Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

floppyspud posted:

They do, not even allowed to go on NPSI fleets (in goonswarm)

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Well what did you expect? That fun was allowed in goonswarm? You should know better than that

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I hereby give you permission to go on a npsi fleet

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Dalmuti posted:

I hereby give you permission to go on a npsi fleet

The worst thing that happens if you have fun playing EVE is that you get kicked out of 2:1 reddit:goon corpgoonswarm.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
if some director dipshit is acting like a dipshit because he is self-absorbed, then tell him such. There's no need to worry about backlash.
If a bunch of pubbie shitters start white knighting because he's important, tell them to gently caress off too.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
big shout out and thanks to the homies who have been showing up to my money printing fleets. ive been saving up that isk to buy us a roam fleet :getin:

psilocybin laden posted:

if some director dipshit is acting like a dipshit because he is self-absorbed, then tell him such. There's no need to worry about backlash.
If a bunch of pubbie shitters start white knighting because he's important, tell them to gently caress off too.

diplos exist to smooth over blue shooting. honestly if youre not shooting blues then youre putting their jobs at risk for lack of work.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
NPSI seems like... a drama creating engine. I guess this is what happens when you create a blue donut AND you hate your diplos.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

It's not really.

If the destination is your home, just drop out.

If you shoot one of the many light blues you made, people just need to get over it.

1 bomber out of 30 being blue isn't the reason you lost your orca.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
not posting shoot it

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
someone's starting to tickle the nepotism hornets nest on the Bad Site

i have GOT to do more wormholing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Always shoot blues

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Shoot blues tell vile rat

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Had a bit of fun today in FW land today, setting off quite a chain of events

For those that don't know FW, every few hours you get a plex spawn that pays up to 150000k LP per person and usually everyone rushes to do them. They always spawn after DT.

Today an FC decided to ignore the DT spawns to plex a specific system, so off minmil went to collect easy LP.

Meanwhile, we started running Listening Posts (mini krab beacons for FW) and eventually minmil spotted us on their way home from the battlefield they completed.

They leeroyed their kitchen sink fleet into our kitchen sink fleet and everyone kinda died and went to reship.

We spotted an open plex (any ship can enter) so decided to get some more firepower prepared.

I had a battleship lying around and 2 alts in a guardian, so I figured I'd go be bait.

Minmil decided to escalate and warp a Phoenix to the open (quite rare for FW) and we held it whilst we put a couple of dreads on ourselves...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/112325473/

It promptly died and unbeknownst to us at that moment, seemed to set off a few intel channels...

We correctly assumed minmil would reform into HACs, so we did the same. We had a bit further to travel so minmil got in the plex first. Oddly with many of their fleet left behind in staging so we sensed some kind of bait.

Fortuitously, 5 Vargurs unrelated to FW took the bait and Minmil immediately responded with a Zirn escalation.

We figured we needed to start moving ASAP and by the time we reached destination multiple BIGAB dreads were on grid.

There seems to be a new era of FW in light of the pirate announcements where min and amarr mils would prefer to work together to keep pirates at bay

We offered our help to minmatar and they politely declined, we decided to travel anyway as we can of course still shoot everyone and in the space of 1j minmil changed their tune and said come help!

This led to a pretty fun engagement and we manged to kill a fax along with some dreads.

https://br.evetools.org/br/652a985af2fe2705d565d67b

During the fight, another group of pirates came to help, along with a streamer fleet who also decided to dunk on bigab.

Granted, a BR of 150 vs 75 isn't the most impressive thing in the world but we had fun as we don't get to beat BIGAB often.

Intact, following that fight one of the pirate groups invited us to help defend a few timers against bigab, I missed most of the fleet, but seems bigab avenged their earlier losses

https://br.evetools.org/br/652b2adeda82cc06a1b8e1af

That being said, all 3 timers were saved so that was good as well, at least, until on the last structure one of the pirates pressed jump instead of bridge

https://zkillboard.com/kill/112338364/

Thanks for listening to my TED talk on the fun you can have in low sec

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

That being said, all 3 timers were saved

ya we (bigab) didnt kill the structure that the Great Jutsu TFI Feed of 2023 was over because we were on the way back from killing this https://zkillboard.com/kill/112336057/, so we had to stick a bash dread on the jutsu athanor last minute, and king dipshit seddow forgot to cycle the torps on his bashing phoenix, so it repaired

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 15, 2023

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

ya we (bigab) didnt kill the structure that the Great Jutsu TFI Feed of 2023 was over because we were on the way back from killing this https://zkillboard.com/kill/112336057/, so we had to stick a bash dread on the jutsu athanor last minute, and king dipshit seddow forgot to cycle the torps on his bashing phoenix, so it repaired

90% loot drop, nice work.

So did JUTSU lose a titan for no reason at all?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

jutsu was trying to bridge some griffins or something to jam off our guys because the structure had very little time left. had they done nothing, we would have killed it, and it repaired because we were busy, yknow, shooting the titan

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
The tfis were sirekur, the titan was gukarla

I knew the gukarla dread left it late and had to deal with the titan so was the non torp cycle in sirekur whilst you guys ate tfis?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

was the non torp cycle in sirekur whilst you guys ate tfis?

ya

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Delta Sqad once shot a dudes jackdaw because he was selling thrashers at a 300% markup and he almost quit the game/got delta sqad into trouble over it

Over a 100m isk jackdaw.

lmao

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Delta squad were right to shoot him

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

How does someone like that not just get trolled the gently caress out of the group?

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Excellent write up Armadillo, was one of yalls impromptu allies the space hobos? I have seen them around solitude recently

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

How does someone like that not just get trolled the gently caress out of the group?

goonswarm is a pubbie organization

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

goonswarm is a pubbie organization

Karttoon was always right

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Elchimpster posted:

Excellent write up Armadillo, was one of yalls impromptu allies the space hobos? I have seen them around solitude recently

Friend of a friend. In that specific BR the space hobos toons are all one person multiboxing all the toons. The main is LETUSDIG

I think he was in Jutsu for a bit and previously in minmil so well connected if something is going down in the area.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I hope none of you were helping SRS in Irnin tonight!

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Got another write up for us?
Oh and anyone got advice for reinforcing athanors with 2 characters? Im thinking about using 2 marauders instead of a dread. Theyre kind of expensive these days.
I have begun fueding with some russians and Id like to do some infrastructure trolling.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Elchimpster posted:

Got another write up for us?
Oh and anyone got advice for reinforcing athanors with 2 characters? Im thinking about using 2 marauders instead of a dread. Theyre kind of expensive these days.
I have begun fueding with some russians and Id like to do some infrastructure trolling.

Can't help with the athanors but I'll write up what I am aware of in Irnin.

This is a story about high sec war deccers getting their comeuppance. If you don't know who SRS are, they are the the equivalent of groups like BLACK FLAG who camp the pipe to market hubs. In this instance, SRS operate around the Amarr trade hub.

According to SRS themselves, they targeted us because we had a idiot... member who liked to run high sec missions from the amarr trade hub in this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/108751661/
Amusingly, this particular guy was on my hit list because he was never in fleets, discord, comms etc. (I thought he was a spy) The loss mail prompted me to DM him to ask him if he was able to engage with the corp, was finding everything ok and he elected to leave instead. I believe he was a really weird spy but I'll never know :D

Anyway, we would occasionally bait them and beat them up to try and get them to drop the war dec. https://zkillboard.com/kill/109277596/ but it just wasnt working.
That's when I decided to go on their discord and find out whats up and they said 1. they spotted the Marshall and 2. One of our guys called them high sec losers when we were baiting them so they decided to retain the war dec.

We are a pretty new bro friendly outfit and have people who go to Amarr on their mains (despite our hauling service, grr!) and I kinda wanted to get rid of this war dec for their sakes. Over time I have been invited into many anti pirate discords,but these usually turn out to be disgruntled people who cant really do anything. Eventually I get a DM from a member of DECOY who said they and Dead Terrorists are going to turn up with a thicc battleship fleet so if we can support that would be cool.

I think this newly formed coalition planned to shoot MSF, who are some other local pirate war deccers, get rid of that war, then isolate SRS but they lost a fight to MSF (I thought we were never going to shake the war dec at this point!!)

Eventually, I get a message that DECOY have managed to get phorde on board and an armor timer has been made on the SRS Fort.

Due to the high sec mechanics, you can only logi your own alliance so we just went in Jackdaws, essentially to whore on kill mails :D

Turned out to be quite a large grid, Horde came in tempests, goons/init came in vagabonds, FRT came in tornados.
As far as I'm aware, I think Tempest did most of the Armor timer, but eventually lost the horrible tidi fight to goons and FRT, the good news was that Goons finished the timer off anyway.

Here is the BR:
https://br.evetools.org/br/652fb3a0f31f5d0abe50804a

I would say the columns are 1. the pirates, 2. people who just showed up 3. People I was aware of coming with the intention to shoot pirates

Overall, lots of ships died and a hull timer was made. SRS committed their Megas once Horde vs Goons vs FRT seemed to finish, but the DECOY/DT leshaks melted them and then they carried on finishing the job.

Fast forward to yesterday, the hull timer comes straight out, a bit later than the armor one which was tricky for our primarily EU coalition. We had info that Horde were 50/50 as they had a null op to attend but eventually we got info that they had pinged for the high sec timer, great news!

It wasnt quite as busy this time

https://br.evetools.org/br/652f0d21483c230a390ce7d1

But critically, the job got done: https://zkillboard.com/kill/112417893/

If you've managed to keep up with my ramblings, then you might spot that the last BR is dominated by MSF, not SRS. Something that was a bit weird going through all this was that SRS kept moving war decs between backup alliances. Not sure if this was to perpetuate war decs after they lost the fort or a failed attempt to exploit the situation in some way. The other thing they did was move all their toons into MSF in order to logi each other through the fight

I suppose the lesson for me is that we should offer a war assist on someone fighting MSF next time as we didnt have a lot to do other than shoot a few missiles at the fort

But we were all pleased to see it die and we will see if we get a new war dec in a couple of weeks time I guess.

angry armadillo fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 18, 2023

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

angry armadillo posted:

If you've managed to keep up with my ramblings, then you might spot that the last BR is dominated by MSF, not SRS. Something that was a bit weird going through all this was that SRS kept moving war decs between backup alliances. Not sure if this was to perpetuate war decs after they lost the fort or a failed attempt to exploit the situation in some way

I was told this was so they could keep the wardec going, we're already wardecced by the new alliance. Gotta make the most of the 90% pvp drop event.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
That's the conclusion we came to also. We have 1 war Dec left which should expire in the next hour or 2. Hopefully we became enough of a bother and they ignore us

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Libluini posted:

Couldn't you get around this by staggering your bomber squads with some good timing? Send in a bombing run of 7x bombers first, and then send the second one in time to launch bombs, so the first wave is already safely exploded 1–2 seconds before the next wave hits, and so on.

Nowadays with voice comms and poo poo that kind of coordination should be possible. Just collect 49 friends and train them in separate squads against some dummy targets in your own space until the timing works, and you are go.

You get around this problem by putting your bomber wings at several different points on the grid with the people you are bombing in the center and setting up your warp ins so each wings bomb explosions overlap each other but the overlap doesn’t reach the other wings bombs thus exploding them.

This is the Vee/Kcolor method and it all got watered down because y’all put boat in charge of bombers and he’s not got the patience for grid prep that his predecessors did so he went with waves instead (far less effective).

But since the context is small gang my go to method for bombing a fleet with low resources was always to trick them into turning their MWDs on. Post up a in-line bubble like 15km from the gate where a fc may just go “gently caress it mwd on and burn to the gate” rather than bounce off a perch then aim my bombers between the gate and the bubble. I knocked out several TEST fleets this way in the 2013 fountain war.

At the very least they are going to be wounded and you’ll have killed off a good chunk of their T1 and sub cruiser hulls. Back in the day we regularly nuked BC fleets doing this.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 19, 2023

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I wanted to drive an alt in a DST into Frat staging for replacement ships at some point since I'm spending quite a lot of time there, but you can't share mobile depots, nor jettison them into space to be picked up, so there'd be no way to fit them. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Could you blow up a ship with it in the cargo hold and take the 90% chance it’d drop?