Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Guys take the Israel stuff to CSPAM or DND please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

/Gets bombed on the way there

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Same I breathe any 2stroke I’m done for a few hours. Just full blown allergy attack to where my nose is pouring and my eyes swell up to slits

Me, riding my almost 30 year old 2-stroke 125 all weekend leaving a trail of smoke in my wake

:madmax:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve gotten pretty good at making espresso martinis. Used frozen coffee ice cubes in the shaker this time and 🤌🏽

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

In college we had an old dryer that died and our landlord told us to just get rid of it so he could bring a new one, but we decided carrying it out of the basement through some winding stairs was too difficult and tight a fit, so we just took to it with sledgehammers until it was easy to remove. Not a smart or efficient method, but very, very satisfying!

Likewise, in college I broke down a couch with a chainsaw because it wouldn't fit through the door (even though we got it in somehow?)

It was very satisfying.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rectal Placenta posted:

Likewise, in college I broke down a couch with a chainsaw because it wouldn't fit through the door (even though we got it in somehow?)

It was very satisfying.

That reminds me of when I was in Chicago and bought a new couch. It wouldn’t fit up the stairwell so they cut the thing in half and reassembled it in my apartment. You couldn’t tell at all

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Makita it is then. My ryobi stuff is good enough for personal use since I maybe use them 4/5 times a month but I use my chainsaw a TON lately due to the weather and wind, and it’s definitely dying. Gets stuck much easier, battery dying. I think next yard stuff will be the Makita 10 inch chainsaw and the 459 blower. Thanks!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nodoze posted:

I'd sooner autoban than post in either place

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dog Mountain was very pretty, and it was definitely real stick-kicker.

Now for pizza & beer. Will post pics later.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We’re watching Seven and my new headcanon is that Seven takes place in Gotham city and it’s what the GPD are doing while Batman is off fighting Joker or whoever

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Gonna make beef stew for a soup party a friend is having tomorrow. Also got pork shoulder to make carnitas for my girlfriend who's going elsewhere tomorrow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Dog Mountain was very pretty, and it was definitely real stick-kicker.

That's gorgeous. Makes me think of when I climbed Mt. Whitney back as a kid.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

We’re watching Seven and my new headcanon is that Seven takes place in Gotham city and it’s what the GPD are doing while Batman is off fighting Joker or whoever

Se7en is like the perfect loving movie and I can watch it over and over and be just as engrossed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had good stuff happen work wise this week - sat my boss down and told him my role needed to change within the month or I'd be resigning. Got my way. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and think I had the first good nights sleep I've had in months afterward.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Se7en is one of my favorite DVD purchases as the director's commentary is David Fincher just gushing over how well they were able to get the blacks… black.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Se7en is like the perfect loving movie and I can watch it over and over and be just as engrossed.

It’s the first time my gf has seen it and she’s said “what the gently caress” approximately 7000 times

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am not much of a horror/thriller person but I do like Se7en. The atmosphere of it resonates with me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What’s in the boooooox

Jesus even when you know it’s coming it still hits like a ton of bricks

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Gonna make beef stew for a soup party a friend is having tomorrow. Also got pork shoulder to make carnitas for my girlfriend who's going elsewhere tomorrow.

What the hell, I want to be invited to a soup party.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Borderlands 2 had a Se7en Easter egg. In one of the desert zones you could open a random box and find a gun called Gwen’s Head

https://imgur.com/a/jmbkBoR

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What’s it streaming on?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hulu and paramount apparently

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Coincidentally I'm house sitting for a friend and watching their dog and found this with the dog treats

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

Coincidentally I'm house sitting for a friend and watching their dog and found this with the dog treats

Dried bull penises everywhere

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My wife and daughter went out of town so I took my 9 year old son to the store and let him pick out any Nerf gun. Then we came home and set the kitchen\dining\living area up for a war. It was amazing. He told me that was the most fun he's ever had. I'm gassed but so worth it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That is such an incredibly dope idea lol what a cool rear end dad you are

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Just a sanity check here - chat threads been political since day 1.

Why are you suddenly limiting it? Ukraine Russia discussion wasn’t banned. Dem vs Rep isn’t banned. Just seems a bit odd.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Just a sanity check here - chat threads been political since day 1.

Why are you suddenly limiting it? Ukraine Russia discussion wasn’t banned. Dem vs Rep isn’t banned. Just seems a bit odd.

I get not making GBS threads up the thread completely but I agree. It’s the biggest news story going and that’s what this place is for, really. Just chatting.

Maybe because the discourse gets poisonous quickly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ironically I feel like I’m a person who wanted most political stuff to stay out of chat thread just to avoid it tbh but it just strikes me as odd that this specific discussion isn’t allowed. Just want to hear the logic.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
TBF I look at the current I/P thread and yeah, you couldn’t pay me to moderate that poo poo, let alone do it for free

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Braksgirl posted:

What the hell, I want to be invited to a soup party.

I'm not sure where she got the idea but a bunch of us are bringing soups. She made chicken and dumplings and might also make mushroom soup but I'm unsure about the rest. The stew is cooking now and the waiting is the worst part.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

TBF I look at the current I/P thread and yeah, you couldn’t pay me to moderate that poo poo, let alone do it for free

Yeah, I checked in and skimming it for news it's like every other post is from someone who was banned

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yeah, I tried to follow it and....yeah, gently caress that. I also understand not wanting to deal with that, like...as a moderator.

Everyone in my life is googling Phoebe Bridgers, and me, the boygenius fan girl, is not. In the past two days I've learned that she likes to go topless, that she has nice tits (but pretty much the exact ones I thought she would have, so actually seeing photographic evidence of them was anti-climatic), and that she's ambiguously involved with Bo Burnham, who is apparently a comedian my enby coworker has loved for years that I now know exists (they apparently were inspired to google Phoebe because I told them that my ex (who professes to hate to Phoebe Bridgers) and her literal twelve-year old girl child shared the tit information with me).

This is more than I was interested in knowing about Phoebe Bridgers as a person, despite appreciating her as an artist, on her own and especially as a component of boygenius.

Also I got into my first-choice MSW program, so go me!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Assembly Brewing's pizza special was The Wisconsinite: house-made bratwurst, confit garlic, grilled onions, and mushrooms atop a Detroit-style crust (tho all their pizzas are Detroit-style). Side of honey mustard to drizzle on top. This was one of the moments I wish they put cheddar cheese on top.

Oh well I'll just get their regular pizzas next time.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

wandler20 posted:

My wife and daughter went out of town so I took my 9 year old son to the store and let him pick out any Nerf gun. Then we came home and set the kitchen\dining\living area up for a war. It was amazing. He told me that was the most fun he's ever had. I'm gassed but so worth it.

Yeah nerf wars are great, I had to make the kids shields cause I ain’t pulling punches. Think I posted pics earlier in the thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020950&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=4#post531518369

There we go

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 14, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think I’m gonna lose a little bit of weight with this Covid because normally that would spur me to go order a pizza but I have zero desire for food even though I have not lost my sense of taste or smell. Only thing I got down today was a bowl of pho .

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
can i have some pho?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I wish we had figured out safe, targeted gene editing by now so that cilantro could taste like what it's supposed to taste like to me, instead of it just tasting like rancid soap and my dumb genes making me that person who whines about it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I inherited the crap cilantro gene from my dad but I don't outright hate eating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Does it mess with Cumin too? Cause man Cumin and Cilantro are huge with at least 1/4 of all my go to dishes, couldnt imagine food without em