Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Mind_Taker posted:

I wish they would have given him a penalty shot. Feel like there's a smaller chance of him converting than the Pens PP

You win the prize.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Karlsson is incredible

Dubas might know what he's doing

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.....the bottom 6 is still really questionable, but tonight has been much improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lindgren doesn't really look like an NHL goalie

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol PoJ definitely got away with one but Washington were probably owed at least that one and something else.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hypnobeard posted:

Gonna be a long season.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I would truly rather see another rookie on this team than Brendan Smith. Takes a dumb penalty up by one late in the third and now the game's tied

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

golly that's as soft as a call as they come

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There should be 3 periods of sudden death OT because the shootout loving sucks

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

lindy gets one game to turn this poo poo around

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

If they're going to pay Tom Wilson that insane contract then the least he can do is run some Penguins through the boards.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Diet Crack posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

If they're going to pay Tom Wilson that insane contract then the least he can do is run some Penguins through the boards.

not with hips like bags of gravel he can't

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

goddamn what a snipe by Smith
and Malkin is on fire tonight

I will attribute it to the fact that I am wearing my Malkin jersey

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Beat the traffic!

clap clap clapclapclap

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Penguins have cleaned a ton of things relative to opening night.

Oh wow Tom Wilson being a giant poo poo brick. Amazing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

$5 million a year to punch the back of a helmet

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

$5 million a year to punch the back of a helmet

:getin:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diet Crack posted:

It's so loving bad dude.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Something about these away jerseys is off and I don't like them. I think it's the lack of black piping and no outline on the sleeve numbers. They just look like cheap knockoffs if that makes sense?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Masterful work by Pierre Dorion, spending all the free cap space on Tarasenko so he can be centered by a dude named Rourke Chartier, who is 27 years old and had a career high 35 points in the AHL back in 2016.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Props to Andlauer for not just doing the easy thing and bringing back Alfie but also Lyndon Slewidge*.

Also drat Crunchyroll is kicking rear end today.

*ACAB

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Flyers you got a good goalie at least

Edit :siren: :siren: :siren: Sanderson!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

at least I’m going into this flyers season with zero expectations

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Brady and Chychrun in a race to be the first unspellable last name hat trick

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

triple sulk posted:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Sens good?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Panthers' D without its two best defensemen and the forward corps has less depth (no Bennett) and less star power up front with no Duclair this year. At least some things never change--Bob is playing exactly as poorly as usual.

They aren't a playoff-caliber team right now and it might be too late when Ekblad and Montour return. Ah well.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I would like to make the bold pronouncement that the new Sportsnet app absolutely sucks poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I hope we have a record high number of shootouts this season :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yes, Jeff, remind me of the coach that I wanted versus the two that we got.

E- Jesus, Bread looks like he needs to be committing war crimes in a well-fitting tracksuit.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Welp, given how badly Trotz has burned the Preds to the ground, we've got no chance against Boston tonight

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

No Lindgren? Oh god no. That man is the glue that keeps this team together:argh:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Happy to have HNIC back I missed hockey

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

God I miss RDS carrying all 82 Canadiens games.
I don't care about these mediocre talking heads. Show me the goddamn season opening ceremony.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jesus Christ.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

WeaponX posted:

No Lindgren? Oh god no. That man is the glue that keeps this team together:argh:

So far so good.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBC putting an insane amount of pressure on Bedard to do something tonight

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

So far so good.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

It’s very nice that the Rangers added Gustafson to the blueline this off-season instead of let’s see, Nemeth, Harpur, Tinordi, etc lol