Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

I hope I can wrap up Pinocchio before Alan wake 2 comes out.

arent you at laxascia? basically the end

should be good to go. it's actually not that long of a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I think my biggest complaint is that the final areas for Lies of P are really loving boring.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Whirling posted:

I think my biggest complaint is that the final areas for Lies of P are really loving boring.

Yeah I just finished it myself. That last area was way too long.

I...declined to fight the optional boss at the end. My old person reflexes were just not up to the task.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Whirling posted:

yeah i didn't like the area past the door guardian. too long and not visually or mechanically interesting. so not plural, singular, just the last area

i think it's supposed to be like this grand mob gaunlet showing off how much you've improved, but they didn't pull it off

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

docbeard posted:

I...declined to fight the optional boss at the end. My old person reflexes were just not up to the task.
smdh

thats why you just use aegis and poke. honestly it was way more fun+interesting fight than simon. simon loving sucked dick to fight, i did not enjoy that fight

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Xaris posted:

smdh

thats why you just use aegis and poke. honestly it was way more fun+interesting fight than simon. simon loving sucked dick to fight, i did not enjoy that fight

I tried that and then it wore off and he hit me eighteen thousand times while I tried to get away long enough to recharge my legion and then I decided I'd rather be doing literally anything else.

Honestly the only boss fight I really enjoyed in like the last fourth of the game was Laxasia.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Still, fun game and I'll go back to it. Some time.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hammer guy spirit is very satsifying, and the witch lady is just better as a ranged option than the eagle in every single way. So far the sorceress feels about on par with the flail chick but gets the nod because while it does less posture damage, it throws stuff around which does a lot more damage than I had expected. Not being able to mark the map means I'm going to get extremely lost at least once

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

Hammer guy spirit is very satsifying, and the witch lady is just better as a ranged option than the eagle in every single way. So far the sorceress feels about on par with the flail chick but gets the nod because while it does less posture damage, it throws stuff around which does a lot more damage than I had expected. Not being able to mark the map means I'm going to get extremely lost at least once

they might have nerfed it but the Witch was super OP and the best power in the game at launch

could basically brute force the game spamming witch

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

they might have nerfed it but the Witch was super OP and the best power in the game at launch

could basically brute force the game spamming witch

It's nice to clear most of a room at a distance when the terrain is tricky but I wouldn't call it OP, it's tough to avoid taking a hit or two in the process. The biggest advantage is that I have a lot of trouble keeping track of where my character is in combat so the less I have to move surrounded by poison pits the better

Sort of feels like the eagle should have 80+ attacks and Elaine 40ish, but I guess it's nice sometimes to have an auto-turret. I prefer being able to just find a window and poo poo damage out which the witch is better at, tough to tell which will be the better at higher upgrade levels

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Xaris posted:

yeah there's always an october sale every year for like 15 years now. some general ideas that I say aren't really scary at all but have some spookiness to them:

Evil Within 2 [RE4-like]
Resident Evil 4 remake
Resident Evil 2 remake
SOMA
Signalis
Stalker games
Metro 2033 - Last Light - Exodus
Alien: Isolation
Dead Space 1-2
System Shock remake
Prey
Darkwood

for more spooky you can do Amnesia games, didnt play the new one

System shock and signalis are both fantastic

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Borrowing a post from the Games horror gaming thread. There's a $13 bundle with Stasis: Bone Totem, Pathologic 2, Alan Wake, and some other titles for those looking for horror games:

And World of Horror is pretty neat if you're okay with RNG and procedurally-generated games. I think it's like $20 full price, but I think I got it on sale a while ago:

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Speaking of World of Horror, go play World of Horror if you haven't already. Mechanically, it's not terribly impressive—kind of like playing the tabletop game Elder Sign by yourself—but holy hell, the aesthetic is fantastic. Heavily inspired by Junji Itou (though I think the sole developer is Czech?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfQ0KELzcqI

I haven't personally booted it up in a year or two, but it's supposedly coming out of early access on the 19th, so there might be a bit more to it than I described.

You could also find a way to grab the PC versions of Silent Hill 2 / 3 and update them with the enhanced additions without giving Konami money.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Borrowing a post from the Games horror gaming thread. There's a $13 bundle with Stasis: Bone Totem, Pathologic 2, Alan Wake, and some other titles for those looking for horror games:
if i didnt already know of AW/P2, i'd say all those thumbnails + titles look like shovelware eastern euro dev trash that you'd find on cd-drives in the walmart wire bin

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Xaris posted:

arent you at laxascia? basically the end

should be good to go. it's actually not that long of a game

you underestimate how bad I am at the game

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

also since I started working graveyard shift I’ve lost the ability to track days and thought it was Mondag when I posted

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I need to try pathologic again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

I need to try pathologic again

you took ten steps in the wrong direction you dumbass, now dozens will die

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

you took ten steps in the wrong direction you dumbass, now dozens will die

:ohdear:

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

outer wilds is also a good spooky game, but it's more like, existential spookiness

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

video lames

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

video lames

reported

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i drove around the e36 and its got so much torque

https://i.imgur.com/rKh1lkP.mp4

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

No wait, just dumb. Anyway Atomic Heart is cool so far, very Shock-esque

DaysBefore has issued a correction as of 11:51 on Oct 15, 2023

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

video lames

what the gently caress

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

outer wilds is also a good spooky game, but it's more like, existential spookiness

this game keeps calling to me even though i thought it was extremely loving boring at first

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Jedi Council: cowardly and cruel Sith are using human wave tactics against our big beautiful republic.

Knights of the Old Republic is great, but Bioware also makes the jedi suck so hard by turning them into anything more than knights from fantasy and legends.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

Jedi Council: cowardly and cruel Sith are using human wave tactics against our big beautiful republic.

Knights of the Old Republic is great, but Bioware also makes the jedi suck so hard by turning them into anything more than knights from fantasy and legends.

i hate when they just run them as gay volcel wizards

the best media has them more like a Gunslinger from The Dark Tower

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've gone into my idle phase. Bought Melvor Idle on sale and poked at IronwoodRPG. I just like seeing numbers go up

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

No wait, just dumb. Anyway Atomic Heart is cool so far, very Shock-esque

It gets very annoying after a bit. I personally dislike it despite liking janky games, but I know others who more or less enjoyed it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol that Star Trek Stellaris has a 57% score on Steam

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I do not like these Australian fencers in the final part of Pinocchio

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

People talking a about fnv makes me wanna play again.
Are there any mods that make it less insanely ugly? Not trying to be sarcy but it's so ugly imo

I did play thru it a couple years back and it's pretty good, it is a little railroady if you try to go off the beaten track though

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Grey Fox posted:

I think it's Stellaris Enjoyers that bought it expecting something new. The game is meant for Star Trek Enjoyers to slowly get them into Stellaris imo.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Grey Fox posted:

this game was an easy refund for me

the production values on it are pretty bad besides being a stellaris clone, the VA is terrible and you are hearing it constantly for events - it sounds like programmer VA

it's also buggy - it kept telling me about leaders dying when nothing was happening, giving me "your spy was discovered!" events for spies being sent by other empires

it sort of lives or dies on how much you like the event system, is two-three pop ups with summaries of star trek shows every 5-10 mins enough to hold your attention?

otherwise it's just old stellaris with a lot of the problems stellaris has - the game just feels empty once you get past the early exploration phase plus it's even faster now because you take over a prebuilt empire on a static-ish map

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mike the TV posted:

I think it's Stellaris Enjoyers that bought it expecting something new. The game is meant for Star Trek Enjoyers to slowly get them into Stellaris imo.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
only nextfest demo i've played that i thought was pretty great was some furry game called cobolt core

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t think I’m gonna try the secret boss in Pinocchio, the last boss is annoying me enough

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

I've gone into my idle phase. Bought Melvor Idle on sale and poked at IronwoodRPG. I just like seeing numbers go up

Melvor is great for that because saves persist across devices when you buy it, so you can load it up on your PC or your phone. Plus no microtransactions

Played a few hours of Lords of the Fallen earlier today and it was really fun. I didn't end up having any issues on AMD hardware except for at the menu and through the end of character creation. For some reason I went from 20-30 FPS in the cutscene before CC and during CC to being glued to 55-60 after that. The two worlds gimmick is fun, the spear felt really good, the attack queuing got me killed a few times until I learned to trust the controller. I like it. Solid 8-9/10 IMO, but only if it runs well on your system. There's a reason that the game is at 50% on steam right now, and apparently a lot of people are getting really bad performance and a lot of crashes.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

there's a mobile gacha autobattler gundam game coming to the west soon and my inner hog grunts for the slop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

I don’t think I’m gonna try the secret boss in Pinocchio, the last boss is annoying me enough
fwiw secret boss is way more fun than the last boss

may not be any easier per se but vastly less annoying. it's more like an Isshin boss fight to end all boss fights