Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Extra row of tits posted:

I heard it changed her face so radically her parents failed to recognise her when they saw her post surgery!

What did Gina Carano do? I knew she got poo poo canned for saying something but I’ve never been remotely interested in any of the terrible SW tv shows.

She went CHUD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Well eating people is frown on.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The nipper sized bottles of Crystal Head are cute l’il skulls :3:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

The nipper sized bottles of Crystal Head are cute l’il skulls :3:

Wondering about that glass skull factory......

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

TheHoosier posted:

The Titanic music, Jonathan Vilma's "OH NO! OH WOW", Mac Jones being stiff-armed into the Earth's crust..

Preserve this poo poo in the Library of Congress

You can pinpoint the exact moment in time where Mac Jones' soul left his body.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Well eating people is frown on.

wikipedia posted:

In February 2021, Carano shared an Instagram post that compared "hating someone for their political views" to the persecution of Jews during the Holocaust[81][68][82] and included an image taken during the Lviv pogroms.[79][83][note 1] Many critics interpreted the post as comparing American conservatives to Jews in Nazi Germany.[65] Shortly afterward, Lucasfilm stated that Carano was no longer employed by the company, saying that "her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable".[84][67][85] Her posting of a series of tweets in which she mocked the use of face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States was also cited by Lucasfilm[65][81][82] as well as her repeated belief of voter fraud during the 2020 presidential election.[65][81][68]

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The New York Times published a glowing article about him in July, lol

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Zugzwang posted:

This indeed sounds like a pretty good candidate for a career-wrecking moment for the New York Times.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I’m so old that I remember well-known football analyst and point-spread maven Jimmy the Greek destroying his entire career one day by postulating on network TV that black athletes were better because slave owners selectively bred them for strength and size.

Even in the Bad Old Days of 1988, that was too much, and that was pretty much the end of him.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

I’m so old that I remember well-known football analyst and point-spread maven Jimmy the Greek destroying his entire career one day by postulating on network TV that black athletes were better because slave owners selectively bred them for strength and size.

Even in the Bad Old Days of 1988, that was too much, and that was pretty much the end of him.

Also shoutout to Howard Cosell's "little monkey" comment for raising the casual racism commentary bar way back in '83.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Oooh, forgot about that one!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Casey Wilson saying "gently caress" live on SNL during her first episode ever.

Ultramega OK
May 14, 2003

I'm a Catholic, I can feel guilty about anything.
He’s not a celebrity in the traditional sense, but Matt Lauer managed to gently caress up one of the best and highest-paying gigs in television news. He co-hosted NBC’s “Today” for 20 years, interviewed many of modern history’s most-important people, and witnessed many of modern history’s biggest events. Lauer was also paid as much as $20 million a year.

Then, on November 29, 2017, NBC fired him for having sex with a younger co-worker. She says it was rape, he says it was not.

Either way, Lauer will likely never return to television. He’s essentially persona non grata.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Zugzwang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ZWaS_FjNU

Any chance to plug this amazing documentary. James Randi was Uri Gellers nemesis, among other hucksters.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ultramega OK posted:

He’s not a celebrity in the traditional sense, but Matt Lauer managed to gently caress up one of the best and highest-paying gigs in television news. He co-hosted NBC’s “Today” for 20 years, interviewed many of modern history’s most-important people, and witnessed many of modern history’s biggest events. Lauer was also paid as much as $20 million a year.

Then, on November 29, 2017, NBC fired him for having sex with a younger co-worker. She says it was rape, he says it was not.

Either way, Lauer will likely never return to television. He’s essentially persona non grata.

bro he had a rape button installed in his desk.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

bro he had a rape button installed in his desk.

:what:

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

As insane as it sounds, yes he did have that:

quote:

Perhaps the single most horrifying detail from the litany of stories alleging sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior by Matt Lauer is his secret button. “His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up,” according to a Variety story published Wednesday, only hours after NBC fired him, citing a detailed complaint it had received about the Today show host. “This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him.”

NBC "clarifies" that it's a security button to make an office into a safe room for high-profile employees, but Lauer is a special kind of terrible who used it for his rapey acts

bucksmash fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 14, 2023

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Casey Wilson saying "gently caress" live on SNL during her first episode ever.

Jenny Slate did the same thing, lol.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bradzilla posted:

oh my sweet summer child

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1878052&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

the op was deleted during the meltdown but the rest is there

Reading the thread now, I see that some goons were probated for making fun of Lowtax's scam. But also, speaking of sweet summer children, many appear to have taken his mangosteen-mongering as serious health advice. :aaa:

e;fb but whatever.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 14, 2023

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Jenny Slate did the same thing, lol.

I was going to say, I know Jenny Slate did that, I don’t recall Casey Wilson doing it. Charles Rocket did it too; wonder what happened to that guy? [checks notes] oh, oh no…

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

root beer posted:

I was going to say, I know Jenny Slate did that, I don’t recall Casey Wilson doing it. Charles Rocket did it too; wonder what happened to that guy? [checks notes] oh, oh no…

The Dumb & Dumber guy? :(

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Yikes.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Dan Aykroyd legit believes those Herkimer diamonds (quartz crystals) he filters his vodka through are magical

kind of like how he believes Ghostbusters is a documentary

Considering his regular co-performers being Bill Murray -heard to be very difficult to work with, sex-pest allegations every now and then- Chevy Chase - a massive rear end in a top hat - and John Belushi - chauvinistic dope fiend - Dan being just an unbelievably weird conspiracy theorist and occultist but otherwise all around nice person is something that doesn't even register on the 70's to 90's comedy superstar scale.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Long live SCTV. Dave Thomas is a but of a chud though.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Horrible atrocities are so common among old SNL people that I just stay away from all their poo poo. Even "good ones" like Aykroyd had to have totally known all the disgusting poo poo that was happening and just let it happen anyway.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Brian Williams was hosting NBC News every weeknight until he lied about being shot down in a helicopter. Looking back now that's pretty quaint and he was probably unfairly let go when he could have just apologized.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

emSparkly posted:

Horrible atrocities are so common among old SNL people that I just stay away from all their poo poo. Even "good ones" like Aykroyd had to have totally known all the disgusting poo poo that was happening and just let it happen anyway.

The Wes Anderson movies and animations are quite good and mostly cerebral stuff, even if Bill Murray is in pretty much all of them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I heard it changed her face so radically her parents failed to recognise her when they saw her post surgery!

What did Gina Carano do? I knew she got poo poo canned for saying something but I’ve never been remotely interested in any of the terrible SW tv shows.

she went chud over covid poo poo and then compared anti vax stuff to surving the holocaust. now she basicaly trys to make money off chud movies.

Tara strong is doing the same poo poo. some of it i can sorta understand but then she basicaly started screaming about how the muslims were gonna kill all the jews everywhere. then she got booted off an upcoming indie animation and got pissed.
https://twitter.com/sepiacense/status/1711807072759939341
https://twitter.com/IndieIANNetwork/status/1712905218898190827
she was always kinda nuts so i am not shocked she went down this path.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ah, the ol' "I support Israel in the USA and am therefore the most marginalized of all Jews in history" act

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It’s irritating when the bar you work at finally decides to finally get rid of the full bottle of Crystal Skull that’s been collecting dust, because you ask people if they want a shot or drink with it at a discounted price and then you have to hear the same “no but I’ll take the cool bottle hurrrrr!” joke 100% of the time.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
John Landis’ directing career died when Vic Morrow was decapitated, I forgot about that.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Edward Mass posted:

John Landis’ directing career died when Vic Morrow was decapitated, I forgot about that.

And his son's directing career ended with Bright lmao.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah Tara strong got into weird veteran affairs with a chud husband or some poo poo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

How does someone even gently caress up a western

You literally just put people in suits in New Mexico and then subject the characters to greater and greater levels of hell

One of the things he did was have them tear down and rebuild the entire main street set because he wasn't happy with the width of the street.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jestery posted:

Yeah Tara strong got into weird veteran affairs with a chud husband or some poo poo

like she doesnt tend to post chud poo poo normally, she is mostly loud liberal lady which is fine, i vaguely remember reading about her posting weird horny poo poo as her characters(specifically the one from mlp) sometimes. also apperently she dived into the cospiracy hole during covid.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

emSparkly posted:

It wasn’t being a sexpest since that doesn’t really get you fired.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

emSparkly posted:

he only wrote that, david ayer directed

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

emSparkly posted:

oh boy thats a fun story. so my gfs step dad was college friends with him(my gfs mom wanted a younger man and chose a weird goon and he MIGHT be reading this) any way step dad was friends with him in college and apperently Max has like brain thing thats basicaly like super rage bipolar or some poo poo so he loving flips emotions real loving fast, anyway he got his cat from max because max broke up with a girl and took her cat and i guess she didnt give a poo poo because the cat died like a year ago while living with step dads mom. also the went their seperate ways because he wanted step dad to do some hosed up poo poo as "revenge" on a girl he broke up with.

unrelated but step dad is also related to smedley butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

he only wrote that, david ayer directed

i love how people still want the "AYER CUT" to that awful suicide squad movie. like lol