Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

I see the last part of the presentation is when you input your crotch into the projection device and it outputs TRUTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Mercury_Storm posted:

I see the last part of the presentation is when you input your crotch into the projection device and it outputs TRUTH

no you gotta put your balls inside the fuckin thing.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shame Boy posted:

also it's a small detail but i do like how all the lil' icons they used for the webcams and projectors and computers and stuff look like they're from 2004

they're very similar to ms's evolutions on theiconfactory windows xp icons

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hammerite posted:

i liked the bit where there was a cavity and/or an orb

you rang?

It's all fun and games until the orb hits the cavity

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1713273141118509317
https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1713273834239860875

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/molly0xfff/status/1711529124425089460
code is truth etc.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

mycrimes.bat speedrun holy poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
eh we already went over that like last week lol just based off of an even shittier screenshot and more hearsay

but still accurate though. yospos analysis stays winning

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
fraud.commit()

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

JAnon posted:

no you gotta put your balls inside the fuckin thing.

"balls don't lie" was a shakira b-side that never charted.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
sorry but this is all i see

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
four day simultaneous truth orb

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think it's supposed to be a girder.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Airconswitch posted:

fraud.commit()

what do you think SBF's fraud commit comments were?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

everybody else mashed betray as hard as they can as soon as they can, it's a marvel

sbfemtosecond: the least amount of time possible between entering the goodest boy's crime radius and betraying the goodest boy

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Cantorsdust posted:

what do you think SBF's fraud commit comments were?

lol if you think that sam can code anything more complex than mycrimes_alt7-rev2-final-final.xlsx

but they did post some of gary's commits

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
x2 really want to see the commit history for the insurance scam

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Airconswitch posted:

fraud.commit()

Mods new thread title please

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

crime++

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Airconswitch posted:

fraud.commit()

mrmcd posted:

Mods new thread title please

yeah this lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wasn’t “rug pull request” one of the previous titles?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

qirex posted:

wasn’t “rug pull request” one of the previous titles?

yeah at least once. there have been so many i wouldn't be surprised if we recycled a few

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Airconswitch posted:

fraud.commit()

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Airconswitch posted:

fraud.commit()

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Airconswitch posted:

fraud.commit()

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

drk posted:

lol if you think that sam can code anything more complex than mycrimes_alt7-rev2-final-final.xlsx

but they did post some of gary's commits

that's garywang!

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Xathal can explain is better than Cathal

https://twitter.com/poliebotics/status/1713262712560460113

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ah I see

we're one childrens book away from this being wireless coin 2

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

make sure you watch the rest of the video and don't tune out during the crazy math part because boy does it go places

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
im the random golden spiral

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Boxturret posted:

ah I see

we're one childrens book away from this being wireless coin 2

This is a really complicated way to imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

is xthal the evolution of that xtal person that used to post here?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

M.O.A.D

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also y'all need to read the backstory that goes by way too fast, or at least the first one (though they're all pretty great)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

to sum up, he's batman and his superpowers were granted by fluorescent lights giving him a seizure, which lets him talk to the Green Orb which may or may not have been sent by god, and the Green Orb tells him things about reality by beaming them directly into his brain all at once which is annoying and hard to sort out. the Green Orb also wants to lead humanity to a better future, and the way he's working to do this is via a... VR show

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

imagine four cracked balls in an aluminium tin can

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Shame Boy posted:

also y'all need to read the backstory that goes by way too fast, or at least the first one (though they're all pretty great)

I don't like how much sense he's making. It is making me uncomfortable.

He is using the names of concepts to represent [systems of relationship] and [metaphorical representations] rather than [literal existences] of [actual things].

This is what happens when you're using the few semiotics you do have as euphemisms for things no language exists to describe and you're okay with losing some definition because the composite relationships of the constituent components creates context to clarify the thing being described, like a render-pass gradually becoming clearer.

As an example:

I cannot literally have "a blue day", but you know the feelings associated when I say "blue", so if I say I'm "feeling blue", its not literally the colour but the association of things attached to it.

As another example, when talks about a GAN, he isn't literally talking about actual generative adversarial networks, but zero-sum games of pattern against pattern, where who wins and who loses results in an action potential.

That's at least what I'm able to parse, anyway.

I'll take a crack at translating the first post:

quote:

He's essentially saying that he had a very strange sensory experience, and he's making the assumption that its possible for others to have it, in what I read essentially as him having a micro-seizure since the description matches what I would describe as a seizure from my own experiences.

He underwent a separation from his corporal schema, his concept of body. He then looked directly at his own ego, somewhere near his spatial processing, which he experienced directly without any kind of masking or removal of excess and overwhelming information, which I'd say is like trying to look at and make sense of a 4D object on a 2D screen and being confused.

He saw patterns emerge when the two systems crossed, where spatial reasoning could be used to make analysis of his own internal schema of identity, likely caused by different areas of his brain talking to eachother that usually don't, and that they had an interaction like particles in a system in the interpretation his spatial reasoning performed.

He describes them as what he's calling a "smooth machine", but he needs the Polish interpretation of polie/smooth for some specific reason relating to how he thinks of the word personally, and that they were things which "were always nearly here", and were the feeling of "haven't arrived yet" in location in that spatial reasoning system in his experience.

He's basically describing one part of his brain being interpreted by another, and he doesn't have the means to understand what he's seeing.

Its like the Egyptians witnessing the death of a star in the night's sky and thinking its the gods. From his standpoint, I don't think he has any way of knowing better, so to him its essentially a religious experience.

I could be totally wrong, who knows. Its just conjecture.

When you only have what you have, you can only describe with what you can describe.

It isn't happening, it only thinks its happening; When you think in thoughts, all you have is thoughts.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 15, 2023

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i sent it to expo70 cuz i knew she'd somehow be able to process it and yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

it's using a tin of marbles and a projector as a physical implementation of a one-way hash on video frames. the point of a hash function is that the function itself is known which i guess is why there are details diagrams on the construction of your marble tin. this will be secure because if there's one thing a computer cannot fake, it's the passage of light through a series of glass spheres.