Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Vox Nihili posted:

They deployed a fourth out of CA today as well, apparently unannounced

Do you have a source mate? Or what carrier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zoeb posted:

The mods there are truly think they are paragons and that the only people they ban are chuds and racists but they're feckless liberals who are hacks loyal to the Democratic party and consider any deviance from that to be Russian trolls or whatever. I used the term low information voter in passing and they regarded that as a "racial slur."

i think you've found home, friend

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tom Guycot posted:

I have a loose theory in my head about why the propaganda seems to be kind of falling flat compared to the effort put into it. Everyone always says people are super easy to manipulate, and they can be, but I also think people have an incredible instinctual impulse to read people really really well, and people also seem to have an incredibly strong instinctual revulsion to crocodile tears and whining for attention. People seem to just grind thier teeth on some deep level at emotional manipulation on an individual basis, and it feels like anyone seeing the talking heads pounding on thier message just give off a huge whiff of bitch made losers doing emotional manipulative whining that people can just sense.

Even stuff like that amy schumer post, people just sneer at rich successful celebrities crying about how tough they have it. I think similar to that when people see Israeli representatives on TV and stuff, they never come across as sad, desperate put upon people, they always have an air that i think humans are really good at just sensing, of entitled, whining, and bossy to get what they want, and any time Palestinians appear in videos online or their rare appearances on TV, its pretty obvious how genuinely shook and desperate they are.

I think you can propagandize past some of that, and in an era of newspapers and stuff where you never got to see humans themselves it was a lot easier, but I think its harder and harder in an era where anyone can appear in video, and video is everywhere, and people on an individual level can't hide whatever deep emotional tells and posture we do that gives away a deeper sense of ourselves that people just pick up on. I think this is why Trump was so successful too in part, people could smell how fake and desperate the people he was against were, whereas trump was absolutely true to his core of a big idiot racist, and never had a deceptive front to that.

counterpoint my stupid lib friend after i told him the 40 baby beheadings story was retracted "well it still could be true!"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zoeb posted:

The mods there are truly think they are paragons and that the only people they ban are chuds and racists but they're feckless liberals who are hacks loyal to the Democratic party and consider any deviance from that to be Russian trolls or whatever. I used the term low information voter in passing and they regarded that as a "racial slur." I prefer a left-wing forum and I don't want any chuds welcome around but there's got to be some kind of balance.
this is what happens when someone's idea of being "A Good Leftist" is solely aesthetics-driven or rather to be more descriptive, solely engaging with the superstructure of reality. when you lack an understanding of material conditions and the substructure from which the reverberations are transmitted to the superstructure, you just end up with an aesthetic ideology. e.g. identity politics. it's about appearances of being in "the right club" and against the "bad people" than an actual understanding of why things are the way they are

actual "leftism" is about fundamental improving and changing the material conditions upon which all -isms or whatever are derived from (abolishment of capital, not as an aesthetic-based catch-phrase but as an actual ideology that it's what drives inequality and all the Bad Stuff).

e: we used to have a good re-education camp thread in CSPAM. it's dead and moved to byob now, but it's still a good primer and a lot of good discussion about what actually makes correct leftist than an aesthetic ""leftist"": https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029201&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

quote:

a comment i make a lot is that self-described "leftists" dont even know what they're left of. i think the root of this is the way this divide is presented in western media and education, especially america. the "right" is eg american conservative republicans, so what opposes their program must be "left", but this is never really defined. the result of this intentional ambiguity is often a widespread misunderstanding of what politics is even about.

fundamentally, politics is the struggle to determine who gets what. its not about who's good or bad, or right or wrong. these questions dont even enter into the calculus of politics, they're noise. when it comes to deciding who gets what, we have a very helpful word that allows us to short-hand this concept: property. property and its disposition allows society to decide who gets what, who is entitled to the produce of productive land and tools and how that entitlement is enforced. in essence, who is allowed to cultivate land for productive use and what they're allowed to keep of that produce.
i think we should bring it back to cspam, or make a new one

Xaris has issued a correction as of 04:09 on Oct 15, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Israelis know just enough that a ground war won't be good for them

But they're too bloodthirsty to just not keep wanting to kill more Palestinians

So bombing it is

dti

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I sent the kid to bed tonight with nothing to drink, no food and no electricity for violating a petty rule I made up on the spot which she hadn't violated. when she stopped crying and asked "dad, why are you being such an rear end in a top hat?" I said I'm doing it for israel

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lol Israel's twitter ads

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RC Cola posted:

Luffy would absolutely destroy Israel

we also know that Goku and Vegeta are good muslim boys

who's on the Apartheid Squad aside from Wonder Woman?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Pookah posted:

I know a lot of people dismiss CSPAM as a shitposting hellhole

those people aren’t your friends

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Israeli intelligence have released photos of the top Hamas militants they are searching for

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Xaris posted:

this is what happens when someone's idea of being "A Good Leftist" is solely aesthetics-driven or rather to be more descriptive, solely engaging with the superstructure of reality. when you lack an understanding of material conditions and the substructure from which the reverberations are transmitted to the superstructure, you just end up with an aesthetic ideology. e.g. identity politics. it's about appearances of being in "the right club" and against the "bad people" than an actual understanding of why things are the way they are

actual "leftism" is about fundamental improving and changing the material conditions upon which all -isms or whatever are derived from (abolishment of capital, not as an aesthetic-based catch-phrase but as an actual ideology that it's what drives inequality and all the Bad Stuff).

e: we used to have a good re-education camp thread in CSPAM. it's dead and moved to byob now, but it's still a good primer and a lot of good discussion about what actually makes correct leftist than an aesthetic ""leftist"": https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029201&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

i think we should bring it back to cspam, or make a new one

Right another one of my bans for racism was for complaining about Kamala Harris being the vice Presidential nominee. I said something to the effect that hiring someone because they're a black woman is a mistake because merely having a black person as a nominee is not a specific enough demand. We need some identity politics but these people think that all we need is to have an equal number of women as equally paid CEOs of the murder company and then everything is fair.

I have a lot of resentment about resetera. I'm permanently banished from there though and have been for a couple years.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

They deployed a fourth out of CA today as well, apparently unannounced

lol, the gently caress?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

mags posted:

me reading about the genocide of 2 million + people in Gaza and the West Bank: “sure hope I’m not drafted, I might get nuked”

Getting drafted isn't ideal, but I'm curious on what would happen after the conscripts came home.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:smith:

DTI
:d2a:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

eve fartlow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:siren: SNL in ten minutes :siren:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1713385456120033418

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

i say swears online posted:

:siren: SNL in ten minutes :siren:

idf is timing their siege accordingly

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Hoping this fellow loses his job and becomes an unemployable pariah.

https://twitter.com/sdcrosby/status/1713346906833748123

https://twitter.com/sdcrosby/status/1713361060470591785

:rip:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Is this what they call "gently caress around and find out"

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

woke culture smh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I mean gently caress this guy but no one should be fired for shitposting imo. Many times as many people are going to be fired for expressing the correct opinion supporting palentinians.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I mean gently caress this guy but no one should be fired for shitposting imo. Many times as many people are going to be fired for expressing the correct opinion supporting palentinians.

the wise man bows his head:

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Zoeb posted:

Right another one of my bans for racism was for complaining about Kamala Harris being the vice Presidential nominee. I said something to the effect that hiring someone because they're a black woman is a mistake because merely having a black person as a nominee is not a specific enough demand. We need some identity politics but these people think that all we need is to have an equal number of women as equally paid CEOs of the murder company and then everything is fair.

I have a lot of resentment about resetera. I'm permanently banished from there though and have been for a couple years.

I'm glad you think having too many black people and women is the democrats problem.

Anyway, death to isreal.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol pete davidson is doing the israel cold open

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
someone's doing a bit but i'm not sure who

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Chill_Goblin/status/1712955803831763227?s=20

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Majorian posted:

eve fartlow

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

are they botching it?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wow that went about as well as it possibly could have

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Oct 15, 2023

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I knew snl had it in them to say death to israel on air

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mcmagic posted:

If people were fired for bad posting, you'd be fired into the sun, I think

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

alarumklok posted:

I knew snl had it in them to say death to israel on air

they did a growth

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

speng31b posted:

america is not going to war with Iran there will not be a draft and no one is going to nuke anyone

america is going to war with iran, there will be a draft, and im going to nuke you

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Somebody post the "I hear the next drone bombing will be done by a woman, how progressive" comic in context to Zoeb's post

Zoeb posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

Israeli intelligence have released photos of the top Hamas militants they are searching for