Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

time to vape a lot of weed and get even more belligerently grouchy at racist fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

putin is a oval office posted:

I'm not surprised but I am disappointed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'm kind of worried about this, if you're hoping it was mostly just boomers loving everything, I think the breakdown will be upsetting to be honest.

Yeah, I hold little hope for the generation which asks, 'WWATD?'

What Would Andrew Tate Do?

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

CAMP FARTING ROCKS posted:

It's weird that you would reach the conclusions you purport to have reached on a look at the live polling counts.

Adelaide, Clark, Melbourne, Sydney, North Sydney and Brisbane, being the Federal electorates representing the State capitols, all voted yes - some of them overwhelmingly so. ACT as well but I think they don't count or something.

Contrary to what is asserted, the campaign had significant impact exclusively in "the densely crowded suburbs (almost exclusively white) of the big cities".

The blame for the no vote winning falls on the people pushing for the no vote and the tactics employed to achieve it - sowing fear and division through an almost exclusively right wing controlled media landscape to an apathetic and generally racist population, that media having a tighter hold across older, poorer and more rural demographics.

No one was unclear on why they were voting. There was just a well-oiled disinformation campaign operating for the last six months convincing people that the yes vote would lead to black people and liberal intelligentsia kicking down the doors of 1970s lead paint and asbestos riddled bungalows and forcefully liquidating white people for reparations payments.

I am not denying that Dutton's fear and misinformation campaign (with generous help from the Murdoch media) worked at convincing many to vote No. But what you say does not stack up when you look at the total vote count for No. If most people in Australians live in big city suburban electorates (which they do), then why was the total vote for No so overwhelming, compared to Yes?? To blame it all on Dutton is wrong. The blame should go to the likes of Linda Burney, for running such a weak arsed campaign.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I reckon my favourite snack at the moment is popcorn mixed with m&ms

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

Paracausal posted:

don't sign yur posts

e: nvm

Shiney McShine fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 14, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Beardcrumb posted:

Frankston, although I'm actually in the Melbourne CBD right now.

Edit: actually nothing to lol about.

Oh ok that's not so bad for you then. Just a couple of dickheads in the city.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I miss the original cherry ripes - the ones which had actual chunks of candied cherries in them.

gently caress me they were good.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Shiney McShine posted:

I am not denying that Dutton's fear and misinformation campaign (with generous help from the Murdoch media) worked at convincing many to vote No. But what you say does not stack up when you look at the total vote count for No. If most people in Australians live in big city suburban electorates (which they do), then why was the total vote for No so overwhelming, compared to Yes?? To blame it all on Dutton is wrong. The blame should go to the likes of Linda Burney, for running such a weak arsed campaign.

Do you sincerely believe this? That the people who voted no would have been convinced to vote otherwise with some other message? What's the magical incantation that the yes campaign should have invoked to gain support for basic and very minimal recognition of indigenous people in parliament? What are the magic words that you would suggest they offer? How else could they have phrased it so that non racists who weren't on board suddenly became on board? I think we all know what's going on here and victim blaming is not the right response.

putin is a cunt fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 14, 2023

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Who is the Masked Shitter?

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

Do you sincerely believe this? That the people who voted no would have been convinced to vote otherwise with some other message? What's the magical incantation that the yes campaign should have invoked to gain support for basic and very minimal recognition of indigenous people in parliament? What are the magic words that would suggest they offer?

Well its a bit late now, but as I said in my first post, there was virtually no campaign presence in highly populated (ie suburban) areas. There are no magic words in politics, only on-the-ground, in-your-face campaigning with real people presenting real facts and strong reasons for voting for anything. The Yes campaign failed to do this. Also, blaming only the winners for beating you for reasons....is a pretty big sign of weakness.

Shiney McShine fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 14, 2023

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

change it back, sissy

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

Lube Enthusiast posted:

change it back, sissy

I mispelled oval office, so there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
nm

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Oct 14, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You guys are gonna be in a lot of trouble when dad gets home. You're posting graphs ffs

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah this poo poo better stop by next page, or atleast when I wake up tomorrow

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Supporting indigenous Australians is forbidden in the Australia thread, I hope you all have learned your lesson.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
poltics is forbidden in the gbs thread

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
lmao real estate just sent us the new lease to sign and it has the increased bond for their stated rent increase but the actual rent on the contract is the same as what we are currently paying get wrecked moron property manager

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

lmao real estate just sent us the new lease to sign and it has the increased bond for their stated rent increase but the actual rent on the contract is the same as what we are currently paying get wrecked moron property manager

sorry but discussion around increased cost of living is politics

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the best part is im aware that their ability to punish us for this could be disasterous without a truely insane amount of effort on our part to fight it but we are in negotitations to get a mortgage so they can suck me right off

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

sorry but discussion around increased cost of living is politics

im going to be a homeowner nothing i do is political im gods perfect neutral child get owned son

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

update they are making me watch sky news for an hour ebery day as part of the terms of the mortgage so i changed my vote to no

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

im going to be a homeowner nothing i do is political im gods perfect neutral child get owned son

Nice one. Which side of the snake?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i think we should embrace our natural transition to a politics thread so i want to suggest an opening topic,

when hilltop hoods rapped 'fly to libya and drink bacardi with gadaffi' do we consider this a pro or anti palestine statement? discuss.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 14, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Airstream Driver posted:

Nice one. Which side of the snake?

current prices strongly suggest north, in southern moreton bay shire region. im open to ipswich and logan but wife is less keen

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I rent a house and I have only had 1 small rent rise in 3+ years. Once the real estate sent me an email saying my rent was going to double. Turns out they hosed up and the owner fired them. The land owner uses the garage for his plumbing business and stores a ton of his poo poo in the yard. At this point, if I moved out he would have weeks of work cleaning it up so anyone would rent the place. He is a nice guy thankfully and I am paying about $200 less a week than a 2 BR unit cost around here.

If he ever starts cleaning up the yard I am going to get really scared.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

congrats on the "officially racist country" status

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

look what we got away with when it was unofficial!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

already had it; this just means we've prestiged

racist, but with gold wings now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/chaser/status/1713119693509370061

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

You son of a gun! First laugh I've had all night

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

lol. Mate they're gonna tell you to gently caress off.

We didn't already have it?
This feels like it's just a renewal on the status more than first issue.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed knowing my state sucks, but it doesn't suck as much as Queensland

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I don't know what argument you think could have been made that the No voters would have accepted if "it gives just a tiny amount of influence to indigenous people" was already too far

From the moment even one indigenous person publicly supported the No campaign, the Yes campaign was doomed.

South Australia is the one which shocked me.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
ACT poster's once again retain the moral high ground :unsmith:

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Croccers posted:

We didn't already have it?
This feels like it's just a renewal on the status more than first issue.

a nationwide win for the "no" vote makes it official imo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

somehow this is the fault of the boers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

well why not posted:

somehow this is the fault of the boers

Koeksisters and peppermint crisp pudding is pretty good tho