Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Majorian posted:

lmfao this got three days immediately off of a 1-day probe, and the post it was responding to got nothing.

Don't post in DnD ever, folks. Learn from my mistake.

are you gonna learn from your mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
No, I'm saying the for whatever reason after becoming President he became significantly more pro peace, say a combination of his age and dead son.

What are his actual options to mitigate the insane bloodlust?

I think empty speeches and carrier groups (worthless in this situation) are about the best you could do.

And look at most of the senate by comparison before saying his speeches aren't hollow. His rhetoric is much less blood thirsty. Bush or Trump would have both already bombed Iran.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

lmfao this got three days immediately off of a 1-day probe, and the post it was responding to got nothing.

Don't post in DnD ever, folks. Learn from my mistake.

You're gonna get rule 1.D'd.....

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

BillsPhoenix posted:

This is roughly what I'm going for, except pretend Biden is truly working for peace, surrounded by all this.

Sending carrier groups seems to be one of the most effective ways to not really do anything.

for the love of all that is good, don't vote for Biden

well he isn't working for peace

as for the spoilered part, lol if you think voting matters

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
IK link break. Journalism from a reputable source but embedded video still shows some nws (visible bodies, blood)

https://twitter .com/AJEnglish/status/1712907775301365989

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Oct 14, 2023

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
lol at the demon cracker forum

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Atrocious Joe posted:

DAY OF JIHAD UPDATE: Violent terrorists take hundreds of Jews hostage
https://twitter.com/jvpliveNY/status/1713000861637755127

Weird how quick Schumer moves when he's mildly inconvenienced

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

BillsPhoenix posted:

No, I'm saying the for whatever reason after becoming President he became significantly more pro peace, say a combination of his age and dead son.

What are his actual options to mitigate the insane bloodlust?

I think empty speeches and carrier groups (worthless in this situation) are about the best you could do.

And look at most of the senate by comparison before saying his speeches aren't hollow. His rhetoric is much less blood thirsty. Bush or Trump would have both already bombed Iran.

lmao they love the "biden is powerless as president" which owns after the four years of "trump must be defeated he's too powerful!"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

doesn't need the question mark

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

owns

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

You're gonna get rule 1.D'd.....

I've said my peace.:colbert:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dixon Chisholm posted:

go ahead and draft me bitch ill post from the peoples republic of china

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BUUNNI posted:

lol at the demon cracker forum

lol at D&D consistently pwning cspam.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

don't post these videos here dumbass

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This conflict is bringing all the motherfuckers out of the woodwork:

https://www.politico.eu/article/henry-kissinger-germany-let-in-way-too-many-foreigners/

A ghoul party. Appropriate that this is happening in October.

thinking about this right now

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Do not mess with the Zionist lobby

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1713001313485684959

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

antipattern posted:

well he isn't working for peace

as for the spoilered part, lol if you think voting matters

I think I'm more thinking about what anyone could do as president in this situation given the powers structure around them rather then Biden, who's track record is real bad, is doing it.

I wish I believed voting mattered.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Martian Manfucker posted:

https://twitter.com/BayanPalestine/status/1712823239087476751

"I am Bayan, I lived for 27 years in my beautiful city of Gaza, and today may be my last day here.
My family and I will not repeat the mistake of the Nakba of 1948, and we will not leave our home towards the south.
We are all proud of our Palestinianness until our last breath.
I do not forgive the world from East to West for what will happen to us, and I hope our pictures will haunt you until the end of your life.
"#غزة

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
24 hours is up soon

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Honestly, I think even if the US wanted Israel to walk back a bit and "just" smash Gaza from the air for another week or so, I don't think that is going to be enough for Bibi. His popularity was heavily waning before this, and now it is plummeting. There is no way Likud could win another election.

He is "in it to win it" and he has promised Gaza to his hard - line backers. I think parts of the US apparatus are realizing how much of a catastrophe this is becoming and how much ground the US is losing in the Middle East, but they can't pull back on the leash at this point.

I do think the IDF's general staff has been desperately trying to delay a ground offensive for as long as possible (we will see what happens) because they know their forces are not prepared for it. But I think this thread knows it is going to get bad.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHgZdCJOUAk

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

blessed

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

"for 20 years"

gently caress

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

death to the dog al kus. long live sheikh al saqr

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023

err posted:

24 hours is up soon

This was just an empty number if they've already been bombing it for a few days straight?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

Israel put out an ad on YouTube with unicorns and rainbows saying 40 babies were murdered

I got this ad i. The wild this afternoon, it also calls Hamas ISIS. gently caress Israel. DTI DTA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jesus Christ, D&D is turned into the most insane sub forum.

I mean just looking at every post in the IP thread over there and 95% of the posters are on 24-hour probations for every post that's made.

I wonder if that forum has completely just devolved into The only people that don't get probated are people's friends because the rules are so stringent that nobody can get off of that being probed.

IT feels weird to be one of the guys you all laugh at for being pro-Ukraine and also pro Palestine.

Honestly, this is the only place I can post about IP and even read it. They shut down the GBS thread in like 5 minutes and the D&D thread is unreadable due to the fact that everyone gets probed the second they make a post. So in a sense everyone has to do war crime Gigolo level posts where they just fire off the hottest post that they possibly can knowing that they won't be able to make another one for a future determined amount of time.

I may not agree with some of you on other views, but this specific conflict is pretty clear and obvious who the genociders are.

It's absolutely insane, I can't read Instagram, Facebook or anything without seeing some horrific people praising this. People saying oh yeah, it's just like Iraq. I mean, does anyone realize that just like Iraq is not a good thing?????

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

VoicesCanBe posted:

Palestine will win. Palestine will be free.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

DAY OF JIHAD UPDATE: Violent terrorists take hundreds of Jews hostage
https://twitter.com/jvpliveNY/status/1713000861637755127

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1712969808277348379

does he not care? :(

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Oct 14, 2023

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

advertisers are coming back to twitter

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

advertisers are coming back to twitter

Yes, the IDF sure did those things.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

DickParasite posted:

Is the majority of the IDF made up of conscrpits? If so I would bet money your average Hamas fighter is more capable in battle than your average IDF solider.

Even if not, they are fascists and fascists are by nature terrible at actual war. War consists of more than just inflicting death, pain, and terror and, sadly for them, inflicting death, pain, and terror are the only things fascists are good at. They are bullies and cowards and, as we have seen over the last few days in Israel and over decades with the pigs here in the US, when a fascist is confronted with a fight that is not overwhelmingly in their favor they tend to at best get their rear end kicked, and more often than not simply seek to flee or otherwise avoid the fight. Consider how the pigs dealt with Uvalde and how they deal with protestors.

The IDF has basically always been a paper tiger of sorts because pretty much any fighting force will look amazing when the bulk of its engagements are against starving, desperate, civvies.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Sherbert Hoover posted:

the world is already collapsing, it just hasn't hit your neighborhood yet

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson believes "Hamas is counting on Israel to overreact, cause civilian casualties, cause the death of innocent Palestinians and cause the Arab world to pull back from Israel despite the fact that they’ve been on a course of normalization now in the region."

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1713003210858811567?s=20

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
For Arab Eyes Only