Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

But can you enjoy the light mintiness of a fresh sprig of Cilantro leaf?? And if you can enjoy both you can go gently caress yourself asshat haha

:smug:

And to answer Blindsite’s question it’s not minty at all, I’m not sure how to describe it. Kind of it’s own thing. I guess sort of like an almost really floral and bright lime-ish flavor? Idk if the smell is bad to you, but it kinda just tastes how it smells if that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cilantro tastes like 2 parts lime zest mixed with 2 parts minced italian parsley, with a healthy crack of black pepper over the top and a squeeze of lemon juice.

My mom has the soap gene, I don't. It's one of the finer cues for "This is Mexican/Vietnamese" of any flavor really, and I feel for those of you who are defective.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ether Frenzy posted:

Cilantro tastes like 2 parts lime zest mixed with 2 parts minced italian parsley, with a healthy crack of black pepper over the top and a squeeze of lemon juice.

My mom has the soap gene, I don't. It's one of the finer cues for "This is Mexican/Vietnamese" of any flavor really, and I feel for those of you who are defective.
I really like food and it’s super frustrating to me that I can’t experience this one ubiquitous spice as it actually is.

It’s still better to me than dill, dill is garbage. That’s it on common spices I don’t like though.

Basil is my favorite herb.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dill rules wtf

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Looks like there are a lot of deals out there right now, but I need to figure out what makes sense for running the essentials (I'm also on well water!), and my house is an old piece of crap, so I don't really want to make a huge investment

Ours randomly went out for like six hours earlier this week with no storms or inclement weather. We're also on well water and don't have a fire place, and a lot of coworkers or friends don't realize how truly dead in the water we are when the power goes out in January. In a rainstorm needing the sump to run sounds equally distressing.

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry I posted so much tonight hahah, love you guys

Y’all need to come up mountain to hang out

Seeing a bunch of new posts I was afraid it was going to be arguing about discussing I/P, so it was a relief to see you and Blindsite off-hours chat instead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
*steps up to podium*

Mint is the worst loving herb. And I have the soap gene.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

God I’m driving up to watch the flaccid Gators lose to an almost equally flaccid Gamecocks squad in a hostile crowd. :rip: me

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sounds like you've never watched a Big Ten west game for pleasure, specifically the Iowa Hawkeyes

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Sounds like you've never watched a Big Ten west game for pleasure, specifically the Iowa Hawkeyes

I’ve watched a lot of bad college football in the past ~35yrs.

I saw Tommy West’s 3-8 Clemson tear down the goalposts after beating Brad Scott’s 2-9 Carolina team (in 98 I think) :laffo:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Basil is my favorite herb.

I will huff fresh Basil all day.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

I saw Tommy West’s 3-8 Clemson tear down the goalposts after beating Brad Scott’s 2-9 Carolina team (in 98 I think) :laffo:

If they hadn't made "kicking the ball into the big yard full of dobermans" illegal in the 2017 season, those are both two easy wins vs Iowa. Now wave at the hospital

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

lol I miss the days when both teams were bad and I didn't have to hear about them except for the one time a year they played each other

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Decided to check out Hobbs and Shaw finally, man these movies really don't work without Dom and family. All the goofiness, none of the fun

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Decided to check out Hobbs and Shaw finally, man these movies really don't work without Dom and family. All the goofiness, none of the fun

They pulled in serious international dollars IIRC but Hobbs and Shaw dot decimated by every other F+F movie domestically. I think this was when the rock was learning he isn’t the insane guaranteed billion dollar draw he thought he was (black Adam, Hobbs and Shaw etc)

You’re exactly right though. They’ve never been as good without Walker, but at least when you get moments like the Tokyo Drift “whoa he’s alive?!?”reunion are cheesy but hit on the theme. Hobbs and Shaw exists for Rock to break out of casts

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I don't understand people who hate herbs. I love every herb. I will take big deep lungfuls of a fresh herb, gimme

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

I don't understand people who hate herbs. I love every herb. I will take big deep lungfuls of a fresh herb, gimme

For some people specific herb taste like hell

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
e- eh, no reason to be lovely on a Saturday

GD_American fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 14, 2023

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

*steps up to podium*

Mint sucks

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I love all herbs, even if parsley sometimes confounds me, but my weird Achilles heel is mushrooms. The issue is admittedly entirely psychosomatic but they intensely gross me out, won’t abide the things in even the smallest quantity.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Some people clearly taste different things differently, and also we have preferences and aversions, and while I find extremely picky eaters very annoying I also don't think it's reasonable to criticize someone for not liking something I like

life's too short to get hung up on it, if someone else thinks squash tastes good and I don't (I don't) that is fine, they can have all the squash and I can eat something else and life is fine.

I think cilantro tastes slightly soapy but I actually eat it anyway and enjoy it, on the other hand eggplant is inedible, my wife won't eat tomatoes or avocados but I love them, at least we can all agree that bacon is amazing

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Water heater completely died, love to boil water for an hour to make the bath warm enough to use in the meantime until we can get it replaced. I know it is a gas heater, but I kind of have my heart set on a heat-pump electric one, and there are a bunch of rebates for those as well. I don't think there is a 240v outlet near it, but there is an unused one for the dryer about 20 feet away further away directly inline than the electric panel, I wonder if that could be rerouted to the garage.

Also as a kid I ordered rack of lamb at a fancy restaurant just for mint jelly because I like mint candy. Mint jelly sucks though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We got a (gas) tankless and while it takes a bit to get hot water when you turn on the hot water, we haven't regretted it yet. If we had pex pipes instead of copper it'd be hot faster anyway. It's nice to not have to wait after the dishwasher runs or whatever to have a shower. Heat pump is even better if you can swing it though!

It's pretty simple to extend a circuit (220v or otherwise), I've done it myself. It's just wire, maybe some conduit, maybe make a few holes here and there to route it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
We looked into a tankless water heater 7 years ago when we ended up getting our now broken one (I could have sworn these appliances used to be able to last longer than 7 years), and the plumber we were talking to said our bathrooms were too far away from where they would put it, so it was not ideal for our house layout.

Leperflesh posted:

It's pretty simple to extend a circuit (220v or otherwise), I've done it myself. It's just wire, maybe some conduit, maybe make a few holes here and there to route it.

I do not know how to do this though, and I don't trust my craftmanship enough not to electrocute myself or burn the house down. It looks like there are up to ~ $3000+ in rebates from the state and county to switch from gas to heat pump, and some of it covers installation. I wonder if it could cover the electrical work too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I love all herbs, even if parsley sometimes confounds me, but my weird Achilles heel is mushrooms. The issue is admittedly entirely psychosomatic but they intensely gross me out, won’t abide the things in even the smallest quantity.

I think I'm the only one in my entire extremely large extended family who loves mushrooms. Some will tolerate, but I'm the guy who wants that.

Give me all of the fungi. If it's in a dish that you don't want to eat, well that's more for me and I'm fine with the situation.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ginger is the one food/spice I can’t stand

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Amy Pole Her posted:

Just a sanity check here - chat threads been political since day 1.

Why are you suddenly limiting it? Ukraine Russia discussion wasn’t banned. Dem vs Rep isn’t banned. Just seems a bit odd.

There were some reports asking to keep it out of here.

If people can behave themselves and keep it civilized then it's probably fine though

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Pain of Mind posted:

Also as a kid I ordered rack of lamb at a fancy restaurant just for mint jelly because I like mint candy. Mint jelly sucks though.

My family was split; my dad and my little brother were mint jelly fans, my mother and I went for the mint sauce instead. Easter was always contentious even before the older folks started on the racisms.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

There were some reports asking to keep it out of here.

If people can behave themselves and keep it civilized then it's probably fine though

Fair! Appreciate the explanation. Im good with it not being mentioned anymore here, but lord knows im not going to cspam lmao

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a sexual elk posted:

Ginger is the one food/spice I can’t stand

What about it doesn't work for you?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't really like mint

e: I/P post here feel free to not read With all the cases of pro-Palestine rallies being shut down or attempted to be shut down by appealing to the authorities (such as France making it literally illegal to rally for Palestine), it comes off as reporting the mostly support for Palestine posting behind the scenes. Appealing to authority to shut it down.

That's the last I'll mention it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 14, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Amy Pole Her posted:

Fair! Appreciate the explanation. Im good with it not being mentioned anymore here, but lord knows im not going to cspam lmao

Don't blame you there lol. Like I said, it would probably be fine as long as everyone behaves themselves

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Death to... the Cowboys

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

Death to... the Cowboys

Death to America's Team is right there c'mon

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli posted:

Death to... the Cowboys

I'm a one-issue voter and this is it.

E: also I'm so burnt out and jaded about the state of the world I don't have it in me to serious post about politics and barely about anything else.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

honestly the cowboys have been failures for so long I've lost any ill will toward them

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

a neat cape posted:

*steps up to podium*

This guy hasn't had a good mojito, sad

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Time for a cilantro mojito

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Quiet Feet posted:

E: also I'm so burnt out and jaded about the state of the world I don't have it in me to serious post about politics and barely about anything else.

Same, I can’t count the number of times I’ve started to type out a political post somewhere and then just deleted it halfway.

Also, re eggplant, gotta make sure you’re sweating them before you cook them to get the bitterness out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Death to... the Cowboys

But especially on Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Watched Friday the 13th last night and watching part 2 tonight. drat these are the dumbest motherfuckers. Just full of people hitting the villain one time and then running away. Maybe hit them a couple more times? Get a knife? Something?

E: also didn’t realize that the hockey mask doesn’t even show up until part 3 I think.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 15, 2023