Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

Nuclear

negotiated settlement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1713359606934864156

Apparently the US has eleven carrier groups now, might as well send another couple while we're at it

only a third of them aren't in maintenance at any given time so its more like 3

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

God what a good lol

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Debbie Schlussel (born April 9, 1969) is an American attorney, author, political commentator, movie critic, TV host, and blogger. She writes movie reviews and commentary focusing on pop culture, politics, Islamic terrorism, American Muslims, illegal immigration, news, and sports.

swell

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Apparently the US has eleven carrier groups now, might as well send another couple while we're at it

lol if 3 carriers didn’t rattle anybody then 13 aren’t going to make much of a difference

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this is the end for nuclear george!!!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

George is an anti Semite. An AI should remove him from Seinfeld over this insanely insensitive statement against Israels divine right of God to execute the heretics

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

[mushroom clouds fill the horizon] goin' out on a high note

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

BOGO LOAD posted:

I really wonder what that guy was like and who his friends were living in Brooklyn. What exactly made him decide "I'm gonna be a walking, talking pile of dogshit" and become a settler.

Dude was literally in micro penis competition

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Willa Rogers posted:

boy, do I have news for you about the young bucks who came back from vietnam opposed to the war, ran for congress on that, and never left.

Yeah, if America has a revolution it almost certainly will be fascist.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Al! posted:

nuclear georg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

not for nothing but Nathan Robinson has been pretty good on this issue thus far

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

George is an anti Semite. An AI should remove him from Seinfeld over this insanely insensitive statement against Israels divine right of God to execute the heretics

we need more stinger missiles to fight the soviets, jerry

Mundrial Mantis
Aug 15, 2017

ughhhh posted:

Dude was literally in micro penis competition

Yes, we know he is a house-stealing settler but what did he do before that?

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - The Reuters news agency is urging Israel to conduct a “thorough, swift and transparent investigation” into the death of its video journalist Issam Abdallah in southern Lebanon.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/14/israel-hamas-war-live-us-moves-second-aircraft-carrier-to-mediterranean

Reuters calls for Israeli probe into journalist’s killing
40m ago (01:24 GMT)

The Reuters news agency is urging Israel to conduct a “thorough, swift and transparent investigation” into the death of its video journalist Issam Abdallah in southern Lebanon.

The statement by Reuters President Paul Bascobert and Editor-in-Chief Alessandra Galloni came as the Lebanese army accused Israel of firing the missile that killed Abdallah and wounded several other journalists.

The Israeli military said Koos Group should be perma-banned for facilitating genocide denial and genocide apologia.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Hoping this fellow loses his job and becomes an unemployable pariah.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
and they are leaving the foreigners to die in Gaza.

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1713373411970371639

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Vox Nihili posted:

I believe this will be the third deployed. Maintenance appears not to be going well.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

good to see my tax dollars getting ready to help. :peanut:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Whatever the opposite of bullish is me about the US military. I don't think we could invade Iran even if you believe we would actually draft. I'm not sure we could even invade Mexico successfully. People underestimate what a chicken poo poo nation this is.

Bearish is the opposite of bullish. Sounds like the chickenshit nature of the US military has turned you into quite the dove

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i say swears online posted:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Vox Nihili posted:

i hope to spend my twilight years scuba diving their wreckage off the coast of Yaffa and Ascalon

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Remroum/status/1713193655299641590?t=fYK8UyTcl2qNu9ZyF926xA&s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Weka posted:

I believe this will be the third deployed. Maintenance appears not to be going well.

They deployed a fourth out of CA today as well, apparently unannounced

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
they fatwa'd jerry! it's a fatwa!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i were a country i would not double the population density of my penal enclave with expulsion orders under live fire while eliminating all habitable shelter but i guess im not the most moral army in the world

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hope the carriers ram into one another :cheers:

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Sanlav posted:

Iran, Cuba, Ecuador, Venezuela, Russia, NK are all countries that bank outside of the FED / SWIFT system.

We don't get to exert petro dollar power whenever those economies do business. It effectively undercuts our entire scam the more market share they gain access to.

Anytime there's a flippant reason to embargo/invade/coup/bomb or otherwise economically hamper them we do it without thinking.

We want things to be so bad/decapitate their leadership so a friendly puppet can go sell their oil for us dollars and let our oil executives rest easier at night.

China also banks outside the SWIFT system but they also bank within it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in solidarity with israel I had a few of my most obnoxious friends and family move in with me. by with me I of course meant that I had them park their r.v.s on my neighbor's property. when my neighbor questioned me about this I punched him in the face and called him a nazi. then I burnt his house down for good measure