Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Don Pigeon posted:

I'm trying to imagine ground combat in the ruins of Gaza City and I don't see it going well for the IDF.

If this was the US Army going in, they’d launch WP at the rubble to clear out anyone hiding in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

i am harry posted:

thread title

no

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol if Syria and Lebanon were waiting for the IDF to enter Gaza.

that seemed pretty much inevitable once Israel declared that they were going to murder 2 million civilians.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Iron Dome is now Done, that is to say it has clocked out for today.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Nichael posted:

I think this is all true. I'd also guess that part of it is two rapist, demented Presidents in a row have done wonders to dismantle the mythology of American greatness. I don't think Bush was quite as transparent to regular people that the norms were bullshit immediately post 9/11. As Bush started to lean into more of the mask-off poo poo, we in turn started to reject the propaganda.

Anyway, that's a theory, I think there's many factors at play here for why people are more skeptical this time around. Perhaps people are just sick of America being involved in the Middle East in general too.

The Iraq War essentially fell apart when it went on longer than the country hoped for and people started learning things like the WMDs being a lie as well as the US essentially being responsible for some of the leaders and militant groups that have been loving up a number of countries. The image of Iraqi people with painted fingers showing they can vote has just withered away when you learn how many civilians died and how more hosed up Iraq got thanks to America.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Noah is right

Your gimmicks are getting worse. Shameful poster, probably friendless

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its like a nightmare

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

please, missiles launched from the direction of syria

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Danru posted:

Sorry I hate this garbage account but thought this was interesting, deploying experimental weaponry years before it's ready for service lol. IOF is nervous

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1713232476439466202?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

As this goes on and on and on I can only see more and more parallels. The MIC morons this whole time have been spreading seeds for a future 'My Tank is Fight!' book.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

please, missiles launched from the direction of syria

A missile-involved incident

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The Iraq War essentially fell apart when it went on longer than the country hoped for and people started learning things like the WMDs being a lie as well as the US essentially being responsible for some of the leaders and militant groups that have been loving up a number of countries. The image of Iraqi people with painted fingers showing they can vote has just withered away when you learn how many civilians died and how more hosed up Iraq got thanks to America.

The US instantly becoming furious about who won the elections was a funny crack ping as a team

Danru
May 23, 2022

evilmiera posted:

The Iron Dome is now Done, that is to say it has clocked out for today.

It can at most intercept I think 800 total, that's all 10 batteries around the country loaded maximally lol. Also its intercept success rate is variable and somewhere between 5% and 40% lmao. It was all an illusion, much like the IOFs vaunted military prowess

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Mr Hootington posted:

Another terrorist state in need of Joe biden's freedom touch

What the hell does South Africa think they know about what is and isn't Apartheid?? :mad:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

netanyahu fortnite skin

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Saucer Hovers posted:

its like a nightmare

It's something you would need a Witcher to dispatch.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Do liberals think a one state solution is ethnic cleansing?

More importantly they think return of refugees is ethnic cleansing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

hearing reports that bowser and bowser jr are aiding hamas terrorists and the mushroom kingdom has suffered massive casualties. many toads were beheaded

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

you cannot seperate the mushrooms from the toad heads.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Vox Nihili posted:

Do liberals think a one state solution is ethnic cleansing?

I've genuinely seen people lament that "israelis would become a minority in their own country"

"""in their own country""", anything that isn't total israeli domination is ethnic cleansing to these people, except actual ethnic cleansing which is fine.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1713274726527717805

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/markets/status/1713274524676882825?s=20

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lmfao, Israel was so embarrassed by their incredible fuckup they threw a hissy-fit and inadvertently started a war with Syria and Lebanon, didn't they?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
They’re going to run out of things to call Iron at some point

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

they have no choice. all israelis are drafted.

fucks sake lpzie

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Velvet Witch posted:

I've genuinely seen people lament that "israelis would become a minority in their own country"

"""in their own country""", anything that isn't total israeli domination is ethnic cleansing to these people, except actual ethnic cleansing which is fine.

"democratic takeover"

"majoritarian conquest"

"reverse apartheid"

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
If the lion of Damascus is truly set to enter the fray the Israelis would do well to reconsider their current course of action...

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

lumpentroll posted:

netanyahu fortnite skin

I thought there were rules against skins that massively increase collision boxes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Starsfan posted:

If the lion of Damascus is truly set to enter the fray the Israelis would do well to reconsider their current course of action...

Israel can't/won't nuke Palestine because of fallout/they want to occupy the land. Syria and Lebanon on the other hand....

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao, Israel was so embarrassed by their incredible fuckup they threw a hissy-fit and inadvertently started a war with Syria and Lebanon, didn't they?

The nature of fascism is embarrassment, victimhood, and self destruction.

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

FlapYoJacks posted:

while announcing they are massing their troops away from the syrian and lebanese border with time frames.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

OrangéJéllo posted:

while announcing they are massing their troops away from the syrian and lebanese border with time frames.

they've been learning from the Ukrainians lol

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Iron dope

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
How much of an actually army/infrastructure does Syria have after a decade plus civil war. Also, America did say they would help bomb shiite miltias in Lebanon and Syria if Israel is attacked.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

40 ish maybe. it's not a semi truck tire, that's something from a light truck or trailer
it'll tip over really easily without a wheel in it, the wheel rigidity and inflation is what keeps the rotational inertia aligned and have a low rolling resistance and have such a destructive impact
without a wheel it's constantly flexing inward from the top and deforming the sidewall irregularly, pushing and bouncing off against itself and redirecting momentum off axis with its direction of travel
that's why it gets all wobbly and stops gaining any speed while rolling downhill, does that lazy upward bounce over the curb & doesn't even shift the suspension of the truck it hits even tho it completely changes its direction of travel - its unstable as gently caress and isn't holding onto its shape or momentum well at all, all you have to do is deform it momentarily and it'll completely redirect it

Oh wow 100 lbs of tire striking a glancing blow at the wheel of an armored truck didn't shift the suspension? Amazing.

It sure loving ragdolled the idiot soldier who put his foot in front of it though

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

angerbot posted:

They’re going to run out of things to call Iron at some point

being told Israel is type shifting to steel

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1713275164383907844

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

How much of an actually army/infrastructure does Syria have after a decade plus civil war. Also, America did say they would help bomb shiite miltias in Lebanon and Syria if Israel is attacked.

i recall that syria actually kept most of their heavy armour away from fighting only bringing it out to blast aleppo, so probably a lot stronger than people expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:qq: