Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
reminder if you live in a state capital that we are marching in support of palestine today and double reminder if you live in a state with a tetchy authoritarian police force (all of them) that is legal to record a police officer as long as you arent obstructing them in their duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Lolie posted:

From the moment even one indigenous person publicly supported the No campaign, the Yes campaign was doomed.

We opened a new outdoor therapy area and had an elder come to conduct the ceremony. In the end, he gave about a 5 min speech to everyone explaining why everyone should vote no since it does not give aboriginal people a voice to veto legislation. It was some wild poo poo. The company still pushed for everyone to vote yes in the weeks leading up to yesterday.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
sometimes you need to sleep for 14 hours

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

putin is a oval office posted:

AUSGBS: gently caress this racist country

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 15, 2023

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i blame albo and the christians

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i blame captain cook and im glad the hawaiians hosed him up

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I blame the fact that Collingwood won the premiership.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

they say they didn’t eat him but i want to believe

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Captain Jimbo Cooked

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

BrigadierSensible posted:

I blame the fact that Collingwood won the premiership.

loving eddie

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
im gonna get a pellet gun and shoot the koel

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i blame captain cook

I blame imperialism

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I don't know who I blame, but I know that I'm really really loving sad about it

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Bald Stalin posted:

I blame imperialism

Nice av

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
My electorate was >60% in favour of yes, so I guess that's a positive(?)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why is my weed going from Penrith to Gables? That's the complete wrong direction, Auspost! :argh:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why is my weed going from Penrith to Gables? That's the complete wrong direction, Auspost! :argh:

has to swing by the plug

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Plugga Nug

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Funky See Funky Do posted:

the courier went yowie hunting, classic weed guy

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They didn't even try to deliver it. They just sent it straight to the Post Office - where I just was, and would gladly have collected it from had I known it was there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Tried the pork belly at Subway and... it's actually fairly okay. Not the best I've had, but price and portion size were alright.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
hate that im the age where i can just hurt my back in my sleep

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

hate that im the age where i can just hurt my back in my sleep

It doesn't have to be like that as you age, if you do even a little bit of stuff to strengthen your back and core it becomes much more resistant to those kind of injuries

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Last Wednesday I cramped my leg so hard while wrestling on the bed with the dog that I thought I was going to white out, it only stopped hurting yesterday lol

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I got a cramp in my hamstring at a crowded restaurant a couple of weeks ago and nearly fell off my chair. Lots of people laughed at me.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Airstream Driver posted:

I got a cramp in my hamstring at a crowded restaurant a couple of weeks ago and nearly fell off my chair. Lots of people laughed at me.

Those people haven't had hamstring cramps

I haven't had one for a while but sometimes I would have a vivid dream or a nightmare and tense up my leg in a certain way that would set one off in the middle of the night. I would go from fast asleep to launching horizontally out of bed screaming and clutching at my hamstring, sometimes I would have to lie on the ground and try and shove my bent knee down to forcibly straighten my leg. It feels like the muscle is going to tear itself off the bone

It's a hell of a way to wake up your partner aswell

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

EoinCannon posted:

I haven't had one for a while but sometimes I would have a vivid dream or a nightmare and tense up my leg in a certain way that would set one off in the middle of the night. I would go from fast asleep to launching horizontally out of bed screaming and clutching at my hamstring, sometimes I would have to lie on the ground and try and shove my bent knee down to forcibly straighten my leg. It feels like the muscle is going to tear itself off the bone

It's a hell of a way to wake up your partner aswell

Oooo I've had this happen, they're horrible. Thinking about it more though I don't think I've had one since I started taking magnesium supplements though, maybe give that a try?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bee posted:

Oooo I've had this happen, they're horrible. Thinking about it more though I don't think I've had one since I started taking magnesium supplements though, maybe give that a try?

I heard about using magnesium to stop cramps, never tried it though

Mine are pretty solidly correlated with my specific exercise load, I haven't had one since changing to rowing and running rather than purely running. Also the later in the day I exercise the more likely I am to get one, I used to play rec league basketball and playing a 9:30 or 10:10 game then going to bed was a pretty good way to get muscle cramps

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

To be fair it was pretty funny. Fairly quiet, dimly lit restaurant and all of a sudden I'm yelling and kicking the table and falling over. One guy asked me if I'd been shot.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I used to get sudden and terribly intense hip flexor cramps back when I rode a lot, generally after something like a century ride or track training after a long day when I was too busted to warm down slowly. Sitting on the couch one minute then bang rolling around on the floor trying to stretch the drat thing out.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

EoinCannon posted:

It doesn't have to be like that as you age, if you do even a little bit of stuff to strengthen your back and core it becomes much more resistant to those kind of injuries

right between my shoulder blades, i dont even know how i slept wrong to get it to hurt there

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm having my 40th this weekend, shut up you old fucks

:negative:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Sega Dreamcast posted:

Happy birthday. Have a nice long nap the day of, and keep a Powerade in the fridge for the next day.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
It's taken a sudden turn for the cold and windy here.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bee posted:

Yeah, I know a couple of people who used to get hamstring cramps all the time. Magnesium apparently does wonders, so hopefully if you give it a try it'll work a charm!

Speaking of cramps, has anyone else ever had a... I dunno, a jaw cramp? Like, right in the middle of the gap in your jaw bone, somewhere under where the tongue rests. It seems like if I ever have a cramp (which is pretty rare, thankfully) it's either a foot cramp, or that. Just a bizarre place to cramp

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Sega Dreamcast posted:

Lets talk about prostate exams

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Raged posted:

Lets talk about prostate exams

I passed mine with flying colours

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
No sure if flying colours would be welcome during a prostate exam

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

I heard about using magnesium to stop cramps, never tried it though

Mine are pretty solidly correlated with my specific exercise load, I haven't had one since changing to rowing and running rather than purely running. Also the later in the day I exercise the more likely I am to get one, I used to play rec league basketball and playing a 9:30 or 10:10 game then going to bed was a pretty good way to get muscle cramps

Yeah magnesium works great. So does potassium. My wife got me on potassium for my muscle aches and it does wonders. She's a nurse and explained why it works but I promptly forgot and just take the supplements now,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the goat man would have had a real fast prostate exam

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, I know a couple of people who used to get hamstring cramps all the time. Magnesium apparently does wonders, so hopefully if you give it a try it'll work a charm!

Speaking of cramps, has anyone else ever had a... I dunno, a jaw cramp? Like, right in the middle of the gap in your jaw bone, somewhere under where the tongue rests. It seems like if I ever have a cramp (which is pretty rare, thankfully) it's either a foot cramp, or that. Just a bizarre place to cramp

i've gotten jaw cramps, they are annoying as hell