Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

9 hours of riding the bike sounds more preferable than 3 hours sitting in a car to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I can't imagine the biking time being paid, either. But you do you.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Just buy a horse at that point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So this is obviously his fetish, right?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jedit posted:

So this is obviously his fetish, right?

To a tee.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osIJJS6PHUA

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

PurpleXVI posted:

Jesus, 9 hours of unpaid transportation time a week? You couldn't bribe me to accept those work conditions.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I can't imagine the biking time being paid, either. But you do you.

If you live in a place where bike accessibility is an afterthought then I completely understand these posts. Some of us are fortunate enough to live in places where bikes are not relegated to winding multi-use paths through parks and bicycle gutters, and biking is actually a cool and fun thing to do in places that support it. Biking 90 minutes to work is no different than having a jog or light workout in the morning before you get in your suburban-class light infantry transport to both go to work and actively justify your municipality's war on bikes.

I sure as hell don't live in a place where it's nice to bike, but I used to and it's basically the biggest consideration for the next place I move. Car dependency blows dogs.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Fun, but a lot of people who work either don't need exercise to go with their manual labor or can't show up sweaty to work. Or maybe there's any kind of precipitation outside that would make getting/being there miserable. Or they live in a place where they can't afford a safe place for their gear so the bus/train is the only option. Or literally don't have legs. It's great to have bicycle infrastructure, but also pretending three hours a day on any commute is something to strive for is pervert poo poo

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PurpleXVI posted:

Jesus, 9 hours of unpaid transportation time a week? You couldn't bribe me to accept those work conditions.

Also this means you are THE smelly worker in the office

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8g8djs8l91zurqo3.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's all good, but I especially enjoyed the car just preemptively crunching down under the sun's gravity

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's all good, but I especially enjoyed the car just preemptively crunching down under the sun's gravity

I really like it because it's one of those gifs where you know what's coming, you know exactly what will happen, and then it delivers and the car gore is great

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

Fun, but a lot of people who work either don't need exercise to go with their manual labor or can't show up sweaty to work. Or maybe there's any kind of precipitation outside that would make getting/being there miserable. Or they live in a place where they can't afford a safe place for their gear so the bus/train is the only option. Or literally don't have legs. It's great to have bicycle infrastructure, but also pretending three hours a day on any commute is something to strive for is pervert poo poo

With low humidity and even a moderate temperature a reasonably fit person can bike for quite a long time without getting sweaty. All that air you ride through is powerful active cooling, any day you can get by without turning on AC in your car you could also bike basically half as far as you're able and be fine. Past that, not sure if you know this, but a great many employers have showers and changing rooms, they're useful for far more than just cyclists. As a bonus, sociopaths don't install them unless legally required, so if they're not required then a workplace that has them is probably in the upper half of places to work.

Every other thing you posted is solved by either the barest minimum bicycle infrastructure or a suitable bicycle. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you've got a pretty severe case of car-brain. It was endemic in the US up until two decades ago, so it's understandable, but with every passing day the rest of society is passing you by, much like bicycles while you sit in traffic pretending that it's cool and good to do so.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just live in a dry, temperate climate with good employers and bike infrastructure bing bong so simple

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

America :patriot::911:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There is a lot of making up a guy that doesn't exist and getting mad at him in here

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

kazil posted:

Just live in a dry, temperate climate with good employers and bike infrastructure bing bong so simple

It was one person saying what works for them, there's no need to :goonsay: it into some grand treatise on all transportation methods.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Goon: I like to bike to work. :)

Other goons: gently caress you!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Better Things Are Not Possible, So Don't Even Try.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Taeke posted:

Bible condemns bicycling.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Taeke posted:

More like

Goon: I ride my bike to work, 3 hours a day
Other goons: wow that's a lot, I can't imagine doing that
Goon: gently caress you, you dumb pieces of poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Taeke posted:

:hai:

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

You are the smelly guy, Steve Jobs

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Schadenfreude: I actually fell for the bike derail and now I'm being shamed for not having a weather machine

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Baron von Eevl posted:

More like

Goon: I ride my bike to work, 3 hours a day
Other goons: wow that's a lot, I can't imagine doing that
Goon: gently caress you, you dumb pieces of poo poo

That's, uh, very much not it. OP didn't even post again. The first reply is telling them that "you're not supposed to bike that far"

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Boy you guys sure get wrapped around the shaft when someone suggests that maybe cars aren't great. It's not even a derail, the savage nonstop self-owns coming from the car-brained is the best schad in pages.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://64.media.tumblr.com/829582fe4eaa5f15b02881f83290cb7e/4103c1faeebf2c42-6a/s1280x1920/db7c5a2acf62d13fae47f88c205be22bda3badb4.pnj

e: no gently caress you embed

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There is a lot of making up a guy that doesn't exist and getting mad at him in here

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I would not drive 3 hours to work.
I would not bike 3 hours to work either.
Both of those sound like incredibly poo poo options, in fact.
E: I think I would tell this hypothetical employer to suck my dick from the back, even. Maybe even eat my rear end from the front, before I'll put in that much effort.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Oct 14, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Work is bad capitalism is bad traveling to work is bad. ok let's move away from this :thanks:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

With low humidity and even a moderate temperature a reasonably fit person can bike for quite a long time without getting sweaty.

This is how you know who the office stinker is.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I would not drive 3 hours to work.
I would not bike 3 hours to work either.
Both of those sound like incredibly poo poo options, in fact.
E: I think I would tell this hypothetical employer to suck my dick from the back, even. Maybe even eat my rear end from the front, before I'll put in that much effort.

I'd drive 3 hours to work for an employer who would suck my dick from the back and eat my rear end from the front. Only fair to a boss who puts himself out there for his workers.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

PurpleXVI posted:

I get two dollars every commute leg I do by bike, as part of our going green incentive or something. That's twenty bucks a week if I worked in the office full time! Not bad. Not great either, but not bad.

You're only allowed to get it if you request eight dollars or more per pay period, which is the recognition that some people go in once a week.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Karate Bastard posted:

Legs of loving steel.

I've got legs of steel

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Little local schad: there's an eclipse today. The best viewing will be in the southern part of my state, but you can still see it up where I am at about 80% occlusion. Some people were scheduling watch parties. Except it clouded up this morning about an hour before it started, and now that it's over the clouds are starting to break up.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've got one leg of steel (and carbon fiber) the other is flesh and bone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've got legs of steel

I'm here to bike to work, and make forum posts, and I've already arrived at work

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ante posted:

That's, uh, very much not it. OP didn't even post again. The first reply is telling them that "you're not supposed to bike that far"

Sorry, I thought poo poo fuckasaurus was the original poster.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/cjXnLrV.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

:gonk: