Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Man Thing deck sucked, but this one I found online has been doing well

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (4) Man-Thing
# (5) Abomination
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhhem1hdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTHVrZUNhZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb2d1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGlnaEV2b2x1dGlvbmFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFuVGhpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFib21pbmF0aW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Opopanax posted:

My Man Thing deck sucked, but this one I found online has been doing well

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (4) Man-Thing
# (5) Abomination
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhhem1hdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTHVrZUNhZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb2d1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGlnaEV2b2x1dGlvbmFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFuVGhpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFib21pbmF0aW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Played a round of conquest with this list against Shuri Nimrod and Man-Thing caused several 0-power Venoms over the course of the match. A+

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I was playing with that list on infinite ladder and managed to lose about 300 SP. But I did finally win four games.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Jeff showed up on my Token rotation and I still have the 3000 Tokens from getting to 500 + some others I got before I got to the “hold for credit cap” point. I assume that’s a good idea to pin him til I can grab him?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

He's widely considered one of if not the best cards in the game

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Jeff is versatile and can fit into almost any deck, though I get the most use out of him with lockdown and c3. His ability to get around a few locations and prof x is very handy.

I did play him on Prof X at Luke's Bar and he still got booted back to my hand so it works both ways

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I saw some YouTube videos speaking about keeping your infinity splits, but they didn’t go into much detail about why you wouldn’t split them. Does anyone know why you would keep your infinities from splitting?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

obi_ant posted:

I saw some YouTube videos speaking about keeping your infinity splits, but they didn’t go into much detail about why you wouldn’t split them. Does anyone know why you would keep your infinities from splitting?

I'm not sure. If you don't split cards, you'll never get the chance at something like this beautiful split I got on a Dan Hipp Odin after receiving it as a mystery variant tonight. Note, to be able to get the gold finish, or inked/other rare effects, you have to have a certain number of splits already done to a card (it doesn't matter if the splits are on different variants of cards). Even then, it's random.

Gold finish with gold flare. I love it. I think this is only my second gold.

Guess I'll be looking up some Odin decks to play now.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Even if he's not super busted, Loki is the most bitchmade card I think I've ever seen in a game like this.

It's almost literally saying "My deck is designed to be the training-wheels version of your deck. And maybe some other safety stuff"

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Those midnight suns cards are boring as heck

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I like them as an overall aesthetic for a deck but I'm absolutely not buying all the variants to make a deck look coherent. I'm happy with the one doctor strange one, at least

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
I bought Nova and Prof X since they're cards I use at least occasionally and don't have any nice variants for either and don't very much like the basic card

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Reek posted:

Those midnight suns cards are boring as heck

Yeah after the initial "can't afford any of this poo poo" reaction I realized I probably wouldn't have nought any of them since I already had vairants for the ones I liked

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

obi_ant posted:

The only reason I could think of is that maybe they will finally make some different split types so you'd have a chance at getting something other than the lame rainbow foil if you save them till then? Who knows when they'll get around to that though.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Promoting gray border cards to green is the most efficient use of your credits so I have no idea why you wouldn't want to split your cards.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They definitely need more splits. Outside of Ink and Gold they all look so similar I couldn’t tell you what I have, or muster the energy to care

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I foil all my variants for posturing, less so for aesthetic

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 14, 2023

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
The Dr Doom one is good, but Doom already has at least two S-tier variants and I've got the better one of those so yeah

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hipp Shanna yesterday and Taco Bell MODOK today. I'm having a good run with the random variants.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Who should I look for in the Free Series 3 per season thing besides Luke Cage? Is like Doom worth going for if I have Patriot?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Doom is probably the best 6 drop in the game. Magneto is a good get even though he's not in the meta currently. Sera is being pushed down by Mobius right now but she'll be back eventually. Cerebro or Mr. Negative if you like to win 8 cubes but then lose those 8 cubes in 8 straight 1 cube losses.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doom is a good one in general. Especially if you are running a Patriot deck or something similar.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Cool. I’m going to keep splitting my infinity cards then.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

obi_ant posted:

Cool. I’m going to keep splitting my infinity cards then.

Yeah there's no reason not to, just some people have started getting very vocal about how background effects ruin the art

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
And you can always run the original while upgrading and splitting.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
I don't support the death penalty but I could be persuaded for people who rope every turn in conquest

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Rope?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Run the timer down to 0 every turn

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Hearthstone has a rope that comes out when you have 20 seconds left on your turn, and it burns down like a cartoon bomb fuse

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lol why are they releasing new pixel cards? Who is asking for this?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's me, I like the pixels.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Be thankful they don't seem to be releasing any more g-angle chibis at least

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Lol why are they releasing new pixel cards? Who is asking for this?
Sickos

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

O have 16 pixels. I don't think I can make a solid deck though.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I wouldn't mind pixel variants if they were at least made by actual pixel artists and not mass produced in some faceless Asian sweatshop to save money.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I would like pixels more if when animated they moved like pixels should instead of wiggle awkwardly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I want someone with more art knowledge to explain why the pixels look so bad. I think it is because they’re not an art style that looks good pixelated and are just generic art run through a pixel filter, but also the resolution/palettes seem wrong somehow

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think they've been caught just taking existing art and putting a bad 8 bit pixel filter over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

icantfindaname posted:

I want someone with more art knowledge to explain why the pixels look so bad. I think it is because they’re not an art style that looks good pixelated and are just generic art run through a pixel filter, but also the resolution/palettes seem wrong somehow

Some look great (Lizard, Shocker, Iron Fist), and some are just abominations that never should have seen the light of day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!