Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Covermeinsunshine posted:

OK time to install demo and call my friend if she can postpone her birthday party

Vaya con Sigmar my friend, but I hope it wasn't an important party cause I played the beta for this game and it wasn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

While I'm takeing a piss on skiping going out for a game so far this seems on par with DoW 2 and that is a game I enjoyed a lot (ofcourse I understand that ymmv and that one was controversial)

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Man, as much as I like the chonkcasts, this update is necessary. And they'll finally release more than one female Liberator!

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I would rather have them update 2ed sculpts as they had cool theme to them and do something other than 1st ed guys that in their roles are largely upset by thunderstrike

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
As a SCE player, please delete about half the SCE profiles and range. Don't fix it, just kill it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

grassy gnoll posted:

As a SCE player, please delete about half the SCE profiles and range. Don't fix it, just kill it.

I think you can keep most of the actual units but you could delete 3/4 of the heroes in the entire book and I don't think a single person would notice.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I will never give up my original Herald guy

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Delete the dragons and go back to when it was just cool reborn angelic beings with hammers and swords :colbert:

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Count Thrashula posted:

Delete the dragons and go back to when it was just cool reborn angelic beings with hammers and swords :colbert:

Why do you hate the dragons man?

IMHO they can just merge warscrolls - keep the old mini of the liberator but its just vanquisher with different weapon profile or something

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Count Thrashula posted:

Yeah why are the heavily amored golden guys riding buck naked dragons.

The stormcast monsters should have been giant stormcast golems and colossi

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

was having persistent performance issues, which doesn't help first impressions for a game, but realms of ruin seems pretty bad to me from the demo. not outright incompetent or anything but uh, well it's looks like this for one thing:

I know it's a swamp but good grief. there's a blue map later but it's not any better to look at.

the UI and unit control are both quite bad IMO. comes off extremely poorly in comparison to any part of DoW2, or really any of Relic's games aside from DoW3

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah why are the heavily amored golden guys riding buck naked dragons.

The stormcast monsters should have been giant stormcast golems and colossi

¿por qué no los dos?

Also the dragons are animals even if they are intelligent, saying they're "naked" is like saying a dog or horse is naked

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1713172585267986513

The reveal teaser is out and that almost looks like High Elves and Wood Elves for TOW.

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
Stream is live in less than 10 minutes.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 14, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

We get a new Stormcast on a Dragon in a Dawnbringers box set.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-lord-relictor-ionus-cryptborn-sigmars-prodigal-son/

And Sylvaneth is getting a big boi.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-belthanos-first-thorn-of-kurnoth-calls-the-hunt/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-the-twin-tailed-crusade-continues-its-long-march-in-dawnbringers-iii/
Also revealed, obviously, is the next part of the Dawnbringer crusade series.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 14, 2023

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

And here I was, thinking about getting more dragons. Thanks for the push, GW, but no thanks from my wallet.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I'm getting the Ionus but the big bug is super cool

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Nice of GW to finally give the Sigmarines a Chaplain.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Guess I'm buying more Sylvaneth. Do you actually need the Dawnbringers book to run an Army of Renown, or do they publish those rules separately?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm just glad they haven't totally forgotten about the Anvils. :unsmith:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

love that bug

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Funzo posted:

Guess I'm buying more Sylvaneth. Do you actually need the Dawnbringers book to run an Army of Renown, or do they publish those rules separately?

If nothing else the rules will be up online fast. Probably like a month before it hits WaHapedia?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
The sylvaneth dude is fully sick. Think I might need to round up some bugbois

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Yeah he is hands down best model previewed on saturday. Makes me kinda regret not getting into sylvaneth

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/22/sunday-preview-the-cities-of-sigmar-muster/

I think GW realises they were lagging behind on releases because they just turned on the hose, because next week is loaded.

We got the entire Cities of Sigmar line, both new and models from the army box in stand alone. And the tome on top of that.

Then there's the third Dawnbringers book, the Blacktalons, Cryptborn’s Stormwing, The Blades of Belthanos.

On top of that there's the stand alone release of Grimhold Exile and Harbinger of Decay.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm pleasently surprised they are doing Dawnbringers III now. Along with Cities and the Warcry stuff, it's going to be a very busy time for me these next few months.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I was really hoping they were going to hold off on that Sylvaneth box another week or two, but…:homebrew:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
GW can we get a vanguard box for the cities PLEASE

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Give it like a month or two and you'll get the army box in vanguard form.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any point to have 3 Gothizzar Harvester? I already have two and can't really justify a third

I wanna get the OBR battleforce coming up because it contains things I don't have otherwise, or will need more of (20 mortek guard will bring me up to 40) but I just don't know if I need 3 harvesters in a 2000pt army

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

At this point it’s hard to justify two.

Ionus looks loving great, tho, 400 points but holy poo poo he’s good.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/23/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battleforces-four-incredible-boxed-sets-for-the-festive-season/

The AoS Battleforces have been announced.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

These seem less of a good value proposition than previous years, both in terms of available units and total price.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

At this point it’s hard to justify two.

Ionus looks loving great, tho, 400 points but holy poo poo he’s good.
Just enough to fit into a Cities of Sigmar army like Lethis :getin:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
My store has the last Vampire Count box for sale still.

I take it this would be a better start for the army since it trades 40 zombies for 10 wolves and three bats?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The S2D box seems like a bad value proposition if you've bought any of the previous discount boxes like the vanguard, old start collecting or the codex release box. I have more Knights, Warriors and Chosen than I know what to do with. Could have at least replaced one of those three with some Varanguard, especially since Eternus is the leader of a traitor Varanguard circle secretly working for Be'lakor.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My store has the last Vampire Count box for sale still.

I take it this would be a better start for the army since it trades 40 zombies for 10 wolves and three bats?

The old SBG box is one of the best boxes they ever put out, and zombies are unfortunately still one of the best units in the game. If you are interested in running SBG, and you aren't afraid of being That Guy, I would take the old box over this one ten times out of ten.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kinda bummed they didn't do a box for Ironjawz - they got a bunch of new units and could have done a thematic box with the big pig and some Gore-gruntas. With the new Orruk vanguard box just being pure Kruleboyz on top of that, there's basically no way to save money buying IJ stuff.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

These seem less of a good value proposition than previous years, both in terms of available units and total price.

Is the Seraphon box good for someone considering getting back into the game? I have a box of the Saurus Knights lying around from UKGE and I keep meaning to pick up painting minis again.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

New boxes seem pretty good, but still nothing for me, so my wallet rests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Not So Fast posted:

Is the Seraphon box good for someone considering getting back into the game? I have a box of the Saurus Knights lying around from UKGE and I keep meaning to pick up painting minis again.

Seraphon box looks decent for starting new army