Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Zoeb posted:

I don't really have an opinion about DnD vs here but I'm worried about getting banned for an honest mistake or misunderstanding. Looking at DnD, they are real strict and I see people banned in the I vs P thread for things I would have been surprised to be banned by. Is DnD the subforum for people who are more conservative?

If you post in D&D you have to follow strict posting rules set up to ensure that nobody can effectively challenge the status quo, because the people there don't want to feel uncomfortable about the world or their place in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

"Obviously, we would never want to hit or kill or shoot any journalist that is doing its job"

Erdan added "Of course the employee handbook states that you're not on the clock until you reach the work site"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

VoicesCanBe posted:

These people are heroes. No one in the West could even imagine this level of bravery.

I know my words are powerless here but I don't want them to go down as martyrs. I want them to be victorious. Total, uncritical support to all Palestinians.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Voice of Labor posted:

settled, babies were tank commanders and subsequently armed combatants

garth.

e: gartheh

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Dixon Chisholm posted:

go ahead and draft me bitch ill post from jail

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think western governments are vastly overestimating how popular assisting Israel with its crimes are. There's a Chiefs forum I've been going to for like two decades and they spun off all politics chat to a quarantine zone (because the mods got tired of every game day thread bickering about barsack o'crumbo) which I usually ignore but was morbidly curious about what they say in their I/P thread. The first response to the OP was a post that basically said "Well, what the gently caress did Israel expect? You can't push people around like that and keep them imprisoned and not expect them to fight back" and about half the posters agree with that, and it's a very chuddy politics zone and largely midwestern. They're the people who would have been 100% on board with invading Iraq. Also I was talking with my coworker who is definitely like a normie centrist kind of guy, his wife is a Jewish convert with friends in Israel. He gave the boilerplate "Israel has a right to defend itself" thing but definitely was sympathetic to Palestinians and is not on board at all with how Israel is handling this and absolutely does not the US getting involved in like a war war. I know this is all anecdotal but I think the failures of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have really taken the appetite for war out of a lot of americans. There will of course be support for all kinds of bloodthirsty poo poo but I think the lizards who run western media and government have no idea how unpopular this is going to get and how mad people are going to be about it especially if Israel starts liquidating Gaza. This isn't going to be like after 9/11 where support for "glassing the middle east' had like nearly universal support. Especially if it starts to widen and drag out beyond a few weeks.

love hearing anecdotes like this. pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The Arab hivemind occupies so much land.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yes
and it's run like a high school debate club, by choice of the people who post in it

This is just my first impression, mind you. I am open to having my mind changed but when I first got here was when the conflict started and it looked like the discussion is very strict there and that it is more conservative. I don't believe I am here to start a fight even if sometimes the news makes me mad or sad and I get emotional. I try to listen to people and treat people fairly and as I would want to be treated. I want the world to be more fair. I want the world to find peaceful common ground and for every nation to follow generally and widely accepted moral standards. I believe laws and economics should benefit the majority of people they apply to rather than respecting the property rights of a few. I don't think any country should be starting wars or invading or colonizing another.

I feel that this is an ongoing conflict that Israel fundamentally started and continues to aggravate to appease a self selected voter base of colonizing religious zealots and racists. People who don't buy into this ideology simply don't move to Israel in the first place.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Hubbert posted:

president xi, you have the opportunity to do the funniest possible thing

send an aircraft carrier to the levant

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zoeb posted:

I don't really have an opinion about DnD vs here but I'm worried about getting banned for an honest mistake or misunderstanding. Looking at DnD, they are real strict and I see people banned in the I vs P thread for things I would have been surprised to be banned by. Is DnD the subforum for people who are more conservative?

D&D is the subforum for people who are more "conservative" in the sense that CSPAM split off from D&D over 2016 putting American liberalism versus American leftism in stark contrast to each other, and the liberals stayed in D&D

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
i believe that we should implement a one-forums solution

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

OctaMurk posted:

i believe that we should implement a one-forums solution

gently caress no

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Zoeb posted:

d&d is run by koos as an experiment to create the calmest hitler

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

VoicesCanBe posted:

Palestine will win. Palestine will be free.

I want to believe. :(

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

to me the clearest marker of the loss of control of the narrative is how panicked a lot of the consent manufacturers sound. post 9/11 there was a lot of “hell yeah let’s smash those ay-rabs.” the tone now is closer to “b-b-but you aren’t one of those ANTISEMITES who wants to DESTROY ALL JEWS, are you?!”

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

gonna need the verrit code for this

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

I've never seen them ratchet down on dissent so hard or manufacture consent on a hamfisted level about on par with the Kaiser's soldiers boiling Belgian babies.

I think there's something approaching panic, but there's not a Middle-Eastern desk here, so I can't get the hot gossip. I'm assuming things went way, way worse for the IDF than we've heard yet and DC is freaking the gently caress out about lost deterrence.

Remember that Israel didn't publish casualties from the October War until weeks later.

mila kunis posted:

There's been plenty of demonstrations, but also they're cracking down on them in the west. France just instituted a ban on support for Palestine. People are being doxxed and extremely powerful people are gloating openly about ruining people's livelihoods for speaking up. It's a pretty big escalation but also refreshing in a way that the masks are off and they're finally being honest that you should watch what you say openly, or you'll get got.

yeah whatever is going on is moving fast, maybe the west is waking up to the fact that it is, in fact, losing ww3

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

atelier morgan posted:

Dr. YaKoos

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

jamestown is the tiny red spot. tell me more about how america is "colonizing" native land

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Centrist Committee posted:

pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sarah Silverman was never funny

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

jamestown is the tiny red spot. tell me more about how america is "colonizing" native land

America coasted off atrocity propaganda from King Phillip's War into the 1900's iirc.

Actually, it might be more relevant than I remembered,

By this they mean, deadliest for America 🥺🎻

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol i was thinking this but couldn't find a good map on google and gave up

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

My neighbor's house is the tiny blue spot on the map

tell me more about how I'm "eating people" in the United States

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

atelier morgan posted:

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

atelier morgan posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

atelier morgan posted:

There are so many now

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

where did she post this? I can't find it

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

mila kunis posted:

if cspam is the genocide denial forum, dnd is the genocide approval forum

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you are posting in D&D, the forum of Shaitan, then you deserve to spend 24 hours burning in the fire of Jahannam.

Should have stayed with the warriors of God gathering in C-SPAM, the posting Lebanon.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Mechafunkzilla posted:

where did she post this? I can't find it

On her IG story. Click her picture in the top left

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Frosted Flake posted:

America coasted off atrocity propaganda from King Phillip's War into the 1900's iirc.

Actually, it might be more relevant than I remembered,

By this they mean, deadliest for America 🥺🎻

I live not too far from Bloody Brook, named because colonizer blood ran so heavy it stained it red. A good visit.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rubellavator posted:

lol i was thinking this but couldn't find a good map on google and gave up

neither could I but I made the image anyway. be strong and post

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Finding a good world map on google is a struggle for real.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uncle Wemus posted:

idk dude that is an incredibly funny take

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not even exaggerating he just outright said it in a SAD thread

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

atelier morgan posted:

The project is getting too close to success.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ardennes posted:

It is impressive how passive if not invisible the PA/Fatah is, just absolutely nothing.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Zoeb posted:

I guess the entire point is to have the fewest number of ppl posting because then they have to work less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

fits my needs posted:

wish al-saqr was free, so he could write a banger angry post about the cucked arab leaders or something