Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Orv posted:

I'm going to post the words "I have never hated a vehicle/character in a video game more than the Valentine AT" knowing full well what's coming next.

I'm broken in the head, but I've honestly liked all the British turtlicious tds (I'm only up to tier VII). Yes they're slow as balls, but when they get to the action they can bully others in hilarious fashion. You just have to go in with the attitude of "I'm going to win/lose half of my matches without shooting a round" and you're golden. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lmao i just finished the italian tier 8 TD. in order to use a gun with the same stats, but crucially is not the same gun because it isnt researched, i have to acquire 47 thousand xp

lmao

Hey I just did the same thing yesterday and literally yelled "WHAT" when I saw what was going on. Oh well, I guess it's going to be worth it because at least the SMV CC-67 became INCREDIBLE once you got the 120mm gun on it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sayara posted:

I'm broken in the head, but I've honestly liked all the British turtlicious tds (I'm only up to tier VII). Yes they're slow as balls, but when they get to the action they can bully others in hilarious fashion. You just have to go in with the attitude of "I'm going to win/lose half of my matches without shooting a round" and you're golden. :v:

Slow is agony to me. But I like big number so I'll suffer for it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Game was literally 0-7 within 90 seconds. The ELC spent the game spamming clicks on people and whining in chat in hungarian.

Welcome to loving weekend WoT. poo poo, welcome to loving WoT in 2023.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I still have this game installed and I haven't played more than five battles since two Christmases ago.

I still have Warships installed and I haven't played that in even longer. Wargaming has perfected the game version of Battered Spouse Syndrome.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

My first game of the day was just as good. In my SU-85i which I'm super close to getting my first MOE on, a Thunderbolt runs into me right as I'm about to shoot. I tell him to watch where he's driving so he keeps ramming me, shooting HE at me, and causes me to get spotted. Not that it will do anything but I reported him and uploaded the replay.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Italy you can't just keep making the P26/40 wider and flatter and call it a medium tank tree.

E: The Type 59 has pen problems these days but it's just so comfortable to play. Handles so smoothly, great gun handling, just nice.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 14, 2023

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I still have this game installed and I haven't played more than five battles since two Christmases ago.

I still have Warships installed and I haven't played that in even longer. Wargaming has perfected the game version of Battered Spouse Syndrome.

Same but a little less than a year. People move on to other games and I find it to be a healthy thing for people. My main gripe is my friends do not play it anymore and it got pathetic on the amount of money I spent on this game. It never really satisfied me enough to warrent my investment. Maybe in the future when my friends get the itch to play again I will definately reinstall and give it a go. But playing solo to me is just a pain in the neck.

Hope everyone is doing okay though!

Edit- Also I am no longer the only goon on SA with the tank Icon from what I understand. It was fun while it lasted. :(

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

When I get frustrated in this game, which is often because I'm bad at it, I go into kamikaze mode kind of. It's not that I want to die, but I just really, really want to loving shoot a tank so i start driving forward like Ivan Drago, hand cocked back ready to punch, but oblivous to what I am walking through to land it.

I"m in that mode this morning. 4 wins, 0 losses, but I've not landed more than 1 shot in any of the games and my WN8 for the session is 261.

E: Everyone with over 200 games in teh leFH1882 should be banned from the game. Over 1000 games they should have to spend 30 days in jail IRL.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 15, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

E: Everyone with over 200 games in teh leFH1882 should be banned from the game. Over 1000 games they should have to spend 30 days in jail IRL.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Three games in my Strv m42/57. -2 every time. Third game, platoon of three BZ-176s on the enemy team. Hit ALT-F4 there and then, for the first time ever in this poo poo game. Why the gently caress even bother?

Orv
May 4, 2011

I will co-sign this if everyone with more than 50 games in the M8A1 gets launched into space.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
sometimes i watch dakillzor.. well i do kinda often yet don't play for months.. now there is currently a "mystery twitch prime drop" and its icon is golden dice.. so you know i have to install the game to see what i get. L

fall- winter best time to hide out in a tank

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6647643#ensk-turmoilx-is-7 having a lil fun

i missed out on the twitch drop too guess it ended during my time playing/waiting for it time for another break.

had decent entertainment for those 12 battles i played in onslaught today managed around 3.7k dpg but called it quits because it started to make my blood pressure rise i feel like that's unhealthy i don't want to get a heart attack from world of tanks win/loss anxiety lol

kinda sad how a lot people had 1k+ battles in that game mode too .. that just sounds super stressful

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 16, 2023

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

while i normally am not in favor of expansion of the carceral state i do support jail time for anyone with any games in the FCM Pak 40

Orv
May 4, 2011
The first gun on the 25TP is a sick and terrible joke.

E: Luckily the last gun makes me forgive everything that came before, what a nice gun.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 16, 2023

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If WG wanted more people to pay for their Double Premium bullshit, one perk that might make it worthwhile is the first fifty games in a newly unlocked tank are in its elite configuration to make it easier to earn the xp towards the next unlock.

But hey, that'd *make sense* so :nallears:. I'm also guessing that the bulk of their profile after premium tanks comes from skipping tanks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't think even that would be a compelling reason to pay for their absolutely insane double premium scheme. That said, guns clearly intended to be free xp'd past because they're basically unusable against even same-tier heavies is extremely tiresome.

E: Also having three trees branch off the Type 58 is probably going to drive me mad.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 17, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011
Jesus. "Oh cool a new tank for playing a bunch of what seems like a decent little mode."

Five matches later I am disabused of the notion that random people in this game could ever beat Nightmare.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They are selling a special version of the 50tp Prototype called 50tp Resilient, and 100% of every purchase goes to support Ukraine, and the purchase price is far lower than a normal T8 heavy.

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/unite_to_support/charity_1/

They're also selling camo and decal packs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And in case anyone is wondering about the 50TP Prototype or the 50TP Resilient, Skill rates them as epic.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They are selling a special version of the 50tp Prototype called 50tp Resilient, and 100% of every purchase goes to support Ukraine, and the purchase price is far lower than a normal T8 heavy.

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/unite_to_support/charity_1/

They're also selling camo and decal packs.

100%? Hot drat, good for them.

The 50tp is a fantastic heavy.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well poo poo, now I wish I hadn’t purchased the silly acting man tank. It’s good but I am not made of tank money.

E: Going from the nitrous fueled madness of the III J to the VK 30.01 H is not cool.

Orv fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 20, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If anyone has been waiting for the Japanese T8 premium TD, the Type 4 Ka-Ri to go on sale after being in lootboxes around St. Patrick's day... it's on sale now.

Since I'm a consumer whore I bought it. Accurate gun with 500+ alpha and a good DPM, yes please. It's a casemate TD yes, but the armour is decent. Honestly just underlines how outdated the Jagdtiger is.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I've reverted to my shitter ways. 15 games, 5 wins, only 51% of hits penned, and 609 WN8.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Great loving day for a win 3 daily.

E:

16 games, 3 wins. It's just this kind of poo poo over and over and over again. I'm either top damage or second, half the team does 0 damage or hits one shot and then dies.

I had maybe three enjoyable games in this whole run. We lost one of them, but it was a proper game and close, and a lot of fun. But it's not a lot of fun to have half of one team be dead one minute in.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 21, 2023

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I might be the worst player on NA Server.

30 games: 9 wins, 21 losses (30%), 317 WN8

Everyone bags on the GLD, but when I don't have one i feel like i have to sit perfectly motionless for 30 seconds until my circle stops contracting, meanwhile people are dancing around shooting me in the face over and over.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 21, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011
Huge shoutouts to the T28 and Wolverine behind me being killer shots while I was desperately backing into the river.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You got very lucky that the idiots on noob island weren't useless turds.

Orv
May 4, 2011

McGavin posted:

You got very lucky that the idiots on noob island weren't useless turds.

Fuckin' extremely.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've personally barely played tanks over the past 2-4 years (I'm not even sure anymore when I last regularly played it) but I got in about 10 battles tonight. The first 7 were "welcome back" "warm up" full bot matches at any tier with full XP. The bots were indistinguishable from pubbies, so it was surprisingly realistic. If you get destroyed in and then exit the warmup matches it auto-calculates the conclusion based on the battle progress thus far, which was a pleasant surprise (they were all wins, as we were ahead when I exited.) I have 5 incomplete lines to potentially work on (Yoh, IT TD, JP TD, UK cars, CN HT) now; I only had the Yoh line left (at tier 9) when I last actively played, so whenever that came out is about when I scaled back tanks.

I don't actually dislike the game or anything, but I was reminded of one thing that they still haven't fixed after all these: the lovely, Flash-based interface and the abysmal server querying. I had forgotten how clicking literally anything in the garage (or exiting a battle, or receiving results from a completed battle) freezes the client for 5 seconds while it confirms the change (e.g. ammo loadout) with the server. :rolleyes:

Also, I was never into botes, but I've played it off and on and I got in about a dozen battles. It's still interesting for what it is, but I could never spend a significant amount of time playing that game. Similarly, warplanes was fine the last time I tried it; I just don't have a ton of time to devote to more than one or two games anymore.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The remaining battle pass tanks I don't have are...

- Kunze Panzer
- KPz 3 Projekt 07
- Lorraine 50t
- BZ-58-2
- Object 777vII

Out of those the 777 is right out. The Lorraine is also apparently poop from a butt, and I haven't heard too much good about the BZ-58-2 either. But what about the Kunze and the KPz? Anyone have any experience with either of them?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Both of them have the same stupid siege mode mechanic where you trade DPM for accuracy, which results in you going in and out of siege mode every time you shoot. They're really dumb because of the extra effort required.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Both of them have the same stupid siege mode mechanic where you trade DPM for accuracy, which results in you going in and out of siege mode every time you shoot. They're really dumb because of the extra effort required.

Yeah :-/ The trouble is, there's not much else to spend the points on. I could get a pitifully small amount of bonds, but that doesn't seem like a great use of them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After I got the AE and Cobra I lost any and all urge to grind battle pass points.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah :-/ The trouble is, there's not much else to spend the points on. I could get a pitifully small amount of bonds, but that doesn't seem like a great use of them.

There's a bunch of bounty equipment you can pick up. :shrug:

If I had to pick one of the tanks you have remaining, I'd probably pick the Kunze Panzer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

There's a bunch of bounty equipment you can pick up. :shrug:

Yeah but isn't it limited to one item per battle pass season or something?

E: lol looking at the stats of the prospective tanks, the Kpz 3 Projekt 07 has a WR difference of roughly -4%, meaning players of all WN ratings are winning 4% less with it than their general WR. It's remarkably consistent, too! You'd expect something like the delta decreasing as players' WN ratings increased because better players should be able to perform better with it, but nope. Just a straight -4%.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 23, 2023

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

if you play the kunze like a leo pta, it's pretty good but you could also just play the leo pta

im going to get the weird german td because i think it looks neat but before that thing i was just getting the heavy tanks and selling them since you get about 3mil silver for them

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yesterday I was playing my Ka-Ri on Fisherman's Bay, and I was hanging around the buildings in the middle. Our T-49 was AFK for a couple of minutes and then camped in base for several more, while the enemy LT kept spotting half the team. I tried to ask him to please spot, no reaction. Pinged his location a couple of times and sent "help" messages. That got him moving, but not to spot. Oh no, instead he tried to push me out of cover but of course pitifully failed because T-49 vs Ka-Ri. He then tried to get me shot by doing the old "I'll shoot and then hide behind you so people who shoot at me hit you instead" trick but that failed because he got insta gibbed by a Jagdpanzer E100.

After the game I sent him a message saying, and I quote: "I've never said this to anyone before, but for the love of god start botting. You're so awful even the cheapest bot would be an improvement."

And now I'm chat banned for 5 days.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Jesus. That's an ever so slightly heavy-handed response from WG there. Five days just for mentioning bots?

I got a shorter chat-ban for calling someone a "useless dog-fucker", among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Getting chat banned is a Goon rite of passage.