Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i support the terror based economy and all of the world being dissolved into violent extremist groups trapped in eternal blood feuds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

I don't think there's really a problem, but i think conversely there's the perception of one because we actually do a pretty good job of even hitting the small or accidental occurrences here compared to other subs. Anyways a flat ten dollar tax for even accidentally NWS is good overall in the grand scheme of things and people here won't have too much problem not going afoul of it I assume

is this forum wide?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

look at those 🤡🤡 in their 🤡🚙🚙 from there 🤡🎪🎪

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

speng31b posted:

I don't think there's really a problem, but i think conversely there's the perception of one because we actually do a pretty good job of even hitting the small or accidental occurrences here compared to other subs. Anyways a flat ten dollar tax for even accidentally NWS is good overall in the grand scheme of things and people here won't have too much problem not going afoul of it I assume

This seems like it's just an incentive to ignore small or accidental occurrences because why would I as a poster want to give a $10 tax to somebody just because they didn't click through a link on a tweet they weren't even trying to embed? I don't think you can enforce the rule effectively without our help except the most egregious cases, so...?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

hasidic anti-zionism is cool and good

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

is this forum wide?

doesn’t look like it because the last page of the dnd thread has people linking lots of gore, it just isn’t embedded

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/ABC/status/1713300164390035556?s=20

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

inferis posted:

doesn’t look like it because the last page of the dnd thread has people linking lots of gore, it just isn’t embedded

make a sad thread :twisted:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
did you guys notice we now have a 4K upscaled permaban image

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

speng31b posted:

i mean as long as the admins know whats up then it's fine i guess

but lol at the sheer bloody minded attempt to make CSPAM the problem forum when d&d and gbs poo poo themselves to death on day 1

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

smarxist posted:

did you guys notice we now have a 4K upscaled permaban image

no

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

Seems like there's a big influx of posters I dont normally see around cspam posting here. I dont explore around the forums much these days but im guessing this is one of the last places where you are allowed to have any sort of nuanced view?

The d&d thread is tedious beyond belief even if you share their view, gbs banned the topic, and I don’t know how many people even think to look in the military or gun subs for these kinds of threads

So I think this is just where people wind up

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Brandon abandoning Americans to die because they're the wrong ethnicity

Libs would at least pretend to be upset about this if Trump was president

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Regarde Aduck posted:

but lol at the sheer bloody minded attempt to make CSPAM the problem forum when d&d and gbs poo poo themselves to death on day 1

the 40 beheaded babies thing just kicked things into overdrive

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

almost home from the rally in DC. marched around for a while, I’m poo poo at estimating crowd sizes but at least a couple thousand. feels inconsequential but still

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

lmfao

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Death By The Blues posted:

ok fine they are bombing Iran

John McCain is finally vindicated

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

inferis posted:

interesting

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

inferis posted:

hmm interesting, still posting links to killings at the festival

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^^ That gore is okay because it reminds people why Israel's genocide is sadly necessary

(for real though, stuff like that really does make me wonder if it's being posted - and allowed - deliberately for that purpose)

silicone thrills posted:

Seems like there's a big influx of posters I dont normally see around cspam posting here. I dont explore around the forums much these days but im guessing this is one of the last places where you are allowed to have any sort of nuanced view?

The D&D thread is really loving bad. Even worse than I expected and I regret looking at it just now. It almost appears like people deliberately acting out some exaggerated leftist caricature of liberals.

Edit: I really can't understate my disgust towards the people who are still like "I have never been as upset and disturbed as I was at Hamas's crimes..." while Israel is literally in the process of attempting to exterminate every man, woman, and child in Gaza. Just the most vile scum imaginable.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Oct 14, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Regarde Aduck posted:

this thread likely has the best opinions on the gaza war that you can find on any corner of the internet. it's the best this dumb website has to offer.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hopefully youu see it under your name some day
https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/svgs/permabanned.svg

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

not only can we have our lives ruined if we don't support a foreign country over our own, our own government is cheering them on killing OUR OWN CITIZENS

gently caress!!!!!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

fits my needs posted:

they always do

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

Unlike Biden's America, refugees are welcome here in cspam

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Now that bombing Iran is happening can we talk about how they’ll bring back the draft? Because there’s no way that they can invade Iran without a draft.

Also I want everyone to apologize to me for dismissing my concerns out of hand

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
wonder how long before the French carrier makes it there

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

someone linked that Trevor Moore sketch with "baby skull seeking bullets", but i can totally just hear his slimy marketing douche character pitching something saying "forty beheaded babies!"

:rip: Trev, knew too much

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PawParole posted:

Now that bombing Iran is happening can we talk about how they’ll bring back the draft? Because there’s no way that they can invade Iran without a draft.

I don't think they going to invade Iran.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

wait, Biden is seriously going to bring back the draft just to invade Iran? lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they aren't invading Iran. that dream died in Iraq and Afghanistan. they might kill a bunch of Iranians though.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

PawParole posted:

We all have to eat as much burger as possible, in protest, to make ourselves too fat to fight

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1713308994712846487

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Venomous posted:

wait, Biden is seriously going to bring back the draft just to invade Iran? lmao

This is true

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

seems like a smart idea to continue lashing out in insane ways

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea its less going to invade Iran more so just bomb it non stop. Israel has bombed/attacked Iran a ton 2020 and there hasn't been much of a response, they will see how far they can push it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tatankatonk posted:

We all have to eat as much burger as possible, in protest, to make ourselves too fat to fight

way ahead of you bud

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

PawParole posted:

"How does this affect me, an American, the protagonists of the world?" Is still extremely loving gross.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The empire would be way harder to maintain with a draft. No one in American wants to be loving drafted.