeed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorotation

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

RC Cola posted:

wild for a D&D mod to do that. Maybe they will probe all the people in the D&D thread who were posting baselessly about 40 babies with severed heads?

Denying war crimes. User loses posting privileges for 24 hours

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RC Cola posted:

sounds like a good idea to me op

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao they're substituting menendez's daughter for velshi:

quote:

Two network sources with knowledge of the plans told Semafor that the network also plans to have Alicia Menendez fill in this upcoming weekend for Ali Velshi, a third Muslim-American host who on Sunday interviewed a spokesman for the Palestinian Authority.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
Libs love to laugh at Bush being dumb or get outraged at Trump being beyond the pale but when push comes to shove you know who's side they're going to be on.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Unsurprisingly the MSNBC slack has a familiar vibe

quote:

After an NBC editorial employee asked about whether the network should discuss the historical context of the conflict, a colleague from the company’s tech team jumped into the comments.

“Context? For burning babies in their beds? This is just about evil acts done by evil people for evil reasons,” the NBCU tech employee said. “Moral clarity.”

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Griz posted:

if the tail rotor stops working then you cut the engine and autorotate (assuming you had sufficient altitude and airspeed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorotation

physics is hosed up

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Atrocious Joe posted:

history? this conflict is about feels and vibes

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

if the airspeed is high enough the air flowing over the fuselage will keep the aircraft facing one direction and you can also still try to land without a tailrotor, and if high enough even with a main rotor that no longer has power

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

physics is hosed up

look up vortex ring state

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

islamaphobia is back baby it's good again awooooooo (freedom howl)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Any attempts at truth or nuance will be punished severely.

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 22:48 on Oct 13, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Israels fanciest lads are ready to fight

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Nonsense posted:

Zionists run every facet of society.

Makes me think the insane and immediate push at every level for the current narrative, must be loving catnip to "jews control the world" types, christ.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Disrupting Palestinian villages

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

mags posted:

history? this conflict is about feels and vibes

This is the first draft- don't worry they'll frame it a little more elegantly in the next existential conflict.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Yeah Ukraine is completely hosed

It's Biden's war so the GOP will make him eat poo poo on it, there's no way they'll approve funding for both if they know Biden is feeling pressure to divert to Israel, it gives them an opportunity to make him look weak on ukraine while also irritating the far left into staying home over Palestine

just stay tuned to whatever the Ukrainian version of isis comes out of all this

https://twitter.com/AIPAC/status/1712912137046147210?t=UhqjFrdg8xO36Gepamy_kw&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Oct 13, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Oct 14, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cuttlefush posted:

look up vortex ring state

too dumb for this, sorry

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Hell yeah gonna get some freedom fries

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

too dumb for this, sorry

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RealityWarCriminal posted:

too dumb for this, sorry

-every helicopter pilot ever

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

i'm sure they'll have a steady trigger finger under fire

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.
somehow I am still here, I am either invincible and blessed by Jeff or koos is sated on the blood of a slower fool

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Did 1300 israeli civilians really die in the initial attack? Or is this another 40 decapitated babies situation?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Thoguh posted:

A bunch of unrelated wars between two countries is a completely different dynamic than two world spanning power blocs facing off.

no u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

it's like a car coasting down a hill, the potential energy from gravity turning into kinetic energy externally powers the vehicle thru the drive shaft and keeps the tail rotor and the oil pumps and alternators and stuff that would normally be relying on internal combustion running

Only registered members can see post attachments!