Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ror posted:

Also I looked up the wind turbine video because I had to know what happens and it turn out he just stops and gets off the bike. Which is disappointing but still wildly impressive.

Lol, yeah. That one's probably a walk in the park technique-wise compare to the others when you look at the size of the turbine blade, but add in the actual surroundings and it's still absolutely nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It's a good thing the other turbines were not generating any wind

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

sigher posted:

Another Wickerman Remake?

How are they going to cut the video as he's heading toward the edge of the turbine blade, I don't even want to see how far he got and how the gently caress he turned around. Good lord the sack on that lad.
its alright, he's got kneepads on

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/FfoNgHX.mp4

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:rip:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The frustrating thing is he never actually gets to stop any bad guys because his partner is Angel Summoner

Thanks for this, been a while since I thought about the crime-fighting duo, a duo a duo yeah

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If you pitched this as a bit for Mr. Bean they'd tell you it's a bit much. Honestly I'm surprised at the end of all that his pants didn't get pulled down from the conveyor.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I bet it's chill as hell being a complete simpleton.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

I feel like you could prank some folks pretty good by tossing a full set of clothes, shoes and all, on to the conveyor, and watching the staff look out for the inevitable rear end-naked person riding along.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

It's a good thing the other turbines were not generating any wind

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I cannot beleive how difficult he's making it look.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/i5SOuq5.mp4

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What an expensive trick

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Another exciting round of "Russia, or Florida?"

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

shame on an IGA posted:

Also, was he heading into an X-ray machine at the end there?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

shame on an IGA posted:

He did the same both ends of that return flight trip.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s2i89h1vD51r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s2i8oqm5Dq1r0uzl6.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly, I'd just turn around and leave if I saw there was an active swat team present

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
It seems to happen every couple years around here. Another dump truck smokes a highway overpass with the box up:
https://www.cp24.com/news/truck-with-raised-bed-hits-overpass-closes-lanes-on-gta-highway-1.6599823

quote:

Published Friday, October 13, 2023 9:19AM EDT

Multiple highway lanes have been closed after a dump truck with a raised bin crashed into a bridge in Markham early Friday morning.

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) say the truck was travelling south on Highway 404 around 1 a.m. when it struck the overpass on Highway 407.

In photos uploaded to X, formerly Twitter, the bin of the dump truck can be seen badly damaged. Police say the driver was not injured. Police have not indicated whether the driver will face charges.

The bridge sustained some damage, according to police, but engineers have since deemed it structurally safe.

Police reminded drivers Friday to make sure they check the outside of their vehicles before departing.

“Circle checks are very important,” OPP Const. Timothy Dunnah, said in a video posted to X. “Take a few moments to walk around your vehicle before you depart.”

Lanes in the area will be blocked for the next few hours, the OPP said

Dump trucks are the Big Altima Energy of commercial trucks.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I have never driven a dump truck. Even so it surprises me that there isn't a trip switch or something, that shines an indicator light on the dash, showing the position of the bed. Or a transmission/PTO transfer to operate the bed while the chassis is stationary. Yes, you need an exception for rolling dirt/stone drops, but are you ever going faster than first gear for such drops?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
This god drat buzzer keeps going off every time I raise the bed to dump my load, I'm going to rip those stupid wires out to get this dumb thing to shut up

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I imagine it being like any other truck I've driven for a large company, where they will stop short of actually TELLING you to ignore or bypass safety systems like that, but it's known around the shop that stopping work over "dumb safety crap" is a career-limiting move via the various ways an employee can be poo poo on without creating a paper trail.

Then somebody hits a bridge with a dumper, and the company can point to the 20 minute safety video they made the guy watch 4 years ago, pretend it was just one lazy naughty driver mishandling company equipment to save time, and "but we fired that guy, problem completely solved!!!1"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
IIRC a lot of bridge strikes are multiple failures issues on equipment old enough to vote. Something like the interlock stops you from engaging the bed hydraulic control above XYZ speed but there is a bleeding valve to the bed raise hydraulic and/or return valve is stuck closed and the bed raise indicate light is burnt out.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You mean the interlock was deliberately bypassed because it briefly inconvenienced someone once.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Why on earth is this a 73MB GIF? :psyduck:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
because it was filmed before mp4 compression was invented, duh

SnoPuppy
Jun 15, 2005

Javid posted:

Then somebody hits a bridge with a dumper, and the company can point to the 20 minute safety video they made the guy watch 4 years ago, pretend it was just one lazy naughty driver mishandling company equipment to save time, and "but we fired that guy, problem completely solved!!!1"

One of the more valuable things I’ve learned over years of working with manufacturers is that if you ever do a root cause analysis on a problem, and end up blaming human error, you have hosed up and should try again.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SnoPuppy posted:

One of the more valuable things I’ve learned over years of working with manufacturers is that if you ever do a root cause analysis on a problem, and end up blaming human error, you have hosed up and should try again.

The root cause of human error is that is was possible to operate in an error state.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

wiegieman posted:

The root cause of human error is that is was possible to operate in an error state.

The approach I take is that you need to always make it easier to do things the 'correct' way than the incorrect way, because people will do it however is easiest.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wiegieman posted:

it was a process problem, in that the process's complexity was inappropriatly scaled for the operators

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Those navigation lights are not correctly oriented :argh:

stratego
May 6, 2007

From the last time one of these was posted -

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

not_ur_mom.jpg

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
It's not for everyone cause it's my hole, it was made for me.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Kenning posted:

I bet it's chill as hell being a complete simpleton.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Shooting Blanks posted:

^^ I cannot do any of those things :stare: ^^

I can, but choose not to. :colbert:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

zedprime posted:

IIRC a lot of bridge strikes are multiple failures issues on equipment old enough to vote. Something like the interlock stops you from engaging the bed hydraulic control above XYZ speed but there is a bleeding valve to the bed raise hydraulic and/or return valve is stuck closed and the bed raise indicate light is burnt out.

Thats one thing I've noticed. A lot of that sort of thing, dump trucks in particular are OLD AF. Guys just getting in to it as owner operators buying their first truck, or people that don't like them Pinko Commie emission controls so they run the oldest poo poo and of course half the poo poo is broken and they don't bother fixing it because why bother, "that particular thing doesn't need to be working to pass the annual inspection" and so on.

Altimadrivers.txt

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

zedprime posted:

I still blame the driver for not glancing in their mirror literally once in however long they were driving before hitting the bridge. Use every mirror constantly, enough that you can tell when something doesn't look like it normally does.

I am totally on board with the philosophy that "human error" is not a root cause, but a constant that systems need to be designed around, but it can also be true that people that strike bridges with their dumps up are bad drivers who shouldn't drive trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

It seems to happen every couple years around here. Another dump truck smokes a highway overpass with the box up:
https://www.cp24.com/news/truck-with-raised-bed-hits-overpass-closes-lanes-on-gta-highway-1.6599823

Dump trucks are the Big Altima Energy of commercial trucks.

*laughs in Vancouver*

I think we've had 10 this year alone