Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

This is my second favorite youtube video after :piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Whirling posted:

Wait, who's this... L-Lewis Lovhaug? Lewis Lovhaug?! Lewis Lovhaug! Oh my god, Lewis Lovhaug.

Happy 15th anniversary of that episode. :corsair:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

This is my second favorite youtube video after :piss:

MY FAMILY

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Having a falling dream into a Dahir Insaat earthquake bed is incredibly awful.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I love this video so so much. Every time I watch it I become obsessed with a new way that it is a terrible idea. This time I can't stop thinking about the sheer heart-pounding terror of being woken up by your mattress dropping out from under you as you fall into a tiny box and a metal lid loving SLAMS SHUT to seal you in. It is literally the worst possible way of being woken up I can think of that doesn't involve being physically injured. Even then I think I would rather be woken up by being slapped in the face really hard than by having my bed do this to me.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I like the one that turns the mattress into basically a cocoon that envelops you, making it impossible to get that food and water that's supposed to be under all of that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The 7th Guest posted:

speaking of Nyx Fears, she put out a new video correctly denouncing VHS 85 as trash which it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65wuPLAT6ko

like nyx i agree that it starts off great but the supernatural elements completely ruin what would have been a very cool more natural take on found footage horror. the stakes, the investment, the first two shorts have those through 80% of the stories, and then.... farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

the practical effects at the very end of technogod were funny though

I watched VHS 85 yesterday and while I agree that it's not really good I'm rolling my loving eyes at someone complaining about supernatural horror in a supernatural horror anthology series.

"I can't believe this loving Dracula movie has vampires in it."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

her biggest issue isn't even that, but that the stories have very poor payoffs, and just don't go anywhere super interesting. i disagree with her on dreamkill which i thought was the second worst short, but i understand why she liked it

i have a whole lot of thoughts on why 85 sucks but there's also a question of whether it was a smart idea for two VHS anthologies to be made back to back in one year. it's losing its appeal of "weird underground horror by directors with neat ideas and a vision" and is becoming just every other horror anthology, a shotgun blast of unspooky shlock that lacks any throughline. and also it sucks at being found footage! (aside from, as i mentioned, parts of the first two shorts, particularly the second short's ability to convey being trapped in a horrible natural disaster)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 15, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

OneMoreTime posted:

I like the one that turns the mattress into basically a cocoon that envelops you, making it impossible to get that food and water that's supposed to be under all of that.

Even if you could easily get to all the food and water like, I feel like a very key step has been passed over in going "oh hey you're trapped in a tiny metal crate and have days worth of provisions" and not answering... you know, where you're supposed to be doing your business after eating/drinking it? Do you piss out the vents? Are there little baggies for your poo poo, and if so how are you supposed to angle that correctly when you're trapped in the death cube? It really was the Titan sub before Titan was Titan.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I love Oney. They're one of my favorite 'N-word compilation' youtube groups.

same

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Genthil posted:

Happy 15th anniversary of that episode. :corsair:

Yay! I think I was like 10-12 or something when I first saw it? Can't remember.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait Linkara makes fun of himself all the time. Dude was probably just tired of the lightbringer meme.

Wait wasn't oney plays the people that defended Shadman the pedophile?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Maybe it's because the greenscreen running gif was Doug Walker's idea and not his?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ariong posted:

I love this video so so much. Every time I watch it I become obsessed with a new way that it is a terrible idea. This time I can't stop thinking about the sheer heart-pounding terror of being woken up by your mattress dropping out from under you as you fall into a tiny box and a metal lid loving SLAMS SHUT to seal you in. It is literally the worst possible way of being woken up I can think of that doesn't involve being physically injured. Even then I think I would rather be woken up by being slapped in the face really hard than by having my bed do this to me.

The detail that takes it over the top is the bed that has emergency food and water... under the mattress and completely inaccessible once you're sealed shut within the giant dark souls mimic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Annointed posted:

Wait Linkara makes fun of himself all the time. Dude was probably just tired of the lightbringer meme.

Wait wasn't oney plays the people that defended Shadman the pedophile?
and sent his followers after a trans cartoonist i know. gently caress him

unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDNnTrjc2A

this is wild. people are just copying each other's low-effort shirts and selling them for 3 bucks to the point where tiktok users are mad at anyone selling properly made t-shirts at normal prices

tiktok is like its own universe of madness

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 15, 2023

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

and sent his followers after a trans cartoonist i know. gently caress him

unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDNnTrjc2A

this is wild. people are just copying each other's low-effort shirts and selling them for 3 bucks to the point where tiktok users are mad at anyone selling properly made t-shirts at normal prices

tiktok is like its own universe of madness

Source please I am unaware of this.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
every time i hear about tiktok drama its a completely different tiktok drama than the last time. it's like the app was made to give teenagers and teens-at-heart specific, new, lab-created tumblr pathologies

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Impermanent posted:

every time i hear about tiktok drama its a completely different tiktok drama than the last time. it's like the app was made to give teenagers and teens-at-heart specific, new, lab-created tumblr pathologies

The tik tok ai voices are annoying as gently caress. Like drat designed to put things on mute. Not to mention the rampant misinformation and cults and pseudo remedy bullshit. Genuinely a cesspit of bad.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Annointed posted:

Source please I am unaware of this.
he got mad at mallorie of sweet beans comix for drawing a comic about a retail employee laughing at a news story about pewdiepie being robbed, and his fans went at her, including creating a "nice/new guy" meme based on the other character in the comic... basically a bunch of revenge art. then he got mad again when she posted a comic about writer's block where the character in the comic shoplifted from a national art store chain, and blasted it to his fans again, and she basically had to close her account and create a new one to escape the harassment (it was in the replies of almost all of her tweets). he didn't call them off and then made fun of people concerned, and tweeted "pronouns in bio" at critics

before social media i'd say that comics no longer had the power that the political comics of the early 20th century had, but i've seen enough people absolutely lose their minds to comics posted on twitter to change my mind

e: there's also this baffling interaction i forgot about, where oney believes trans people aren't oppressed

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 15, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whirling posted:

Wait, who's this... L-Lewis Lovhaug? Lewis Lovhaug?! Lewis Lovhaug! Oh my god, Lewis Lovhaug.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I like the Dahir Insaat Drive Through Market. Like, as much as everything Insaat is mind-bogglingly illogical, I dunno...this one takes the cake for me. It's not even so much the outrage of having a gigantic market where cars try not to crash into each other and try to choose from a revolving shelf of completely random items (that seemingly come from nowhere, or some unseen warehouse next door that's twice the size of the supermarket), or even the bit where every single item is bashing into each other at full speed on the conveyor belt in the most rear end-backwards system imaginable -- it's when the narrator proudly says that "Customers are PROTECTED against impulse purchases!". I imagine the meetings over the business plan and it's like...you proposed all of this craziness with the idea that the customer would spend LESS money in the store?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcuC-uz3pU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The bus that just has these extended poles to their wheels going up and down to avoid traffic is my favourite

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The bus that just has these extended poles to their wheels going up and down to avoid traffic is my favourite

The entire Dahir Insaat video catalog is basically just "An unrealistic child daydreams a bunch of unfeasible solutions to problems that do not actually exist."

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

he got mad at mallorie of sweet beans comix for drawing a comic about a retail employee laughing at a news story about pewdiepie being robbed, and his fans went at her, including creating a "nice/new guy" meme based on the other character in the comic... basically a bunch of revenge art. then he got mad again when she posted a comic about writer's block where the character in the comic shoplifted from a national art store chain, and blasted it to his fans again, and she basically had to close her account and create a new one to escape the harassment (it was in the replies of almost all of her tweets). he didn't call them off and then made fun of people concerned, and tweeted "pronouns in bio" at critics

before social media i'd say that comics no longer had the power that the political comics of the early 20th century had, but i've seen enough people absolutely lose their minds to comics posted on twitter to change my mind

e: there's also this baffling interaction i forgot about, where oney believes trans people aren't oppressed

Wow, Oneyplays is a real piece of work. loving rat bastard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

The entire Dahir Insaat video catalog is basically just "An unrealistic child daydreams a bunch of unfeasible solutions to problems that do not actually exist."

I'm rather fond of "Cleaning out your arteries with spinning metal blades to dislodge the fat" for the sheer :wtc: factor.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
MY FAMILY!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think it's a real bummer that the collective internet has the same attitude towards mass bullying that checked out and abusive school administrators did: "unless you ignore it it's your fault".

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Even if you could easily get to all the food and water like, I feel like a very key step has been passed over in going "oh hey you're trapped in a tiny metal crate and have days worth of provisions" and not answering... you know, where you're supposed to be doing your business after eating/drinking it? Do you piss out the vents?

Are there little baggies for your poo poo, and if so how are you supposed to angle that correctly when you're trapped in the death cube? It really was the Titan sub before Titan was Titan.

Considering you're trapped in a tiny metal box that is by now also buried by the debris from your now collapsed house, the answer is probably they didn't need to bother, you'll suffocate long before you need to piss

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm rather fond of "Cleaning out your arteries with spinning metal blades to dislodge the fat" for the sheer :wtc: factor.

That one is still my favorite. The first time I watched, I was alternating between laughing until I hurt, and cringing from the sheer wrongness of it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh my god, I've never seen the ones for the busses and plane before :stare:.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

This is the one I make sure to show mates, since they never can guess the end result. Because it's the stupidest thing possible. Especially the 'what if it was a gun, but without the barrel or the chamber or the 'gun' part of the gun?'

Also bonus 'ideal for domestic terrorism' application at the end. Like the hidden Katyusha ute they've proposed in other videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJaG7X6918

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh my god, I've never seen the ones for the busses and plane before :stare:.

I feel like someone planning to anchor flying vehicles to the ground hasn't really fully grasped the concept of "flying"

And the big buses are even more insane if you notice the rail they're following on the ground. It's like a tram, but stupid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
every so often the buses got posted on Twitter "seriously", and people fell for it every time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paingod556 posted:

This is the one I make sure to show mates, since they never can guess the end result. Because it's the stupidest thing possible. Especially the 'what if it was a gun, but without the barrel or the chamber or the 'gun' part of the gun?'

Also bonus 'ideal for domestic terrorism' application at the end. Like the hidden Katyusha ute they've proposed in other videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJaG7X6918

I love how they make a big deal of them being camoflaged, just to zoom in and show how VERY VISIBLE they are and immediately detected by a UAV :allears:.

I don't even know where to begin with "Grip bullet and shoot bullet" with no recoil, or shell ejection whatsoever though. For what you're building you could at least make up a fixed-barrel magazine-fed barrel with a lower profile or something. :cripes:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

i forgot this lol

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I love how they make a big deal of them being camoflaged, just to zoom in and show how VERY VISIBLE they are and immediately detected by a UAV :allears:.

I don't even know where to begin with "Grip bullet and shoot bullet" with no recoil, or shell ejection whatsoever though. For what you're building you could at least make up a fixed-barrel magazine-fed barrel with a lower profile or something. :cripes:

My pet peeve is the very low flying, very slowly unloading transport aircraft. Just taking their time, while flying over contested territory under threat of tank assault. Just doing their thing, while all enemy AA is apparently off to lunch. It's incredible. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Libluini posted:

My pet peeve is the very low flying, very slowly unloading transport aircraft. Just taking their time, while flying over contested territory under threat of tank assault. Just doing their thing, while all enemy AA is apparently off to lunch. It's incredible. :allears:

I quite liked the question of "So what happens when the parachute will clearly land on top of the machine, blocking the solar panels and weapon system?" getting completely side-stepped by the parachute magically landing behind it.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Nothing beats the Fruit Truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbl9CZ9tOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I quite liked the question of "So what happens when the parachute will clearly land on top of the machine, blocking the solar panels and weapon system?" getting completely side-stepped by the parachute magically landing behind it.

Which is then made irrelevant by the solar panels being covered by camouflage or turned vertical and off angle anyway.