Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dr_rat posted:

They should open them up in old blockbuster locations just to really point it out to everyone how loving stupid this is.

unfortunately they've all turned into Sherwin Williams or Dunn Edwards stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
they've had some stranger things popup shops show up a few times but I cannot fathom what other beloved Netflix IP could pull in the foot traffic needed to justify multiple permanent locations

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Id kill for a mst3k mecca, oh Netflix? gently caress you!!!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dr. Killjoy posted:

they've had some stranger things popup shops show up a few times but I cannot fathom what other beloved Netflix IP could pull in the foot traffic needed to justify multiple permanent locations

the only other IP i can think of is squid game but murdering 99% of your customers probably isn’t financially viable

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Jel Shaker posted:

the only other IP i can think of is squid game but murdering 99% of your customers probably isn’t financially viable

I think this is literally the first time I've seen something that made me think about squid game this year

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Great British Bake off bakery and coffee shop

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

That’s cool

I wonder if they fixed the glitch where you could buy a Tesla in CDN money and they refunded in USD

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Redoing Planet Hollywood in 2023 is certainly a choice.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I imagine the ‘immersive’ thing will just be a projection/light show in a big room, like those ‘immersive art’ rackets where they make a buck off non copyrighted art

They already tried it with Stranger Things

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/ESYudkowsky/status/1712908282581631372
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1713127097802134004

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

what the gently caress

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

lmao that the guy behind Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality guy is someone you’d expect in this present day

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU&t=58s

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Netflix store sounds like a Disney store. Not a crazy idea since they seem to want to own all the entertainment franchises like Disney does.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The gently caress is that thing next to his checkmark?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mark of the simp

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol, he just renamed it, it existed before elon took over. He is the best in the world at this poo poo.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

evilmiera posted:

Apparently it's the stop button emoji lmao

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

evilmiera posted:

https://emojipedia.org/stop-button#technical
yudkowsky called for airstrikes on anyone training AI better than GPT-4 so i assume it relates to that

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

evilmiera posted:

📋

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/RoyLuis189407/status/1712964114375405946?t=5hJrSEB54ZuN1LwRpa2P3w&s=19

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
im outside walking my dog just now and ran into the cybertruck irl. it’s loving ugly and stupid as poo poo, worse than what I even thought it’d look like

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lol, he just renamed it, it existed before elon took over. He is the best in the world at this poo poo.

Perhaps BirdwatchCommunity Notes could add context to that tweetX, pointing out that Elon didn't make it?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

why do people like this exist?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Spergin Morlock posted:

because God is real and he loving hates us for some reason

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Movies and games where you shoot the highlighted weak point
As opposed to Rudy Ray Moore shooting pellets at the hood of a Chevy causing it to turn into a fireball out of shame for not being a self driving deathtrap

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Spergin Morlock posted:

Musk can solve all problems.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/744551674082136066

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://emojipedia.org/stop-button#technical
yudkowsky called for airstrikes on anyone training AI better than GPT-4 so i assume it relates to that

Maybe he meant "Stop the Checkmark" which I think we can all agree on.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Thrust via bought confidence

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

im outside walking my dog just now and ran into the cybertruck irl. it’s loving ugly and stupid as poo poo, worse than what I even thought it’d look like

turn off your mo.... hmmm. ok i got it. don't stare square onto the cybertruck panels. yeah that's it. :smugmrgw:

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
brb, gonna drive around the lake

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Spergin Morlock posted:

The short answer is capitalism.

The long answer is: just as capitalism divorces the laborer from the value of his labor, so does it divorce the capitalist from the value of the laborer's labor. This creates a bunch of run-on effects, one of which is a middle class that does not understand how production works, or really, how much of anything works. Capitalism permits this middle class to exist in a bubble of reality, where every story that makes them feel better is objectively true, and anything to the contrary is a temporary problem that can be solved by talking to the right person. These people are insane, and will kill us all for their delusions, but there is not much that the individual can do except hold them in pitiable contempt. Or contemptible pity. Either or.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ben shapino posted:

he's seen your posts

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ben shapino posted:

it's because he reads everyone's posts (except for mine)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

RandomBlue posted:

he's seen your posts

i sure hope so

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol yell yeah netflix theme parks

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've read that Netflix tweet like 6 times and I'm still not able to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I've read that Netflix tweet like 6 times and I'm still not able to understand

Blockbuster with a different color scheme, more expensive junk food, and a small 3-D theater that shows a 20-minute Stranger Things supercut on a loop