Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Death By The Blues posted:

Has like one Iranian even committed a terrorist attack on US soil? I mean I know its America and I am assuming the majority of them probably thinks they are Arabic and speak the same language.

No, which is why there is extensive brietbart adjacent fan fiction about how Iran is involved with the cartels or Venezuela and cia tier fanfiction about iran having something to do with Al qeada. mere factual innocence is no defense against an America that wants you to be the bad guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

didn't the top secret plans in Arabic also have an isis flag or something

lol

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

The D&D idiots are still debating whether or not the TOP SECRET (Written in Arabic) plans are real or not. :psyduck:

how could there be a debate? credible (white) reporters believe it. they should crack down on the conspiracy theories disputing it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
when the US special forces operation to rescue embassy hostages failed in Iran the Iranians captured a whole bunch of top secret docs from the wreckage of US helicopters including detailed plans of what they were trying to do so it's not unprecdented

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
there was that plentyoffish girl who stabbed a guy during sex over Soleimani

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

there was the youtube killer but i think she was just iranian american

wasn't she pissed at her ex-bf or something?

brain smoothie
Sep 28, 2023

mdemone posted:

not that I am aware of. also that would be really stupid, and Iran has been many things, but never stupid.

Haven't you heard? The enemies of the West are motivated by pure evil, not rational thought or strategy. Unlike the US, which only stumbles its way into committing mass atrocities completely by accident and always with honest intentions.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

mdemone posted:

didn't the top secret plans in Arabic also have an isis flag or something

lol

"Blacks Rule"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Best Friends posted:

No, which is why there is extensive brietbart adjacent fan fiction about how Iran is involved with the cartels or Venezuela and cia tier fanfiction about iran having something to do with Al qeada. mere factual innocence is no defense against an America that wants you to be the bad guy

in the 2nd sicario they kill a cartel guy and he drops a prayer rug

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ardennes posted:

The last election had 48% turnout which isn't really different than a lot of countries. There are obviously anti-regime supporters, but in all honesty, it really doesn't seem to be the majority.

Yeah but down from 73% in the one prior, that's a big change in 4 years.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
here's a contrasting article for the evacuation of israeli americans

https://x.com/USATODAY/status/1713336140365730114?s=20

quote:

“The United States has no higher priority than the safety of its citizens overseas,” said Stephanie Hallett, the chargé d'affaires ad interim at the U.S. Embassy in Israel, in a prerecorded address on Friday, when flights out of the region began. “Any American citizen needing the embassy’s help will get it.”

Ruth spent the week trying to escape, making calls to airlines. On Tuesday, an agent found them a flight the following day to Madrid through Tel Aviv. Flights they considered cost as much as $9,000, she said.

They spent a few days in Madrid, in a country Ruth had never visited. She didn't speak the language and she was tending to her daughter while trying to navigate the tragedy she'd left behind.

“I needed to take care of her and everything was super crazy,” she said. “I was going to the restroom to cry so she (wouldn’t) see me.”

The family has tickets to return to Israel in 10 days. Ruth said she felt optimistic that conditions could improve, but she wants the fighting to stop.

While officials encouraged Americans in Israel and the West Bank to register online, Hallett, from U.S. Embassy in Israel, acknowledged the challenges for Americans in Gaza, which remains under blockade, bombings and an impending siege by Israeli military. She encouraged Americans in Gaza to reach out to the American embassy in Israel online. Much of Gaza remains without electricity, which could make that request tricky.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i just checked and they seem thoroughly pro-palestinian

that a major switch wow

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Feels like they are expecting a larger war

https://twitter.com/Apex_WW/status/1713334404846620771

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Just wanted to say thank you for everyone that posted in this thread. Kind of hosed to realize how much my political views and general views on life have been shaped by this forum.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

salomoni in the bag

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

in the 2nd sicario they kill a cartel guy and he drops a prayer rug

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

D&d debating the authenticity of one of those old family circus cartoons where the kid wanders all over the neighborhood except someone has used a black pen to scribble a baclava and keffiyeh on the kid and label the final destination “biryani”

“Yes you can see here they used the teeter totter in the playground to get over the wall, thereby avoiding the patrolling IDF cat lazing beneath the slide. Ingenious and evil!”

brain smoothie
Sep 28, 2023

Best Friends posted:

I do seem to remember a certain incident involving Iran, arms sales, and a certain Latin American country... seems like there's no need to look into this any further, they're clearly guilty

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
mamma Mia

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

We would never say the n-word

There's been a multi day discussion about the n-word in this very thread!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Milosh posted:

Just wanted to say thank you for everyone that posted in this thread. Kind of hosed to realize how much my political views and general views on life have been shaped by this forum.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

were all friends in cspam

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

brain smoothie posted:

I do seem to remember a certain incident involving Iran, arms sales, and a certain Latin American country... seems like there's no need to look into this any further, they're clearly guilty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1GfP5Rwys

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Zoeb posted:

To be honest, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but this website does not have a great reputation. I came here because I heard that the traditional games forum was really cool and it is. But I was wary of joining the website because I had heard that it was mostly edgy people that say the n word and the r-word all the time. I thought you guys were going to be more conservative than you really are. I kind of lumped you in with 4chan and 8chan.

just got a whiff of eau de rereg

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

just got a whiff of eau de rereg

you can tell wyhen they talk about the the fyad black mod using the n word, or people using the r word but dont mention that the thread trashcan subforum is called "the gas chamber"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Milosh posted:

cspam goes harder than lf did that's for drat sure

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you can tell wyhen they talk about the the fyad black mod using the n word, or people using the r word but dont mention that the thread trashcan subforum is called "the gas chamber"

there should be a vice article about the gas chamber imo

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

text editor posted:

there was that plentyoffish girl who stabbed a guy during sex over Soleimani

Who amongst us

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

more movies should have rpg loot rules

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

drat, is that E Wacker?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Weka posted:

Yeah but down from 73% in the one prior, that's a big change in 4 years.

It is also because there wasn't a real reformist candidate in the election. It isn't that there isn't a split in Iranian society, it just really doesn't seem like "no one" backs the government. It isn't that different than Turkey for example.

Also, the Eisenhower has 4 squadrons of actual fighters, the rest are support aircraft and helicopters. That would give 8 squadrons of F-18s in total, and a couple land based squadrons across the Middle East.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

makes u think...
scary if true...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

there should be a vice article about the gas chamber imo

that reminds me of this lowtax quote that's in the saclopedia

quote:

I still maintain that the Furry Concentration Camp, in which I told all furries they could avoid being banned if they admitted being furries and getting a Star of Yiff avatar, and then one day I changed all their account privileges to only be allowed to post in the Furry Concentration Camp, and soon turned it into the Gas Chamber and mass banned them, is one of the great things many people have forgotten about this forum's history

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Nobody should say the n-word except Bill Maher.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Typo posted:

I think it's mostly impressive that someone would pay $10 to join in 2023

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

this puts jerusalem around south bend so the only logical conclusion is that mayor pete is the true final prophet of abraham

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

zetamind2000 posted:

that reminds me of this lowtax quote that's in the saclopedia

well, he’s right that I forgot about that

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1712657060796543461?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Thread: West Bank violence/cleansing by settler subhumans
https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1713339601861988419?t=A_Owoyt8UOM3VcxBJ1KuYg&s=19