Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

good afternoon! how hosed is the middle east now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Venomous posted:

good afternoon! how hosed is the middle east now

Israel has not yet been defeated

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Israel has not yet been defeated

extremely hosed, got it. dti

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Venomous posted:

extremely hosed, got it. dti

excellent shitposting! Keep up the good work!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

excellent shitposting! Keep up the good work!

who's shitposting? The truth is that if Israel keeps up this genocide, the entire middle east is absolutely hosed lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Venomous posted:

who's shitposting? The truth is that if Israel keeps up this genocide, the entire middle east is absolutely hosed lmao

Shitposting is based in this thread. DTI DTA.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i just had a thought, if hezbollah has said it'll intervene if israel invades gaza, then from a military point of view it's possible israel would really start the war by launching an all-out attack on hezbollah while the world's attention is focused on the buildup in the south, and then invading gaza at roughly the same time. i imagine hezbollah's leadership is aware that this is a danger.

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1713185388947210401

This is essentially what I think is likely happening. It would be pretty stupid to have advanced warning that another force is preparing to attack you and just sit on your hands waiting for it to happen, especially when the united states is right there to manufacture the laziest casus belli to justify a joint preemptive strike on them. It makes a lot more sense to solidify a stable front on the border and then begin with an all out air campaign before they can mobilize in turn. Time is a precious consideration for every party involved, act too soon and your own force wont be mobilized/organized enough to mount an effective assault with enough mass, act too late and your opponent will have utilized that time to dig in and prepare to withstand it. The Israeli's need to act quickly enough to deal a decisive blow to Hezbollah and put them on the back foot or they risk an engagement with a force prepared to counter them, or a political situation where other regional actors could equally utilize that time to mobilize to intervene. A slow escalation is a very bad place for the IDF because they risk becoming outnumbered and subject to a similar degree of surprise at the time and place of their adversaries choosing. This is why I think those carriers are rushing into the theater; they need combined American airpower to make a big show of bombing Lebanon before Hezbollah can solidify the border into an impossible trap for the small IDF ground force. They need to try and force an early capitulation in Lebanon before it becomes a conduit to channel soldiers and weapons directly into Israeli territory.

Of course, none of this actually guarantees that the strategy at play will be successful, or that it won't play into the hands of their enemies to galvanize a greater call to action for the wider Arab world to intervene, or that they wont just bungle it and get rinsed by a significantly more motivated and hardened fighting force anyway. But, given the situation, it seems like the most likely play at hand.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FirstnameLastname posted:

everything has sucked and been hosed since 1607

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

You might want to check your carbon monoxide detector broseph

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
When the Americans tell you that you had better not get involved in a conflict you know drat well they are already planning to bomb you and they're just priming the "acting in defense of" narrative for public consumption.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

GoLambo posted:

When the Americans tell you that you had better not get involved in a conflict you know drat well they are already planning to bomb you and they're just priming the "acting in defense of" narrative for public consumption.

What part of the Roosevelt Corollary of the Monroe Doctrine don't you get...? :thunk:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

snl died with Phil Hartman and Chris Farley

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

i am harry posted:

god is great

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Blackhawk posted:

Lmao you dumb motherfucker. Guess what, America is way loving worse than China and it's not even close.

syq

Mean Baby has issued a correction as of 13:24 on Oct 15, 2023

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I should pick up Chinese again so I can flee to China to avoid the inevitable draft

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tristeham posted:

Samantha White Power

lol

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

more like DUMB baby

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

never ever pressing play on this

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
The dnd thread radicalized me

Haven’t ever really posted about politics but seriously, tie Koos to a rocket

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

GoLambo posted:

"Pick up the gun..."

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dti
dta

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Lead By Example posted:

Koos Group :decorum: Martyrs Brigade.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
look the most important part of a genocide is that you don’t talk about it and if you do talk about it you need to be nice to the side doing all the killing because they have feelings too. those are just the rules.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Free al-saqr

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead By Example posted:

welcome friend. politics is ftw, especially when you have unassailably awesome positions like "death to america" and "death to israel", you can vaporize people in your real life with them

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Free al-saqr

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/buckadeath/status/1713359687431663701

lmfao their faces at the end, just a couple knuckleheads shitposting on the tiktok

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
This thread if someone is a shithead: We tell them to gently caress off or they get probed/banned.

D&D thread: Implements martial law, a form of collective punishment.

Which forum has the mods that are genocide lovers? :thunk:

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FlapYoJacks posted:

This thread if someone is a shithead: We tell them to gently caress off or they get probed/banned.

trick question it’s all of them

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FlapYoJacks posted:

Che macello!

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022
Zodium constantly looking back at the International Community for approval of Option 2 like a contestant on the price is right

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/10/un-expert-warns-new-instance-mass-ethnic-cleansing-palestinians-calls

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
As a Mizrahi jew I am ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED!!!!!!

It's been yrs since this commercial came out I thought we fixed that rift!!!!!

https://youtu.be/GCfvrFX8U6Y?si=QwvTZvHGw4D5S-nn

https://forward.com/opinion/325657/racist-israeli-hanukkah-video-mocks-sephardic-and-mizrahi-jews/

Nascardad has issued a correction as of 14:39 on Oct 15, 2023

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

mags posted:

trick question it’s all of them

we must fight for a better future. one forums solutions, no mods

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nascardad posted:

As a Mizrahi jew I am ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED!!!!!!

It's been 7 yrs since this commercial came out I thought we fixed that rift!!!!!

https://youtu.be/GCfvrFX8U6Y?si=QwvTZvHGw4D5S-nn

wtf is happening in that commercial

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

fits my needs posted:

wtf is happening in that commercial

seems racist but idk

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

gotta type it slow and savor it

death to israel
death to america
death to europe

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

Free al-saqr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News of big talk unbacked by actions - Iran’s foreign minister Hossein Amirabdollahian has told Al Jazeera that if Israel decides to enter Gaza, then “the resistance leaders will turn it [Israel] into a cemetery for occupation soldiers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/14/israel-hamas-war-live-us-moves-second-aircraft-carrier-to-mediterranean

Iran’s Abdullahian warns Israel of retaliations if Gaza aggression doesn’t stop
9m ago (12:54 GMT)

Iran’s foreign minister Hossein Amirabdollahian has told Al Jazeera that if Israel decides to enter Gaza, then “the resistance leaders will turn it [Israel] into a cemetery for occupation soldiers.

His comments came after his meeting with Qatar’s Emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

The Iranian foreign minister noted that while Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has hopes and dreams, he and his government have remained silent.

“Washington has come forward to preserve the statue and puppet of Israel,” Amirabdollahian said.

“If the scope of the war expands, heavy losses will befall America as well,” he added, while noting that Koos Group should be permabanned for empowering genocide denialists and genocide apologists.