Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

I remember when Germany wanted to deport Hitler back in the 20s the SDP were the people who opposed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
dtbm

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
SDP should have just dissolved itself out of shame long ago

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Xaris posted:

i know it's been brought up so much, but despite being ran into the ground I still can't get over how absurdly cartoonish the whole ~beheaded babies~ propaganda is. like it's so blatantly over-the-top fake and irrelevant yet people are still seriously debating the merits if it's real or not or if its justified to do an ethnic cleansing against subhuman baby beheaders or not

it genuinely boggles the brain

Especially crazy that it's a Jewish ethnostate perpetuating it. Really guys, you see no problem with justifying ethnic cleansing via claims of ritualistic baby murders supposedly committed by members of that ethnicity? No? Have you maybe failed to think this through?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I get that the answer i'm prob gonna get is ideology but seriously there's got to be something more, how come even apolitical normies who don't watch the news have become crazed bloodthirsty lunatics ? like it was already a shock with the ukr war, but that emotionality could at least be traced to a war on europe's borders

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i always imagined the babies heads were chopped off in like one slice, like they were in a row and they flew up in the air and the hamas swordsman caught them all on the flat of his blade. i absolutely would be killed in a single exchange if i crossed blades with such a warrior

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

._.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Honest Thief posted:

I get that the answer i'm prob gonna get is ideology but seriously there's got to be something more, how come even apolitical normies who don't watch the news have become crazed bloodthirsty lunatics ? like it was already a shock with the ukr war, but that emotionality could at least be traced to a war on europe's borders

Where is this happening? No one I know seems to be blood lusting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Honest Thief posted:

secret brain chips implanted in every westerners brain

realtalk tho
A lack of critical thinking skills and the erosion of international solidarity and empathy via the stoking of division framing everything into a tribal mindset of 'Our glorious culture that can do no wrong' and 'Foreign pitiful savages one excuse away from murdering us and all our children'.
A Liberal may shed crocodile tears for refugees but the second they are given an internally viable excuse to drop support theyll flip a switch and become pearl clutching fascists.

The people have more in common with the Palestinians than they have with their local war hungry freaks screaming for blood. They cannot be allowed to realize it.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 10:13 on Oct 14, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loving scum

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

i always imagined the babies heads were chopped off in like one slice, like they were in a row and they flew up in the air and the hamas swordsman caught them all on the flat of his blade. i absolutely would be killed in a single exchange if i crossed blades with such a warrior

What really happened is they were beheaded by 40 really big swords each held by about 50,000 Gaza residents. That might seem unnecessarily impractical at first, but every last Gaza resident wanted to take part and they only had 40 babies so how else were they going to do it?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

here in europe you can find journalists and other bleeding hearts crying tears over the kids dead in the rave while lamenting how hamas made it so that palestenians will be dead, not killed by israel, but dead

Rigged Death Trap posted:

secret brain chips implanted in every westerners brain

realtalk tho
A lack of critical thinking skills and the erosion of international solidarity and empathy via the stoking of division framing everything into a tribal mindset of 'Our glorious culture that can do no wrong' and 'Foreign pitiful savages one excuse away from murdering us and all our children'.
A Liberal may shed crocodile tears for refugees but the second they are given an internally viable excuse to drop support theyll flip a switch and become pearl clutching fascists.

The people have more in common with the Palestinians than they have with their local war hungry freaks screaming for blood. They cannot be allowed to realize it.

I dunno, there's a lot of people I'm seeing that i'd at least attribute some coherence and critical thinking before this
no wonder a guy like norm finkelstein grew bitter

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
How many Palestinian children are locked in Mahers basement?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Homeless Friend posted:

Correct. A single baby would easily defeat you, with or without it's head.

new kind of cat posted:

here comes hootibgton the porky pig motherfuckr with nothing constructive to add, just a natural born insufferable poo poo stirrer

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Xaris posted:

man its over already??? can we like get a 48 hour jihad extension?

you think jihad day is over? no, jihad day has become unstuck in time. all good americans need to be on the look out for time jihadists infiltrating via secret quantum mosques throughout the four dimensions for all foreseeable futures.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

Israel has cumulatively received over US$158 billion (non-inflation-adjusted) in direct foreign aid from the United States, and over $260 billion when accounting for combined military + economic aid.

why do you think Capital would allow such an outflow from the usa?

do you think Americans normally support transfers of their tax dollars and wealth to foreign states?

what kind of apparatus would be required to maintain such a state of affairs?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Honest Thief posted:

I actually dont think 'normies' care that much this time around tbf.

it's mostly the extremely online liberals and/or DC media pundits or adjacent pundit journalist class of liberals who perpetuate it: either because they think they need to perpetuate bloodlust (or at best stay silent) lest they get ridiculed and driven out from the ladder they climbed oh-so-hard to get on, or because they're just bloodlusting elites.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
except maybe the finns, they're probably ecstatic

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

I had a conversation with mom talking about donating to charity, and she says she allocates Some of the Tax to UNICEF, unrwa and MSF, and then immediately denied that Gaza was being shelled and only Israel was. I felt like the "Why did you ask for it" fish.

And she barely watches the news nowadays. This sorta stuff has a way better penetration than anything elsem

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They've put together a massive aid convoy on the Egyptian side of the border ready to go.
https://twitter.com/mahmouedgamal44/status/1713115560219656666?s=20

Meanwhile the IDF continues threatening war with Lebanon:
https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1713103569266606372?s=20

quote:

The IDF spokesman on the incidents in the north: "Every incident is the full responsibility of the state of Lebanon and it will bear the consequences"
@Doron_Kadosh

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
when I was a kid I'd always ask my mom, how come there is mother's day and father's day, but no jihad say? and she'd always answer "every day is jihad day". and I guess now that I'm a little older I have to agree with her

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Josef bugman posted:

Yeah, there's a political and media class who have gone completely insane over this, then there's the great mass of ordinary people who are just like: "Oh yeah, it's kicking off again in the ME, isn't it? Bad business."

TV presenters and Twitter freaks are hardly representative of the broader population.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

give bill mahar to hamas

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I genuinely don't know to what extent they're being real with this stuff and to what extent it's all just performative. Doesn't really matter, I guess.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

TV presenters and Twitter freaks are hardly representative of the broader population.

The general public ends up accepting a lot of dumbass ideas and views of reality based on media saturation though. People literally change their opinions based on what seems to be the serious and accepted viewpoint of mainstream authority. Your average Yankiedoodle slob might not be paying attention now, but weeks or months down the line they'll believe in the 40 beheaded babies story because they saw it on tv once.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Josef bugman posted:

try forumid=46!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They've put together a massive aid convoy on the Egyptian side of the border ready to go.

Meanwhile the IDF continues threatening war with Lebanon:
https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1713103569266606372?s=20

*channelling al-saqr* cucked arab leaders are gonna do nothing like the little bitches they are

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

send this to every gamer you know
https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1713099063426523192?s=20

e:
https://twitter.com/Ostrov_A/status/1712750062126662133?s=20

quote:

International Human Rights Lawyer, CEO at @The_ILF
, Proud Zionist, Breakfast connoisseur & Father of girls! Opinion mine ⚖️🇮🇱🍳👧🏼

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 10:46 on Oct 14, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

from what i’m seeing nobody normal actually believes israel’s obvious lies of 40+ babies, but there is a pervasive fear that nobody can talk about anything because they don’t know if someone will tell their boss

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

from what i’m seeing nobody normal actually believes israel’s obvious lies of 40+ babies, but there is a pervasive fear that nobody can talk about anything because they don’t know if someone will tell their boss

yep I am a coward who doesn't want to risk my job or citizenship application, so I stay very quiet irl

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol, even my boss yesterday was 'disturbed' by what some of his jewish/israeli friends were posting

https://x.com/Ostrov_A/status/1713103863031509075?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

webcams for christ posted:

yep I am a coward who doesn't want to risk my job or citizenship application, so I stay very quiet irl

yeah, unlike ukraine people are not even saying “i know it’s a terrible situation, i just want it to stop”, i don’t think that’s an allowed option, it’s say nothing

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BearsBearsBears posted:

Slava Palestina

That's right

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the israeli army is very sorry that it blew up some journalists, totally.

quote:

42m ago (09:23 GMT)
Israel says ‘very sorry’ for Reuters journalist’s death
The Israeli army says it is “very sorry” for the death of Reuters journalist Issam Abdallah who was killed on Friday in southern Lebanon.

“We are very sorry for the journalist’s death,” military spokesman Richard Hecht told reporters when asked about the killing,

The Israeli military did not acknowledge responsibility, however.

“We are looking into it … We’re doing a cross examination. It’s a tragic thing,” Hecht said of the incident in which six other journalists, including two from Al Jazeera, were also injured.

Al Jazeera Media Network says it “holds Israel legally and morally responsible” while Media watchdog Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said said the Israeli shelling likely targeted the press.

“There was no one else around them, there was no fighting, there was no military point,” the RSF’s Jonathan Dagher told Al Jazeera.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
While some of you are saying "Go Israel!" or "Go IDF!" I'm saying "Go Koos Group and the current rule of martial law!"

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, there's a political and media class who have gone completely insane over this, then there's the great mass of ordinary people who are just like: "Oh yeah, it's kicking off again in the ME, isn't it? Bad business."

Seen no Israeli flags on the workplace or people wanting to discuss that , and we're the kind of place that had Nakba and Norwuz observation days. People were talking a bit more about the bed bug infestations in France (and now Portugal apparently?) than this, despite the newspapers being fully on psycho mode. Funnily enough, bemoaning that 25 of November wasn't a celebrated day in the parliament distracted a bunch of the rw fury towards palestine. Sure the parliament was coated in blue and white and our Israeli representative is redoing the baby story poo poo which means his crying about being the last guy to see Rabin is dogshit, but stuff is cool so far. I ate on an arab owned restaurant and passed by one of the Israeli culture hubs on the day of the Hamas attack and... barely a peep from either.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

fits my needs posted:

the israeli army is very sorry that it blew up some journalists, totally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_K1ee17Eo8

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That is loving bravery right there, they are going in and risking getting bombed to hell. They ought to stream the entire thing from as many angles as possible

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Free Al-Saqr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dokapon Findom posted:

While some of you are saying "Go Israel!" or "Go IDF!" I'm saying "Go Koos Group and the current rule of martial law!"

Koos Group should be permabanned for facilitating genocide apologia and genocide denial.