Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'm the wildy excessive hip wiggle :yosbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

just updated to Photoshop 2024 and the power of generative ai is here

they ship with an example photo and example prompts. every prompt gives you three options to choose from

here's the sample

ok, let's try the sample of red house. they suggest so they've surely tuned it and are delighted with the results

that's... not a red house. it's not even an especially plausible house at all. all three options offered were white with red roofs

let's give it another shot with "person on unicycle"

that's... not a unicycle. it's barely a bicycle and it's definitely not a person. surely, it's a fluke with some more tries we'll get a good one

truly we are living in the future

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cais: colleagues who have gone into ai ethics stuff annoying me by predictably now expressing extremely overstated views of what large language models can do. not quite roko's basilisk level stuff, but still imagining vast capabilities pretty clearly just because it is easier to get grant money imagining it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

also some real weird positions around the simultaneity of models taking away (bad) jobs in like sentiment analysis and image labeling, while also creating (bad) jobs labeling stuff for training the model.

like, they're not *wrong*, but they get really wound up in details that kind of just obscure a straightforward general capitalism=bad understanding of it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was at Siggraph and went to the Unity (lolz) room. They had a alien dude you could talk to and this lady from Israel asked him about the conflict and alien man had some middle of the road statement that was basically "Israel is a country here are some wiki facts about it" and she kept wanting to prod him about netanyahu and the supreme court thing and he was like "uh i wouldn't know about that"

lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is this the AI Thread? I sure hope so.

A bunch of people figured out that Microsoft will let you put a gun into almost anyone's hands using Bing's AI image creator.

Some choice examples:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Bippity Boppity Boom!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

shitface posted:

truly we are living in the future

the noble einsquatch

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bluemillion posted:

Bippity Boppity Boom!

not with that good tinker discipline

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Video Nasty posted:

Is this the AI Thread? I sure hope so.

A bunch of people figured out that Microsoft will let you put a gun into almost anyone's hands using Bing's AI image creator.

Some choice examples:

drat, I tried to do cool stuff like this and all I got was a "this prompt has been blocked because it looks dangerous :ohdear:"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well it took some tweaking, but I was able to get a mickey committing various gun crimes

the drugs ones turned out better. mickey just does his blow in a bootleg t-shirt style

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lately I’ve been seeing more and more AI stuff on insta and it’s annoying but the worst one was I saw some of someone I follow and initially looked like she’d done a photoshoot in the style of yearbook photo but by the third photo it was like woah she’s gone to some lengths with the costume changes.. hang on.. check the hashtags and sure enough AI

she’d done it of herself and it was so convincing

well I went back and looked and only the first one was good and then it was the same expression so it became obvious quickly but .. it’s only gonna get better

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

this the loving funniest thing MS has done. They have learned nothing from Tay at all.

it really doesn't like you putting in real names but you can get round it...

all the Muppets one are exactly like the old Photoshop phridays

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

lately I’ve been seeing more and more AI stuff on insta and it’s annoying but the worst one was I saw some of someone I follow and initially looked like she’d done a photoshoot in the style of yearbook photo but by the third photo it was like woah she’s gone to some lengths with the costume changes.. hang on.. check the hashtags and sure enough AI

she’d done it of herself and it was so convincing

well I went back and looked and only the first one was good and then it was the same expression so it became obvious quickly but .. it’s only gonna get better

I dropped off following AI Prompt stuff for maybe 3-4 months as my PC just can't keep up any more (and I'm not about to start paying for MidJourney cloud credits), and even in that time the advances have been nuts. This guy here is probably the most consistent quality 'realistic' output I have seen recently, and it's quite frankly crazy how close some of the work gets to 'absolutely indistinguishable' from a high-concept photo shoot:

https://www.instagram.com/franckgerardart/

One of the things about this account is the output is actually photo processed like it was a real photo instead of just dumping the prompt output to publish, and it makes a huge difference.

Now I know there's going to be someone ugh oh I saw a slightly wonky finger in a single picture there your entire argument is invalid, you just go right on with that vibe.

Picked this one in particular as one of the 'tells' still reliable-ish is spectacle/sunglasses shapes are still often wonky, and here that's 99% not the case:

Things like glasses & jewelry, hands, hair detail that used to be more likely than not be gotchas for AI generated pictures doesn't seem to be the case nearly as often now - still not 100% but you can see the trend.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 6, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

idk those look to me like they're pointing in a different direction to his actual eyes because they're not skewed like they would be when viewed at an angle. it's very close though, but still in the "there's something not quite right" bit of the valley.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this the loving funniest thing MS has done. They have learned nothing from Tay at all.

all the Muppets one are exactly like the old Photoshop phridays

turns out ai rules, actually

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I gotta know what you used because "South African Tesla Billionaire" doesn't quite meet expectations

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

I gotta know what you used because "South African Tesla Billionaire" doesn't quite meet expectations

spaceX seemed to be the magic word for me, but I'm surprised that yours didn't work.

it did vary a bit in likeness as you can see

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shaggar posted:

turns out ai rules, actually

haha yes AI makes the best funn-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cursedaiwtf/posts/1372897816652031/

loving HELL

quote:

Per Big Bird tradition witnesses taste the egg to promote health and good luck

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

idk those look to me like they're pointing in a different direction to his actual eyes because they're not skewed like they would be when viewed at an angle. it's very close though, but still in the "there's something not quite right" bit of the valley.

I wonder if it's the shadows underneath the glasses. Those don't seem to match the same light sources to me. Is it from training on too many stock photos with uniform (? not sure if that's the right term) lighting. (like the below image, which was my half-assed attempt to see if the Bing image generator would produce stereotypical images for a male primary school teacher and a male nurse).

e: had to try the gun thing and am pleased

The Killing Jelq fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 7, 2023

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/jjvincent/status/1710256121695424789

:hai:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
im sure they won't turn around and make ais oddly authoritarian and meek before existing power structures because of this

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

RokosCockatrice posted:

im sure they won't turn around and make ais oddly authoritarian and meek before existing power structures because of this

we all saw robocop. we know how this ends

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

photoshop is trying to cram its new "generative fill" feature down my throat so here it is. you just select an area and say what you want there.

it's pretty stupid. it can get one thing at a time, like a guinea pig or a pair of sunglasses. but if i say "guinea pig wearing sunglasses" it just repeatedly gives me sunglasses. "cyber skull" mostly ignored the cyber part. so it's pretty basic. it does do a good job of blending and masking the object into the scene i guess.

it wouldn't let me generate "marijuana leaf."

the thing in the corner is apparently A Yospos.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

what is a yospos but a ball with nails in it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

other possibilities for "a yospos:"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

they try so hard to prevent you from generating anything fun

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

lmao microsoft finally got control over the moderation and went overboard

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

phone posting but here’s a fun site that makes IKEA instructions from prompts.

https://huggingface.co/ostris/ikea-instructions-lora-sdxl

examples:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

akadajet posted:

they try so hard to prevent you from generating anything fun

It's basically clipart v2

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Watched a bunch of FRUGAL AESTHETIC's fashion vids over the past week or so, I like his 'the kids can meme' style - this one about AI in Fashion I especially enjoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vX1aFlr5Q

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Video Nasty posted:

lmao microsoft finally got control over the moderation and went overboard

Weird, I coincidentally was playing with a Robocop prompt last night and had no issues:

Not sure if Discord links work here but posting from my phone. Will fix shortly on my PC if it doesn't
[edit fixed]

TerminalRaptor fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 16, 2023

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

TerminalRaptor posted:

Weird, I coincidentally was playing with a Robocop prompt last night and had no issues:

Not sure if Discord links work here but posting from my phone. Will fix shortly on my PC if it doesn't
[edit fixed]

It must be my account getting flagged for putting guns in famous character's hands and making them look like propaganda posters

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

lmao at that first one

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

lmao at that first one

Coming soon to a boomer Facebook post near you

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
So is Bing chat just cracked out right now or what?

I'll ask to draw something. It will say it can't draw it and then proceed to draw it??? Sometimes it will say "sure" and then not draw anything. I'm running it from Firefox, but when I tried to run it from work today it swore up and down I had to be running Edge before it would let me query anything with chat (just confirmed I can still run it from Firefox at home). Then when I signed in with my work account, it said "nope" to me doing any drawing via that account and to use my personal account.

Loving this move fast and break things approach.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lmao at that first one

canonically the minions naturally seek out the evilest supervillain around and follow that guy, like imprinting or something. this has happened for millions of years. they are shown following a t-rex, an egyptian pharaoh, etc.

in 1939-1945 they didn't follow any villain because they were lost at the south pole. this is also canon

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 17, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

hahaha that must have been a fun writers meeting.

"Sooooo, we just realised there's a bit of a problem here...."

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
fortunately for the writers they spent the 70s following nixon around rather than enjoying a tropical jungle vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003