Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
this is out of nowhere but it finally cracked to me that the reason why I don't like "A-Okay" by Tai Verdes is because it's the evil mirror universe version of "Sunday Best" by Surfaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Olivia Rodrigo put an hour long acoustic concert up on her YouTube channel. Think it is all Guts songs, with some talking in between. I have not watched it all yet.

https://youtu.be/0wpdS1II5ZQ?si=QlpoUovogyfusnHm

Edit: All Guts except Traitor.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 12, 2023

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlxC68lKZ3E

Allie X is back

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Who had the most beautiful voice in history, and why was it Karen Carpenter?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

surf rock posted:

Who had the most beautiful voice in history, and why was it Karen Carpenter?

Every once in awhile I think about the untimely death of Eva Cassidy and it pisses me off. You missed, God!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_5rjM10Chs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Went to see the Eras Tour at the cinema last night. Such an amazing show, Taylor is forever queen

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

Went to see the Eras Tour at the cinema last night. Such an amazing show, Taylor is forever queen

Literally just got back from my showing. It was a great experience. Can't wait for it to be streaming/downloadable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Frozen Peach posted:

Literally just got back from my showing. It was a great experience.

:hmmyes: When she got to Karma everyone streamed down to the front of the cinema for a boogie, it ruled

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

:yeah:

I just got home from it. People were singing and dancing in my theater. And the different outfits for all the different eras were incredible.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Eras Tour movie is very good but the crowds are relentless and work is exhausting right now lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Frozen Peach posted:

Literally just got back from my showing. It was a great experience. Can't wait for it to be streaming/downloadable.

Wasn't this supposed to be a only in theater type thing

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Just got back from the Eras Tour film. Very good, got to hear the music a lot better than when we went to the actual show. Loved all the people dancing and singing in the theater. Went to a theater that used to be an Alamo that has the same rules and some dummies complained to staff about people dancing and then left 1/4 of the way through. Can’t imagine being a Taylor Swift fan and being that upset lmao

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Just got back from the Eras Tour film. Very good, got to hear the music a lot better than when we went to the actual show. Loved all the people dancing and singing in the theater. Went to a theater that used to be an Alamo that has the same rules and some dummies complained to staff about people dancing and then left 1/4 of the way through. Can’t imagine being a Taylor Swift fan and being that upset lmao

Yeah, I feel like if you’re going to a concert film, you can expect a different behavior from the audience than if you were going to see another film.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My only real complaint about the film itself is during the folklore section she gives a speech about how she wanted to make fictional characters etc, plays Betty and August, then cuts Cardigan, which was in the live show which makes no sense because it doesn’t complete the narrative

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw it in IMAX and the crowd noise was loving deafening lol

I don't know how she can get up there in front of a sold out stadium full of people like that who are cheering that loudly and do her thing. I mean, the answer is that she's a professional. I never could, though.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I specifically did not do IMAX because I didn’t know how the crowd noise was going to be in the film and my local theater keeps the volume somewhat lower in general. In person at the tour it WAS deafening. I wore foam earplugs and could hear the music great but I took them out briefly and was practically stunned by a wave of cheering and screaming, I don’t know how my gf and our other friends didn’t it without plugs. Taylor probably just had really good monitors.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

They exist. A few of my friends don’t want to go to the theater and would rather wait for a home release since they find partying at a theater annoying. It is what it is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My only real complaint about the film itself is during the folklore section she gives a speech about how she wanted to make fictional characters etc, plays Betty and August, then cuts Cardigan, which was in the live show which makes no sense because it doesn’t complete the narrative

My only real complaint is Speak Now got one song. It's one of her best albums! :argh:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Wasn't this supposed to be a only in theater type thing

I think people are just assuming it will be released eventually, since Reputation tour video was on Netflix.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I took my daughter to it on an IMAX screen on Friday night. It was a great time and the girl next to her gave her five friendship bracelets.

I was a bit of a fish out of water as one of the only dads in the theatre but I was so happy to be with her and get to watch her sing and dance her little heart out. I only got up to dance with her a couple of times since this was her show and I wanted her to be able to girl it up to her hearts content

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Taking my daughter tonight to Alamo! Very excited. Hope she feels comfortable enough to get up and dance!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Work tried to say to put no standing up to dance in the intro speech but nobody was going to listen and none of us wanted to enforce it so we stuck to “please stay away from the stairs while dancing” lol. Nobody has any issue with that especially when you tell them it’s because you don’t want any of them to need 20 stitches in a hotel room

The energy in the sold out shows is amazing, 500 people dancing and screaming and having a great time, but cleaning up afterwards is a loving nightmare tbh. Also I have learned that there is a significant amount of people that somehow don’t think “the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. why? cos she’s dead!” is lame as gently caress

Because of rotas and swaps I have seen the movie literally seven times over three days and while I am getting a bit sick of it I can’t deny it’s a great concert flick. However I have started to notice the continuity errors from when they cut between shots from different nights which is funny.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Escobarbarian posted:

Also I have learned that there is a significant amount of people that somehow don’t think “the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. why? cos she’s dead!” is lame as gently caress

It was lame at the time but it’s come around to being hilarious

edit: this will never happen to ME!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you don't scream cause she's dead at the top of your lungs we revoke your Swiftie ID card :colbert:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

The energy in the sold out shows is amazing, 500 people dancing and screaming and having a great time, but cleaning up afterwards is a loving nightmare tbh.

It was definitely the most trashed I’ve seen a theater afterwards, I felt bad and tipped extra since it was a dine in place.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/IUgHMGb74ZM?si=zUirSi39ZAEiC-uU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Went last night. Alamo Drafthouse in Raleigh. The show was sold out but not a single person standing up to dance or singing out loud. A smattering of claps here and there but... That was it. Still enjoyed it but definitely thought it'd be rowdier.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/popbase/status/1714011320885116955?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Positions was mid but if this whole album is just “break up with your girlfriend, I’m bored” sonically and lyrically I’ll be happy

First single can be called “sorry your husband likes me better”

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

I specifically did not do IMAX because I didn’t know how the crowd noise was going to be in the film and my local theater keeps the volume somewhat lower in general. In person at the tour it WAS deafening. I wore foam earplugs and could hear the music great but I took them out briefly and was practically stunned by a wave of cheering and screaming, I don’t know how my gf and our other friends didn’t it without plugs. Taylor probably just had really good monitors.

I bought some eargasm earplugs for the concert and it was heavenly. The music came in clearly, I could talk with those who I was there with, and also was stunned when I removed them for a second.

I now wear them in the theaters and keep them on me when I think I might need them. Can't recommend these terribly named earplugs enough.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I’ve thought about getting nicer ones but the foamies worked great. I wear them at any show now because basement punk shows hosed my hearing up when I was a teenager and I’d like to not lose anymore of my hearing if possible

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsIcDivsls

I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

The absolute madwoman did the "Caroline Polachek screaming at geese" screech in the middle of a song debut on live TV. *chef's kiss*

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Nestharken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsIcDivsls

I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

The absolute madwoman did the "Caroline Polachek screaming at geese" screech in the middle of a song debut on live TV. *chef's kiss*

I say this from a place of genuine admiration: the backing track on this song reminds me of a more polished version of DistantCry's "worst beat ever created" series on YouTube.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schrute Nation posted:

I bought some eargasm earplugs for the concert and it was heavenly. The music came in clearly, I could talk with those who I was there with, and also was stunned when I removed them for a second.

I now wear them in the theaters and keep them on me when I think I might need them. Can't recommend these terribly named earplugs enough.

Eargasm are great aside from having the most cringeworthy name possible.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
idk where else to post this but what the Rolling Stones have released thus far of their new album - "Angry" is pretty good i think for where they're at

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://youtu.be/kmvi8wsHzDU?si=gwo71kLaGg3IA61Y

Charli hasn’t missed in a while. This is a little low key but I really like it’s vibe

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know if any of y'all were drum and bass fans in the 2000s but this is a loving weird crossover lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbiRjjTWj0

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That actually makes a weird kind of sense as someone who mostly knows Pendulum from Propane Nightmares being a massive hit in the UK at the time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I had no idea Pendulum was an actual band, I assumed it was a dude or two with a computer.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

bob swire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I don't know if any of y'all were drum and bass fans in the 2000s but this is a loving weird crossover lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbiRjjTWj0

Thanks for this. I loved me some Pendulum, especially The Island, and this was a fun crossover.