Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

Had a migraine take me out of commission for an entire day this week. Migraines aren't super common in my family, so I was looking into it and apparently the type I had (cluster+one eye) could be a pre-ovulation migraine? Check the calendar aaand... period is a week late, but all the other egg drop signs have shown up since.

I'm 34, what the fresh hell is this? Now I get to suffer as far out from shark week as possible, too?! I've also been having extra heavy, hellish weeks that are completely over in 2 days for almost a year now, I can't decide if that's a good thing or not. :T

if it's one thing I've learned over the years personally, my period and its attendant bullshit likes to change every few years. Different frequencies of cramps, pms, symptoms, post rag bullshit. This apparently can change post kids, and even between kids! Clearly we are all living testaments to women being badasses because if we were weak and died to this poo poo natural selection would have weeded it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My IUD is gone. I'm really hoping it was a source of some of my medical issues, although I also don't because it would suck that that's even a thing that can happen. I'm actually fully medication-free now for the first time since 1999. It's also going to be really weird having to use period products for the first time in over a decade.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

My IUD is gone. I'm really hoping it was a source of some of my medical issues, although I also don't because it would suck that that's even a thing that can happen. I'm actually fully medication-free now for the first time since 1999. It's also going to be really weird having to use period products for the first time in over a decade.

Here's hoping you start feeling better!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
my sex ed in school was the boys in one room, girls in the other, the most base "man and woman have sex and 9 months later she has a baby" poo poo with some allusion of a man's thing going in where a woman pees from. and then a box of sanitary products given to all the girls, with the warning if the dudes made fun of us at all or made any mention of the boxes, we were to report them asap to a teacher and they'd get suspended.

I remembered that part the most. Sadly none of the dudes said poo poo.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

in Grade 8 sex ed we got to handle lube and smeared it all over our faces

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wow goddamn the cramping is vicious, my IBS is going haywire, and my fatigue is through the roof. It's only been a day. I'm reading Mirena crash reports and apparently the next few weeks might get seriously rough due to my body not knowing how to produce its own hormones anymore. Definitely going to be taking it easy for a while.

And I'm still going through SSRI withdrawal to boot. I question my decision-making skills sometimes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
this thread, damnit. thankfully i had a pad with me today because guess who decided, hey, you're stuck at a car repair place all day, guess what you need!

no warning signs this time. maybe my covid booster a week and a bit ago hosed with that.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I get mean sometimes. I can't tell if I want a warm cup of tea, blanket and cuddle, or if I need you to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME.

It sucks I don't want to be mean.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I saw the gyno today to ask for a hysterectomy, and they AGREED.

I barely even had to plead my case! I'm thrilled it was so easy. I was terrified.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I barely even had to plead my case! I'm thrilled it was so easy. I was terrified.

Congrats!!

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
It's really "fun" being able to recognize that I'm just generally miserable and tired, so probably miserable to be around at the moment, and go out of my way to exclude myself for a bit... only to be asked 1000x why I'm mad. Who did the thing, what are you so pissed about? I'm not even being snippy or anything, I just wanted to take a nap! orz

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Congrats! I'm really glad and hope it works out!

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

It's a chunky one this month. Lot of what looks like blackberry jam oozing out.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My endocrine system is a coward and a traitor
"take care of your body it works hard for you!" mine doesn't

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

So at the start of your period all your hormones are at a low? That's weird bc I feel so ~clean~ at the start of my period and my body image issues are also at their least severe during my period. My body just does not want hormones present I guess

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Are SSRIs the only thing doctors will recommend for PMDD?

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Solefald posted:

Are SSRIs the only thing doctors will recommend for PMDD?
I think it's the only thing on-label for it

My BC pills really did the trick, but it seems like that's a really uncommon result :(

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My left ovary has been screaming at me since Friday last week. I left it go for a few days thinking it'd eventually go away, but it hasn't. I'm having trouble bending over comfortably as a result of it. I bit the bullet today and booked a doctor's appointment, but the earliest appointment I can get is next Tuesday afternoon. I'm gonna ask them about getting a hysterectomy during the appointment.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ayin posted:

My BC pills really did the trick, but it seems like that's a really uncommon result :(

Yeah, unfortunately hormonal contraceptives didn't do anything to help and I'd just bleed 24/7 lol

I came off SSRIs last year and they did nothing to help either (I have tried every single one and dosages over the course of 11years) so I'm losing hope on finding anything to help.

I've been pretty vigilant on keeping myself safe during my luteal phase but I still slip up and I just want to explore some options and hopefully find some level of peace eventually.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Maigius posted:

It's a chunky one this month. Lot of what looks like blackberry jam oozing out.

I find that kinda weirdly satisfying in a way. Like hell yeah, look at *that*

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Solefald posted:

Yeah, unfortunately hormonal contraceptives didn't do anything to help and I'd just bleed 24/7 lol

I came off SSRIs last year and they did nothing to help either (I have tried every single one and dosages over the course of 11years) so I'm losing hope on finding anything to help.

I've been pretty vigilant on keeping myself safe during my luteal phase but I still slip up and I just want to explore some options and hopefully find some level of peace eventually.

May not be an option for you for many reasons, but honestly, weed gets me through the months I ADHD out of forgetting my refills.

Totally understandable if it's not for you/not an option, but it does help me.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

cool kids inc. posted:

May not be an option for you for many reasons, but honestly, weed gets me through the months I ADHD out of forgetting my refills.

Totally understandable if it's not for you/not an option, but it does help me.

Yeah I didn't mind weed but it just never worked well for me. I haven't really found any substance that has helped with anything. Oh dear. I just wish I could be locked up for my entire luteal phase and kept safe :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4815371/

You could try a high dose of vitamin d and e and see if it helps. Probably not, but it's cheap to try

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1701282609324597512

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ayin posted:

I'm on month 2 of BC for PMDD and it's working so far. Course that tricky bitch of a uterus may change her mind, who loving knows?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Yay, I've got my period and a bruised tailbone, gonna be a good week for me

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Yay, I've got my period and a bruised tailbone, gonna be a good week for me

Oof, been there.

I know it's stereotypical but I binge on dark chocolate. Like, the 90% type.

A Snickers works in a pinch though.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Treecko posted:

Oof, been there.

I know it's stereotypical but I binge on dark chocolate. Like, the 90% type.

A Snickers works in a pinch though.

Dark chocolate and cherry Pepsi are my go-to when my period gets bad. We're having a birthday dinner tomorrow, so I'm making a dark chocolate version* of the brownie recipe I posted a few weeks ago in this thread as the cake. It's a good thing it's for someone else, or I would eat half of it myself before it's fully cooled

* Swiss chocolate cake mix instead of German chocolate cake mix, use chopped up dark chocolate chips instead of regular mini chocolate chips, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the cake mix

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Had another migraine yesterday that felt exactly like I'd slammed my head on my desk. Woke up today to shark week! My whole pelvis feels freshly bruised, with just the occasional stabbing.

We're fools to try and schedule or measure anything about these stupid human bodies, they're as unpredictable as the weather :argh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I forgot how extreme my hormonal rollercoaster was because it was under control for so long until now.

I'm so unbelievably sad. Haven't felt this level of heartache and anguish over nothing in over a decade. And I have no idea what to do about it other than ride it out.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

It's getting close to period time and one of my boobs is firmer than the other.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else have like no appetite when on shark week? I force myself to eat something but it's like my body decides nah, we don't need anything, just drink when thirsty and maybe suck on a chocolate if you need a boost.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Absolutely nowhere on the pages-long consent form I had to sign to transition that included everything from the expected and supurfluous "hey, you're gonna' get tits," to the horrifying "oh, by the way, you're gonna' get a pituitary tumor at some point" was there any loving mention of the fact that trans women get periods.

Periods are fuckin' bullshit. Fully one fourth of my life sucks. That's a marked improvement from all of it sucking before, but god drat.

And cis men are so skeeved out by this poo poo that when I tell them I get them, their first loving words are almost always "GROSS!" And like, dude. You know I can't bleed, right?

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 5, 2023

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

LividLiquid posted:

Absolutely nowhere on the pages-long consent form I had to sign to transition that included everything from the expected and supurfluous "hey, you're gonna' get tits," to the horrifying "oh, by the way, you're gonna' get a pituitary tumor at some point" was there any loving mention of the fact that trans women get periods.

Periods are fuckin' bullshit. Fully one fourth of my life sucks. That's a marked improvement from all of it sucking before, but god drat.

And cis men are so skeeved out by this poo poo that when I tell them I get them, their first loving words are almost always "GROSS!" And like, dude. You know I can't bleed, right?

Periods do indeed suck, and I don't even get the really bad stuff like crippling cramps.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It's that time of month again!

To get crushingly depressed and pray for my period to show up for relief

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Time to eat all the chocolate in sight and live in a warm cozy sweater

Warm ginger tea helped me, might be worth a shot.

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

fake edit tl;dr - I legit cried at the gym a couple days ago.

Gym Tip: If you're repeatedly hurting yourself and your form seems fine, check your grip!

Anyway, the split second zero-to-waterfalls means shark week is probably showing up around my b-day :ohno:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Over 5 weeks since the IUD get yeeted and I have yet to shed a single drop. I fully expect it to happen next Tuesday, because I'm traveling overnight to a different city to see Depeche Mode.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

LividLiquid posted:

You getting more angry or sad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I think I remember my great grandma said her home remedy for period cramps was flat Coke and dramamine.