Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wait a sec I think Wrio's catalyst might be Klee's new BiS in a Furina team with march hunter. Think I'm gonna get it! (Don't roll on weapons banner!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

sushibandit posted:

IIRC his "charged" elemental skill generates more energy than just tapping, but you only need to hold the control for a brief moment to count as "charged", not do the whole extended charge+animation. Higher base damage from the 5* sword may well be worthwhile over fav if you use that method, then again in the overworld it doesn't really matter so...
I think his tap E generates either 2 or 3 particles and charging it to stage 1 guarantees 3. But part of the point of the tap skill is how fast it comes out and then lets you switch off Bennett to funnel the particles, so I don't know that it's worthwhile to do that for particle consistency alone.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

So hadn't spent any wishes or primos in...probably ages, since Al-Haitham, and pulled Finger Gun in a single 10 pull, so threw another 10 pull at the weapon banner because I am already have enough to guarantee Furina and ended up with a Staff of Homa.

I don't have, nor am I interested in, Hu Tao but I assume the monster of a stat stick this thing becomes is probably good on a few other spear users?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

Ehhh. If you wanna 9 star floor 12 you do need decent artifacts. Not hyperoptimized ones but decent ones.

Or go hyperbloom. Main stat only ahoy.

Beluga Snail posted:

So hadn't spent any wishes or primos in...probably ages, since Al-Haitham, and pulled Finger Gun in a single 10 pull, so threw another 10 pull at the weapon banner because I am already have enough to guarantee Furina and ended up with a Staff of Homa.

I don't have, nor am I interested in, Hu Tao but I assume the monster of a stat stick this thing becomes is probably good on a few other spear users?

Yes, most of them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/pubhtml?gid=654398186

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I really think Furina's eng VA is top notch for this role.

4.1 early archon quest spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnE1ZJwMzjs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

EN Furina is much more of a brat than the others who play her very pitiful and pathetic. It's not bad but she definitely feels like a much different character with the EN dub on. EN Neuvillette is way better than JP though, I will give the dub that.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the brat type works well for Furina who's trying to play a part with false confidence

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I do hope that I won't need to max out everything to get all of the poetry event rewards. The paintings and darts are straightforward enough, but the third award on the speed-kill game is out of reach for me.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well if all goes as planned tonight I should have 100% exploration in Sumeru after tonight session as only about 50 chests left in the video to go through in Realm of Farkhart or whatever and likely I have at leasy half of those already. As far as I know just need to find 15 more Dendroculus to get to level 10 and theres only Toki Alley Tales and the Sumeru equivalent book to find all the parts to in terms of exploration I haven't completed. Gonna feel good to get out of the desert and not grinding the game as much anymore every night. Still can't believe after all this time I'm only like q patch behind the current content instead of 4 or 5.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

delfin posted:

I do hope that I won't need to max out everything to get all of the poetry event rewards. The paintings and darts are straightforward enough, but the third award on the speed-kill game is out of reach for me.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. I don't even need to get ALL the rewards, like I don't feel the need for the crown, but I don't wanna miss out on maxing the weapon.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That event weapon is good for Wriothesley, right? I know the ER on it isn't great for him but it's up there with Widsith in terms of 4*? I don't have Wanderer's weapon and there's no way I can pull Wriothesley's own weapon having just pulled Homa so I'm limited on choice. Lost Prayer is my only 5* catalyst.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Im not exactly sure how the combat event works, but if you have Venti I’ve just been succing all the enemies and getting full reward that way. I think it’s that small enemy kills damage the large enemy, but I’m not sure.

That said I would be really surprised if you had to get full rewards for anything at this point. They regularly make sure that the lowest rewards give you everything up to the point that the hardest challenges give you practically nothing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Guess which Fischl deals more damage per second.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
The damage per hit on the second one should be so much higher there is no way 17% crit rate makes up the difference. Even more so with quicken in the mix.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AParadox posted:

The damage per hit on the second one should be so much higher there is no way 17% crit rate makes up the difference. Even more so with quicken in the mix.
True! I just havent had to run a <50% crit rate unit like this in so long it feels crazy!

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

True! I just havent had to run a <50% crit rate unit like this in so long it feels crazy!

I personally hate crit rate lower than 60% because my brain can't deal with inconsistency but fish would be the one exception if I had the same choice. She hits so many times if her a4 can be activated that her damage ends up being consistent anyway.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 14, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

AParadox posted:

I personally hate crit rate lower than 60% because my brain can't deal with inconsistency but fish would be the one exception if I had the same choice. She hits so many times if her a4 can be activated that her damage ends up being consistent anyway.

I just checked my entire roster. Fischl is my highest at 56%/93% (big chunk of crit rate from her weapon), Neuv now has 54%/90%, Xingqiu has 42%/54%, Yae Miko kind of stumbled into 46%/110% without deliberately trying for it. No one else is over 20% rate.

On the plus side, I did get Xingqiu to C6 just now. Only other one who's reached that is Fischl, and I think she's about C11 by now. The game just loves feeding her to me.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Looks like this event is paying off some really neat lore that's been around since 1.0 of the game! I still want to throw Mica into a locker and the feeling only gets stronger every new line of dialogue

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

Looks like this event is paying off some really neat lore that's been around since 1.0 of the game! I still want to throw Mica into a locker and the feeling only gets stronger every new line of dialogue

I’d love to know of the EN voice director told Mika’s VA to sound as annoying as he could, or if it was the VA’s decision.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

rio posted:

I’d love to know of the EN voice director told Mika’s VA to sound as annoying as he could, or if it was the VA’s decision.

I'm pretty sure Mika sounded more or less like a human in his first appearance during an event, then sounded like a muppet from his character demo onward.

Kale
May 14, 2010

4 Months in the making :eek:

It's been a slice Sumeru you basically a third of the playable map you

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Tampa Bae posted:

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

the only thing that would make him more pathetic is if he started whining about breaking his glasses

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Tampa Bae posted:

Xingqiu having just utterly godawful handwriting is funny whenever it shows up.

And I guess there's some stuff about the lady who's obviously an oceanid as well.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Xingqiu having just utterly godawful handwriting is funny whenever it shows up.

And I guess there's some stuff about the lady who's obviously an oceanid as well.
not just any oceanid The one from Springvale who Old Finch fell in love with as a child and also blessed Diona with the ability to make perfect drinks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Traveler's gotten a lot more spoken dialogue recently. Three lines this patch so far!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tampa Bae posted:

I haven't started the event yet, but Mika remains the one character I could care less if I ever pull or not (and is one of two 4*s I'm missing).

No Wave posted:

Traveler's gotten a lot more spoken dialogue recently. Three lines this patch so far!

Their VAs must be exhausted

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Sorry Hu Tao looks like Xiangling gets the Staff of Homa :suicide:

After some in-game testing I've determined my Hu Tao deals more damage with an r5 Dragon's Bane she does with Staff of Homa. I wasn't imagining it. I don't trust DPS calculators but in-game numbers don't lie. :monocle: The lost EM drops her damage so much before crit modifiers that it's barely coming ahead with crits. Testing vaporize damage in-game (Spiral Abyss 4-1) using the same artifact set, Staff of Homa :airquote: gains:

Above 50% HP:
-5.3% crit damage
-25.6% non-crit damage

Below 50% HP:
+7.2% crit damage
-15.8% non-crit damage :lmao:

Hu Tao's signature weapon is getting outclassed by a 4* weapon. I do have the option of dropping -10% crit rate for +75 EM to make up for the missing EM that's tanking her vaporize damage, but with Staff of Homa increasing crit damage while decreasing crit rate doesn't actually help her overall DPS. If I could farm enough to get a -20% HP / +80 EM artifact tradeoff then I expect I'll see better damage swapping to Staff of Homa. But when you have high quality artifacts finding anything equivalent or better is extremely difficult.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont like arguing too much in this thread but yeah homa's power level is overstated on hu tao and especially in general (characters who actually gain loads from their weapon are ayaka, lyney, yelan, neuv). Though even a homa skeptic like me is surprised DB is winning. I guess you really need EM sands with homa.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 15, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

R5 Dragon's Bane has a really strong passive that'll basically always be active, too.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Those numbers surprised me, since I tested the improvement my Hu Tao got back when I first got the Staff. Same test in spiral 4-1, used E a couple times until she was below 50% health and then hit her burst. Staff did 155.7k to the slimes, R5 Dragon's Bane did 133.1k. Seems like a pretty reasonable increase to me? I do see that the damage flips the other way a little bit on non-crits, but I mean, she crits most of the time. Noting that my Hu Tao is using an HP sands (156 total EM with Staff equipped); I'd expect it to be more in Staff's favor if I had more EM on her.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

You need to make up for the EM you’re losing when switching from r5 db to Homa. When I switched, still using an hp sands, I saw more damage from Homa but it was t as notable as I would have imagined. The loss of her EM was a reason and you can basically consider her wanting one artifact setup for db and another for Homa or you really want to take advantage of the weapon.

Also the switch from r5 the Catch to Homa for XL is not as good as Hu Tao switching from db to Homa - the Catch is just too good for her, and the loss of ER is pretty huge considering you want her ult up every rotation; otherwise you’re stuck funneling particles or some other time waster.

But Hu Tao is really good with r5 db so as long as you’re 36 starring it’s like just do whatever. If you want to really see the the big Hu Tao numbers though then catering the build to Homa is needed.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If I had a real intertwined fate I'd wish for hoyo to stop turning all my purples into weapons.

Also, allow for slot targeting while strongboxing artifacts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Also, allow for slot targeting while strongboxing artifacts.
star rail lets you do this but on the flipside it takes 10 artifacts to strongbox one instead of 3, so uh, pick your poison

Kale
May 14, 2010

I see what people mean about the 11-3 enemies being kind of overtuned. At least they made the stupid defense mission reasonable this time though. But you know Abyss sucks, what else is new. Back to the fun part of the game.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

rio posted:

You need to make up for the EM you’re losing when switching from r5 db to Homa. When I switched, still using an hp sands, I saw more damage from Homa but it was t as notable as I would have imagined. The loss of her EM was a reason and you can basically consider her wanting one artifact setup for db and another for Homa or you really want to take advantage of the weapon.

Also the switch from r5 the Catch to Homa for XL is not as good as Hu Tao switching from db to Homa - the Catch is just too good for her, and the loss of ER is pretty huge considering you want her ult up every rotation; otherwise you’re stuck funneling particles or some other time waster.

But Hu Tao is really good with r5 db so as long as you’re 36 starring it’s like just do whatever. If you want to really see the the big Hu Tao numbers though then catering the build to Homa is needed.
Yeah I have a really good Dragon's Bane build that meets 250 EM / 160% ER requirements and then focuses entirely on crit rate/crit dmg/HP%.

I'm sure that Staff of Homa pulls far ahead when you meet the EM / crit requirements. But it's dumb to run Hu Tao with over 200% crit dmg when you aren't even at a minimum of 150 EM and 65% crit rate. So incredibly dumb you might literally be better off with the Dragon's Bane. I thought this might happen and wished on Staff of Homa anyways :sigh:

Sanctum posted:

I want Staff of Homa [...] I dread the idea of re-gearing Hu Tao because she'll have no EM without dragon's bane. :ohdear:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Leakers have Chiori the Inzuman expat fashion designer living in Fontaine as the 4.5 Five Star now FYI. Pretty sure we still don't know what this character looks like but probably will soon enough. Based on descriptions of her running a tight ship and being a serious artiste/boss lady personality type that scares Lynette, I'm imagining something in the vein of Madam M from FFVII remake.

This is the character that forced some guy to have to change his Wanderer name btw, because he just happened to pick out a future character that was a year out from release back in May. Personally I don't think it was fair to give the guy a ban warning myself, like how could the person have possibly known that. If they want to protect the specific branding of a future character to that degree that they'd need the person to change their name off of that for Wanderer cause it might confuse somebody co-oping with them or whatever then if anything they should have given him a free name change item out of it I hope.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 16, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chiori's tentative design was in that big dump a while back, you can find it pretty easily. If I'm following things correctly leaks suggest that the next few patches will be 4.2 Furina hydro, 4.3 Navia geo, 4.4 Cloud Retainer anemo, 4.5 Chiori geo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

Chiori's tentative design was in that big dump a while back, you can find it pretty easily. If I'm following things correctly leaks suggest that the next few patches will be 4.2 Furina hydro, 4.3 Navia geo, 4.4 Cloud Retainer anemo, 4.5 Chiori geo.
the leaks to the end of fontaine seem to be

4.2 furina (hydro sword)
4.3 navia (geo claymore)
4.4 cloud retainer (anemo polearm)
4.5 chiori (geo?)
4.6 arlecchino (pyro polearm)
4.7 clorinde (electro)
4.8 emilie (a perfumer whos mentioned in lyney and lynette's voice lines) (dendro?)

and then we're off to natlan

plus some 4 stars like siegwinne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sandrone...:smith: