Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

I will check that out, thanks!

It's interesting that the Brits grouped the Italians, Jewish Brigade, Indians, Greeks and New Zealanders together. DEI works.

e: They apparently didn't have any British units in these corps for any meaningful stretch of time

:thunk:

You had a lot of white british battalions in indian units instead - or gurkhas - but the armies that went into italy kept having more and more indian officers as time went on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

the revived 10th has dogra swords for their insignia. They are a step above hill tribes. Kashmir was reintegrated into india by the late 2000s that they voted for modi in line with the rest of the country.

One of the Indian defence journals publishes excerpts from the old British martial races manuals, and the comments are, what I'm assuming are your retired Indian officers, saying things like "So true! The Dogra is a loyal and hardy race when given cigarettes!"

I realize you've talked about how much of this stuff still circulates under Modi but it's a bit wild.

The Gallant Dogra

All of that to say, I do not see the IDF actually embracing Indian enrolment in the IDF, unless they're recruited through York University.

Tankbuster posted:

You had a lot of white british battalions in indian units instead - or gurkhas - but the armies that went into italy kept having more and more indian officers as time went on.

I just saw a book about that. For all of the opposition to Indian officers they turned out fantastic.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand how the Labour party hasn't completely disintegrated.... A majority of the party voted Corbyn leader not that long ago!!!! How are any of those people still in the party now?

They're not in the party. Most left and with that the organised left of the UK crumbled to nothing. Labour is now propped up by blairites who get their funding from business interests. I was going to say they're now a pro-business socially progressive type of neoliberal zombie party but thinking about it they're not even that. They're basically as regressive as the tories on trans rights for instance. Scotland at least had the SNP but they're in the process of collapsing. Center right neoliberal parties for everyone!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

stumblebum posted:

why not? fascists dont care about being consistent and coherent and white supremacist states have used non-white people as fodder for generations

idf guys know they could never compete with an army of indian hitler avs dming hot idf girls to trade warcrime pics for boob pics

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

their gonna bury everyone under Bibi’s real estate developers, the entire strip is gonna be one mass grave.

Israel thinks this is finally their excuse to take care of the Gaza “problem” and won’t pass up the opportunity, if their are no consequences the purging of the West Bank will be next

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they are pretty much already going after the west bank anyway

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Echo Chamber posted:

it's been a long time since George Takei had a decent take.

this is like pre-2016 poo poo

George Tankie

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Free Palestine

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mr Hootington posted:

It looked like a lot of fun before the unprovoked attack. :shrug:

Unprovoked.

gently caress all the way off forever and then gently caress off some more.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

why are you all falling for extremely obvious trolling

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

stumblebum posted:

why not? fascists dont care about being consistent and coherent and white supremacist states have used non-white people as fodder for generations

but not actually based at home. The British created really convoluted schemes during the First World War so that Indian soldiers on the Western Front could not actually make their way back to England on R&R but had to stay in certain parts of France. In WW2, they didn't use them in Northwest Europe at all.

France was saved by colonial soldiers in both world wars and, as those wars took place in France, was even more insistent that colonial troops not actually interact with the citizens (read: women) of the metropole. In the Second World War, the troops De Gaulle and Leclerc landed with in 1944 were nearly all colonial troops but after Paris was liberated the French Army began uniforming French Resistance, surrendered Vichy troops and conscripting as rapidly as possible so they could send the colonial troops away. Famously they excluded them from the parade after the liberation of Paris, though there's some evidence the Americans insisted on that.

The Germans had Georgian/Turkmen/Indian whatever troops in their eastern legions but kept them as far away from Germany as possible.

The conditions of service for Druze and Ethiopian Jewish soldiers in the IDF is already questionable. The idea of non-Jewish Indian soldiers filling the ranks is basically incompatible with the pure Jewish homeland thing, so unless they could be kept out of Israel, I don't see them being okay with it.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

hootington is it really necessary to troll this thread? at least be original

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

lmao

the cs models

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:ohdear:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Fellatio del Toro posted:

idf guys know they could never compete with an army of indian hitler avs dming hot idf girls to trade warcrime pics for boob pics

https://twitter.com/wagnersfamily/status/1713011777871507903?s=46&t=XcTQEAmVq56cJu9IKvdPKg

The moment indian supporters of israel learn about this they aren't taking a flight to tel aviv. No chance of white woman pussy = no fighting in war.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

https://twitter.com/wagnersfamily/status/1713011777871507903?s=46&t=XcTQEAmVq56cJu9IKvdPKg

The moment indian supporters of israel learn about this they aren't taking a flight to tel aviv. No chance of white woman pussy = no fighting in war.

lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

why are you all falling for extremely obvious trolling

Mr hootington's extremely light trolling is too powerful. I would request that people dont go too nuts over it and also hoots please consider that perhaps given the subject matter itt you should not go too far out of your way to drive people crazy with regards to chud etc

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

To Our Valued Community,

At Secret Flying, our mission has always been to help travellers explore the world by providing access to affordable flight deals and incredible travel experiences. We have strived to make the world a more connected and accessible place for people of all backgrounds. Today, we are announcing an important change in our approach to flight deals.

We have long been committed to supporting the well-being of all communities around the world. We believe it is our duty to use our platform to advocate for justice, peace, and the resolution of conflicts where possible. For years, the situation in Israel has been marked by conflict and suffering. It is time for this urgent matter to be addressed.

After careful consideration, we have decided to make a significant change to our publication policy. Until a two-state solution is in place and the rights and well-being of stateless Palestinians are addressed, Secret Flying will no longer be publishing flight deals to and from Israel.

Our decision is not meant to be a judgment on the people of Israel, who have a right to live in peace and security, just like all individuals around the world. Nor does it question Israel’s right to exist. Rather, it is a call for a fair and equitable resolution to a long-standing conflict that has affected countless lives.

We acknowledge that this decision may be met with varying opinions, and we do not take sides in a complex geopolitical issue. Instead, we aim to draw attention to the suffering of innocent Palestinians, who have faced unimaginable hardships for decades.

For too long, Western governments, media and companies have ignored the suffering of Palestinians, particularly those in Gaza. In the past six days alone, over 700 children have been killed from Israeli airstrikes, with many more expected as Israel prepares for a ground invasion. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday that the offensive on the Gaza Strip is “just the beginning.” Despite this, Western politicians and companies remain silent on the matter, caring more about their political ambitions and revenue than speaking up for the voiceless. Secret Flying refuses to be a part of this hypocrisy.

We understand that some travellers may be inconvenienced by this decision, and for that, we apologise. However, we firmly believe that our commitment to advocating for a just and peaceful resolution to this longstanding conflict takes precedence.

We are ready to revisit this policy as soon as we see significant progress towards the creation of a Palestinian state and improved conditions for all residents of the region. In the meantime, we remain committed to serving the global travel community, and we look forward to a brighter and more peaceful future for all.

Thank you for your understanding and support as we take this step towards peace and justice.

Secret Flying

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FlapYoJacks posted:

I made the mistake of arguing with someone online about this bullshit. It's a never ending circle of:

- "The IDF sucks; here is a giant list of war crimes they are committing, including genocide and apartheid."
- "What about Hamas? Are you defending killing innocent children? You are hosed in the head!"
- "I am not talking about Hamas, killing innocent children is always deplorable, I am talking about how the IDF sucks, here is a giant list of war crimes they are committing, including genocide and apartheid."
- "What about Hamas? Are you defending killing innocent children? You are hosed in the head!"

Loop forever.

the solution to the loop at that point is to just say "gently caress yeah i am. what are you going to do about it bitch"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

This is what the French were all about when they used colonial troops, FYI.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"when missiles fired from the direction of Israel struck them"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Scarabrae posted:

hootington is it really necessary to troll this thread? at least be original

this is what happens when people only read like 2 threads max and don't know who all these people are

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Truga posted:

the solution to the loop at that point is to just say "gently caress yeah i am. what are you going to do about it bitch"

:blessed: :haibrow:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lyin leon broke hoot, who when given the power of the chain probe, blinked and backed down. he doubtlessly lives in a prison of his own mind’s judgement. a fate worse than death.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/top-secret-hamas-documents-show-terrorists-intentionally-targeted-elem-rcna120310

who do they think they are fooling with this poo poo

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

every single reddit user

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dnd posters

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Top Secret (Israel do not read)!

There will be plenty of dumb rear end white Americans who believe that without question.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

People are still sharing notes app handwringing about 40 decapitated babies. So....

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

this is what happens when people only read like 2 threads max and don't know who all these people are

putting hoot on the troll offender registry and having him go to thread to thread introducing himself (by trolling it)

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

everyone knows that hamas requires classification markings on the top AND bottom of the page

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Egg Moron posted:

lmao

the cs models

cs_sderot

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ey yo you crazy for this one mr beast

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

they’re willing to live in Cold Lake for this OP, be careful

(for the Americans: North Dakota but right now the sun rises at 10 and sets at 2)

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

"when missiles fired from the direction of Israel struck them"

lol jfc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

targeting schools on one of the two days that nobody is at them seems like a bad plan but what do I know

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

i honestly thought his garbage show had died like a decade ago

maher lost his abc show when he called the 9/11 attackers brave & courgeous.

he's not going to make the same mistake with hbo.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

hamas battle plan documents found on fallen martyr. lmao sure

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

maher lost his abc show when he called the 9/11 attackers brave & courgeous.

he's not going to make the same mistake with hbo.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Uh huh

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1713223008033083465