Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

putin is a oval office posted:

AUSGBS: gently caress this racist country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

congrats to the country that has indigenous people 10x more likely to be incarcerated voting for the status quo to remain

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

I mean, how could you possibly justify voting the same as Clive Palmer

I tried this line of reasoning on my dad and he acknowledged that Pauline Hanson and Clive Palmer are lovely humans but still decided to align his vote with them. He's a lifelong Herald Sun reader so I wasn't surprised but it was still disappointing.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

A scuffed looking early 20s dude in a poo poo ute stopped outside the polling place I was at, shouted “gently caress youse dog cunts” then hooned off while his exhaust made gunshot sounds.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Disappointed to discover 2/3rds of society still irredeemably terrible but not surprised.

I hope at the very least the demographic breakdown by age shows that it was the boomers mostly again. At least if that's the case, COVID and father time will solve that issue. If its still that way for Millennials/zoomers then that's a big problem.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Been avoiding the inevitable (Yes), by watching 80s ads when we were even more white on YouTube:
Violet Crumble or Crunchie?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Carth Dookie posted:

Disappointed to discover 2/3rds of society still irredeemably terrible but not surprised.

I hope at the very least the demographic breakdown by age shows that it was the boomers mostly again. At least if that's the case, COVID and father time will solve that issue. If its still that way for Millennials/zoomers then that's a big problem.

I'm kind of worried about this, if you're hoping it was mostly just boomers loving everything, I think the breakdown will be upsetting to be honest.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm kind of worried about this, if you're hoping it was mostly just boomers loving everything, I think the breakdown will be upsetting to be honest.

what can I say I'm an optimist.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Carth Dookie posted:

what can I say I'm an optimist.

Stay an optimist don't become a doomer, I hope you're right friend <3

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

I don't know about this, the seats with the highest proportion of young voters have returned like 70% yes support. The biggest predictor of a yes vote isn't party affiliation, but youth and wealth.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Captain Theron posted:

I don't know about this, the seats with the highest proportion of young voters have returned like 70% yes support. The biggest predictor of a yes vote isn't party affiliation, but youth and wealth.

give everyone money and then we get a yes vote, badda bing badda boom

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Recoome posted:

give everyone money and then we get a yes vote, badda bing badda boom

unironically yes.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

BastardAus posted:

Been avoiding the inevitable (Yes), by watching 80s ads when we were even more white on YouTube:

Violet Crumble. I'm eating some now. M&Ms or Smarties?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smarties seemed to have a crispier coating, gunna go with them I reckon.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

BastardAus posted:

i like crunchies but one side of the bar is always harder because thats where it got cut

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
The whole thing about this referendum was shockingly wrong. If anyone deserves the blame (for the No vote winning) it should be the Yes campaign designers, promoters and managers. The question to most Aussies is, why vote yes? I reckon that most Aussies were not convinced and couldn't really see why they should vote Yes.

Here's my reasoning: only, say, about 2% of Australians are indigenous aboriginal and most of them live on remote communities, which are like, hundreds-thousands of kilometres from anywhere. Sure they would have all voted Yes, but their total numbers are insignificant in the scheme of things. The vast majority of Aussies have never even met a real aboriginal Australian person and know nothing about their genuine plight and real disadvantage. Apart from listening to the truly racist politicians (eg Pauline Hanson) most Aussies (present company excepted) are fat, white, comfortable slobs who only know about aborignals, from sensationalist (and yes, racist) news media - as troublesome drunks in the local park, or for bludging on generous welfare and/or for letting their uncontrolled offspring go around, breaking into peoples houses etc. It was in the densely crowded suburbs (almost exclusively white) of the big cities, where the campaign failed to have any impact. That is where the campaign should have focused, to convince white suburban whites of the disadvantage of indigenous peoples. And it did not do this.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're bigger too and they have an S on them which top 5 cool letters.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they need to bring back the milky bar with smarties in it because that was loving good

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
ah gently caress the milky bar kid went woke?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they need to bring back the milky bar with smarties in it because that was loving good

One of my friends today revealed they are friends with the SPC 'Schlippery little shucka' kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYP4McN7eA

And they loving hate everyone calling them that :lol:

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Shiney McShine posted:

The whole thing about this referendum was shockingly wrong. If anyone deserves the blame (for the No vote winning) it should be the Yes campaign designers, promoters and managers. The question to most Aussies is, why vote yes? I reckon that most Aussies were not convinced and couldn't really see why they should vote Yes.

Here's my reasoning: only, say, about 2% of Australians are indigenous aboriginal and most of them live on remote communities, which are like, hundreds-thousands of kilometres from anywhere. Sure they would have all voted Yes, but their total numbers are insignificant in the scheme of things. The vast majority of Aussies have never even met a real aboriginal Australian person and know nothing about their genuine plight and real disadvantage. Apart from listening to the truly racist politicians (eg Pauline Hanson) most Aussies (present company excepted) are fat, white, comfortable slobs who only know about aborignals, from sensationalist (and yes, racist) news media - as troublesome drunks in the local park, or for bludging on generous welfare and/or for letting their uncontrolled offspring go around, breaking into peoples houses etc. It was in the densely crowded suburbs (almost exclusively white) of the big cities, where the campaign failed to have any impact. That is where the campaign should have focused, to convince white suburban whites of the disadvantage of indigenous peoples. And it did not do this.

I don't know what argument you think could have been made that the No voters would have accepted if "it gives just a tiny amount of influence to indigenous people" was already too far for them.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Lolie posted:

Violet Crumble. I'm eating some now. M&Ms or Smarties?

I'm down with VC too, they are getting harder to find in rural Tasmania.
M&Ms over Smarties, the poms do chocolate better but the seppos do inclusive sugar better.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Shiney McShine posted:

imagine typing this out holy poo poo

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

I don't know what argument you think could have been made that the No voters would have accepted if "it gives just a tiny amount of influence to indigenous people" was already too far for them.

We're a huge bunch of racists, even Tassie surprised me, and it just got proven again.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Agreed. gently caress this racist country.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sorry Aussie friends, I hope this outcome does not further empower the racists too much...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sega Dreamcast posted:

One of my friends today revealed they are friends with the SPC 'Schlippery little shucka' kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYP4McN7eA

And they loving hate everyone calling them that :lol:

Two kids a year below me in primary were in this one. The one with the perfect 1992 bowl cut and I think the girl next to him, but I don't recognize her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3_NFuNl8Js

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Flea Bargain posted:

gently caress this racist country. gently caress me dead.

I do just wanna say it was Flea Bargain who actually penned this perfectly perfect summary of the referendum, not me. I just wholeheartedly agreed with his eloquent words.

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
I like milky bars

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

Recoome posted:

imagine typing this out holy poo poo

Imagine having poo poo for brains

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

Ratjaculation posted:

Sorry Aussie friends, I hope this outcome does not further empower the racists too much...

I've already heard 4 different people driving down the street screaming "gently caress those abo cunts" and "coming for you next, fags" so I would say this outcome has had the exact effect I worried about.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

jay z's sedan posted:

suck poo poo yestards, we just saved you from yourselves

owned

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Beardcrumb posted:

I've already heard 4 different people driving down the street screaming "gently caress those abo cunts" and "coming for you next, fags" so I would say this outcome has had the exact effect I worried about.

Jesus h :stonk:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Beardcrumb posted:

Where the gently caress do you live? Jesus.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
Frankston, although I'm actually in the Melbourne CBD right now.

Edit: actually nothing to lol about.

Beardcrumb fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 14, 2023

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Beardcrumb posted:

"Have you considered maybe this is the Yes campaign's fault?"
- Shiney McShine

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Shiney McShine posted:

It's weird that you would reach the conclusions you purport to have reached on a look at the live polling counts.

Adelaide, Clark, Melbourne, Sydney, North Sydney and Brisbane, being the Federal electorates representing the State capitols, all voted yes - some of them overwhelmingly so. ACT as well but I think they don't count or something.

Contrary to what is asserted, the campaign had significant impact exclusively in "the densely crowded suburbs (almost exclusively white) of the big cities".

The blame for the no vote winning falls on the people pushing for the no vote and the tactics employed to achieve it - sowing fear and division through an almost exclusively right wing controlled media landscape to an apathetic and generally racist population, that media having a tighter hold across older, poorer and more rural demographics.

No one was unclear on why they were voting. There was just a well-oiled disinformation campaign operating for the last six months convincing people that the yes vote would lead to black people and liberal intelligentsia kicking down the doors of 1970s lead paint and asbestos riddled bungalows and forcefully liquidating white people for reparations payments.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Just brilliant, Peter 'Potato Face Irrelevant oval office' Dutton must love this mask-off poo poo, because he finally has a toe-hold.
Preaching to the racist No voters following the Trump bullshit he loves to ape.

BastardAus fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 14, 2023

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Beardcrumb posted:

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Shiney McShine posted:

Imagine having poo poo for brains

don't sign yur posts