Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

can't believe the fascist, genocidal army is so completely unhinged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

speng31b posted:

no one is going to nuke anyone

dont underestimate my power

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ardennes posted:

As far as ground troops/a draft, I think people forgot, or don't know, that the US has given a massive amount of munitions to the Ukrainians as well as assorted equipment, and the US Army specifically is years away from being prepared to fight a war. Literally, the draftees wouldn't have anything to fight with beyond some busted Humvees and rifles. Most of those Abrams tanks in the desert have been stripped down to a hull, and shell production in the US is still small-scale.

It is why the US (as well as Israel) is trying to make this all about an air war because that is what the US has.

Was it 2/3rds of USA army infantry units aren't even motorized

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

I mean in the eyes of Hamas settlers where fair game and not civilians as they have murdered hundreds of Palestinians over the last couple of years with this year being the deadliest in the West Bank.

Yeah, and it makes me wonder about the "Israeli civilian casualties" figures floating around. I don't doubt that Israel is juicing them to begin with (since they're trying to justify literal genocide, after all), but there's also going to be a reverse version of the "all military-aged males are combatants" logic happening, where armed settlers are treated as "civilians."

Turdfuzz posted:

don't even get me started on those disabled civilians

If someone's missing an arm or leg, they weigh less, and that means they're even faster

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

all the broke people under 25 or whatever because they'd have to. it would be great, all the disillusioned, ripped off youth would receive real world on the job training in busting up states and armed opposition. they'd come home trained, armed, organized and ready to tweet about how it makes no sense that minimum wage is still $7.25/h

boy, do I have news for you about the young bucks who came back from vietnam opposed to the war, ran for congress on that, and never left.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
there isn't going to be a draft. america is not invading iran

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
saw these in a neighborhood with poor brown people, terrorism?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Israel is a jewel in the desert, doing infection

Yet, I wish to find ways to send cum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fits my needs posted:

no lol, idf's been posting stuff like that for years

For years their hebrew account would be posting stuff like: "we will slay the cockroaches" while their English account would post stuff like :3: thanks for the empathy all, these hamas missile were quite something to endure! We will stay strong. 💪

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wish I could talk to my best friend about this (the only guy I know in person who I can talk about political things with), but his daughter (first kid) was literally just born 5 days ago so I don't want to talk about something so depressing given the circumstances.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

there isn't going to be a draft. america is not invading iran

you can't stop me

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Im the diabolical Rope Tied To Fence nobody can stop me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I wish I could talk to my best friend about this (the only guy I know in person who I can talk about political things with), but his daughter (first kid) was literally just born 5 days ago so I don't want to talk about something so depressing given the circumstances.

drat yeah, I'd be afraid to have a kid knowing there's a draft coming

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

For years their hebrew account would be posting stuff like: "we will slay the cockroaches" while their English account would post stuff like :3: thanks for the empathy all, these hamas missile were quite something to endure! We will stay strong. 💪

easy translate on twitter really hosed up that game, so they went full evil on both sides

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
you cant draft Rope Tied To Fence one easy trick to get out of the draft

Arson Kite might also work in a pinch

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Palestinian MacGyver laying waste to an Israeli orphanage with an aluminum ladder like Jackie Chan

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ytlaya posted:

I have bad news about the rest of your friend's child's life and depressing circumstances on planet Earth

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

drat yeah, I'd be afraid to have a kid knowing there's a draft coming

not even Joe Biden would draft a baby ... or would he

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Al! posted:

easy translate on twitter really hosed up that game, so they went full evil on both sides

thank u elon

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

can't sleep
might as well be depressed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

smarxist posted:

I don't know if you're still there, but if you are GET OUT NOW

This is a common (and very deadly) booby trap often wielded by the you-know-whos. The shoes carries a shaped charge specifically designed to cause the power lines to connect with the ground after detonation, electrocuting everyone within a several hundred meter radius. It's a vicious and inhumane trick.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

aw frig aw dang it posted:

not even Joe Biden would draft a baby ... or would he

joe biden wants to let babby vote to make dc and puerto rico a state

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know if you're still there, but if you are GET OUT NOW

This is a common (and very deadly) booby trap often wielded by the you-know-whos. The shoes carries a shaped charge specifically designed to cause the power lines to connect with the ground after detonation, electrocuting everyone within a several hundred meter radius. It's a vicious and inhumane trick.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i genuinely believe that a part of it is leftover embarassment about the hostage crisis. people tend to form their world-views in a relatively short window and people who were 15-18 in 1980 are now in very senior military and political positions

If that sounds far fetched, keep in mind the exact same people running the government back then are still running the government now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
huh guess Iran just released a "Gaza" drone fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QJ785rFX3g

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
demand to see that baby's draft card, they have to show it to you or else you can perform a citizen's arrest

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

george is gettin upset

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Beeftweeter posted:

george is gettin upset

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

the police district that had No Idea Rob Ford was a crack smoking alcoholic has now decided to take their talents to monitoring our local mosques

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1713359606934864156

Apparently the US has eleven carrier groups now, might as well send another couple while we're at it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

smarxist posted:

yes. if you see a pair of shoes hanging from the power or telephone lines that means that is a terrorist house. it's where people go to buy or use terrorism

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

:mods:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

yes. if you see a pair of shoes hanging from the power or telephone lines that means that is a terrorist house. it's where people go to buy or use terrorism

terrorism can be exchanged for goods and services

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Nuclear

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1713359606934864156

Apparently the US has eleven carrier groups now, might as well send another couple while we're at it

Gotta be able to counter any Giant Squids or Typhoon Attack Subs that Hamas might deploy.

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Death of Innocence posted:

Why is the American government so invested in going to war with Iran?

Iran, Cuba, Ecuador, Venezuela, Russia, NK are all countries that bank outside of the FED / SWIFT system.

We don't get to exert petro dollar power whenever those economies do business. It effectively undercuts our entire scam the more market share they gain access to.

Anytime there's a flippant reason to embargo/invade/coup/bomb or otherwise economically hamper them we do it without thinking.

We want things to be so bad/decapitate their leadership so a friendly puppet can go sell their oil for us dollars and let our oil executives rest easier at night.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I've been told this wouldn't have happened if they hadn't allowed hamas to rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Whatever the opposite of bullish is me about the US military. I don't think we could invade Iran even if you believe we would actually draft. I'm not sure we could even invade Mexico successfully. People underestimate what a chicken poo poo nation this is.