Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

thathonkey posted:

the best gimmick item sold by musks companies will always be the tesla sipping glass that cant stand up by itself. it's like a metaphor, you see

iirc these glasses were determined to be excess materials that were repurposed from whatever dumb thing they sold before that, like they had garbage lying around but knew full well you cannot fleece this particular subset of rube enough

wow thank you for your continued sustainability efforts elon :jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

history books will remember this moment as so many supposed powerful people brains broke after Joe Biden either beat them (trump, republicans) or got more likes than them (Elon musk)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

cyberstein

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

actually it's cyberstein's mug

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Fried Watermelon posted:

I really really like this image

Elon saw it in a dream and drew it himself the next morning

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Techno Mechanicus Musk

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the algorithim must be changed to make me the best poster

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Plank Walker posted:

actually it's cyberstein's mug

cyberstein's monster: MATCHING PANELS BAAAAD!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the algorithim must be changed to make me the best poster

what if this is what neuralink is all about

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i had to google it to see if a cryberstein was real or not and those dang zoomers with your yoogioh pulled it off

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the milk machine posted:

Techno Mechanicus Musk

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr Interweb posted:

according to other people who claim to know about this sort of thing, Apple tried to fight the EU and lost recently? if they can take on a company like Apple and win, then i'm a lot more optimistic about them bringing elon to heel.

so...it's erasing all content mentioning what israel is doing to palestine, i'm assuming?

Is this a post supporting censoring the genocide of Palestinians? Because it sure reads that way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

invite code: bsky-social-mj3y6-lmznm

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

invite code: bsky-social-mj3y6-lmznm

this is the musk thread

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Weka posted:

Is this a post supporting censoring the genocide of Palestinians? Because it sure reads that way.

does it?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah whut

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Good I thought I was going illiterate for a second

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

The Top G posted:

Maybe you should find out what happens when a gas tank is punctured. Hint: it’s bad too

It... leaks gas? I mean, yeah, you'd rather it didn't.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weka posted:

the post is just saying that the EU pressure will most likely be used in a lovely pro-Israel way, not to combat disinformation and hate speech

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Egg Moron posted:

i had to google it to see if a cryberstein was real or not and those dang zoomers with your yoogioh pulled it off

needs that musk gutto

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

according to other people who claim to know about this sort of thing, Apple tried to fight the EU and lost recently? if they can take on a company like Apple and win, then i'm a lot more optimistic about them bringing elon to heel.

so...it's erasing all content mentioning what israel is doing to palestine, i'm assuming?

Yes, the new EU internet censorship law lets them ban "disinformation" from social media. Disinformation in this case means support for Palestine.

Not something to be optimistic about IMO.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The Top G posted:

Maybe you should find out what happens when a gas tank is punctured. Hint: it’s bad too

what exactly do you think happens when a gas tank is punctured?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

...! posted:

the car implodes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

all the fuel leaks out and that poo poo is expensive

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

...! posted:

it's gas, so it whistles out like a whoopy cushion.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
teslas don't leak any gasoline if you puncture them. elon keeps winning and he can't get away with this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

a Vermont man has five of something valuable?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

something valuable

:confused:

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

a Vermont man has five of something valuable?

not all at once, no

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-vermont-man-duped-tesla-into-giving-him-five-cars-for-free-now-hes-headed-to-prison-ffc173fe

quote:

Prosecutors said Gonzalez first hit upon his scheme in September 2018, when he placed an order on Tesla’s website for a $58,000 Model 3. Gonzalez made a deposit of $2,500, and when the car was ready for delivery the next month, he provided Tesla with bank information for accounts that didn’t have enough money to cover the balance.

Tesla nonetheless delivered the vehicle to Gonzalez in Vermont and gave him a certificate of ownership, which allowed him to obtain the car’s title and register it with the Vermont department of motor vehicles. A week later, Tesla received notice that Gonzalez’s account had insufficient funds to complete the transaction.

By the end of December, prosecutors said, Gonzalez had sold the vehicle to a used-car dealer for $42,000.

Over the following year, prosecutors said Gonzalez repeated the scheme four more times, each time for a Model X worth around $150,000. In two cases, he entered the name of a girlfriend or ex-girlfriend as the buyer instead of his own, according to court papers. He was able to sell two of the cars on Craigslist and eBay for $108,000 and $97,000, respectively.

quote:

In one case, Tesla did not provide Gonzalez with a certificate of ownership, which made it impossible for him to title or resell the car. So he drove the vehicle onto a frozen part of Lake Champlain, purportedly to go ice fishing, and set it on fire, prosecutors said.

He later filed an insurance claim, but given the unusual circumstances of the incident, the insurance company asked Gonzalez to come for an in-person “examination under oath,” during which he was required to produce the vehicle’s title. Gonzalez failed to appear for the interview, according to court documents.

In his final attempt to steal a Model X, prosecutors said that Gonzalez sped away from the men who had been sent to repossess the car, nearly hitting one of them. He then stashed the car in a storage unit in Vermont.

quote:

While in detention, prosecutors said, Gonzalez was recorded telling his girlfriend over the phone about where the car was hidden and about his intent to sell it when he got out of custody. Upon his release, he moved to sell the car to a buyer in New Hampshire, but police were able to intercept it as it was being delivered.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Verdict: innocent of theft, guilty of climate crimes

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Time_pants posted:

It... leaks gas? I mean, yeah, you'd rather it didn't.

no it explodes like the entire car was rigged with pyrotechnics, haven’t you seen it in the movies?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Bates posted:

no it explodes like the entire car was rigged with pyrotechnics, haven’t you seen it in the movies?

No most of the time the car goes off screen and then there's a loud boom noise. Sometimes a bit of smoke might float by.

I might watch very cheap films.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the car is electric

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Imagine five Teslas at the edge of a frozen lake.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

God I hope. That'll finally kill that wretched website.

The only thing that will eventually kill Twitter is if the competitors can get reliable news and useful info on other sites and so far that just isn't the case. But a full paywall might just be enough to get those good posters to leave for real.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

eXXon posted:

Imagine five Teslas at the edge of a frozen lake.

Why does the AI drive thing keep on loving up like this, we were all just trying to go to the mall!

WTF even are we!!!

poo poo. :(

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Netflix re-inventing Cinemas is up there with Musk reinventing tunnels

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1713218598716449071?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
They should open them up in old blockbuster locations just to really point it out to everyone how loving stupid this is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Egg Moron posted:

Posted a banned yugioh card. User loses posting privileges for one week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Well I guess this means my stupid Netflix bill will go up again