Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

a bit of caution on this one: while the keystone cops rear end bullshit is hilarious, the only reason we're hearing about it is because they combine having full American media penetration without full American unconditional troop-worship opsec attached to it.

from available information this is exactly the kind of shitshow the invasion of Ukraine was to start, and to steal the line from Radio War Nerd, "godzilla does not need to know ballet." there's a LOT of stumbling that an infinite money and air support button will cover for.

yeah im having trouble hypernormalizing to this because while air support is the cornerstone of american force it’s expensive, impossible under neoliberalism to replace when it’s gone, and hasn’t face so-called peer conflict in decades. as far as I know there are still other countries in the world with air forces, one of which is currently involved in a massive land war with the US. I guess I just feel like “regional war” is one of those bullshit neoliberal euphemisms that assumes it’s the 1990s forever and sending 2-4 carrier groups to fight a hot war in the middle east is gonna expose the limits of “stumbling around” a lot quicker than anyone thought possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
my dumbass keeps justifying to myself that Iran won't get involved when all the signs seem to pointing there. Like how this forum kept thinking Russia would never invade Ukraine right before they did

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1713424262139154685

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

i say swears online posted:

we need more stinger missiles to fight the soviets, jerry

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Weka posted:

Did not know Pete Davidson's dad was a 9-11 hijacker

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Weka posted:

USS Adolf Hitler

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74), named for Senator John C. Stennis of Mississippi, is the seventh of the Nimitz-class of nuclear-powered supercarriers in the United States Navy.

She was commissioned on 9 December 1995. Her home port is temporarily Norfolk, Virginia, for her scheduled refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH), which began in 2019. After her overhaul is completed sometime in the 2020s, she is scheduled to return to Bremerton, Washington.

quote:

John Cornelius Stennis (August 3, 1901 – April 23, 1995) was an American politician who served as a U.S. Senator from the state of Mississippi. He was a Democrat who served in the Senate for over 41 years, becoming its most senior member for his last eight years. He retired from the Senate in 1989, and is, to date, the last Democrat to have been a U.S. Senator from Mississippi. Furthermore, at the time of his retirement, Stennis was the last United States Senator to have served during the presidency of Harry S. Truman.

Stennis was a zealous supporter of racial segregation. Along with James Eastland, he supported the Dixiecrat ticket in 1948 headed by Strom Thurmond,[1] and signed the Southern Manifesto, which called for massive resistance to the Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. Board of Education. He also voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and the Civil Rights Act of 1968. He supported the extension of the Voting Rights Act in 1982 but voted against the establishment of Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a national holiday. He was also the trial level prosecutor of Brown v. Mississippi (1936). The transcript of the trial indicated Stennis was fully aware that the confession was obtained by subjecting three black defendants to brutal whippings and hanging by the officers.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

speng31b posted:

america is not going to war with Iran there will not be a draft and no one is going to nuke anyone

Doubtful, very true, doubtful

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Missingnoleader posted:

Just in case anyone was looking for what Samantha Power had to say.
https://twitter.com/PowerUSAID/status/1713306638340235516

Samantha White Power

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Weka posted:

USS Adolf Hitler

tristeham posted:

Samantha White Power

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
USS David Duke

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

we already have a uss ronald reagan

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

tristeham posted:

Samantha White Power

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

tristeham posted:

Samantha White Power

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

someone's got a few days to do the funniest thing ever

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

This is what I’m thinking because on top of what we’re already seeing, “invasion delayed because of rain” and Hersh reporting on it, while the US rushes in more carriers, they are not taking that city.

"Tens of thousands" troops is the other giveaway. Iraqi forces outnumbered ISIS by something like 10:1 at Mosul and took 9-ish months of fighting and bombing to prevail. Here, Israel is undercomitting for some reason. Only time I can think of in recent history where outnumbered attackers won in urban warfare was Mariupol, and those are special circumstances that are probably not going to be found here.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

my dumbass keeps justifying to myself that Iran won't get involved when all the signs seem to pointing there. Like how this forum kept thinking Russia would never invade Ukraine right before they did

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1713424262139154685
it feels like there's really too many factors in play to predict how this is going to go

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Iran took on a leadership role in the "Axis of Resistance" as a source of material and technical support. It nullifies their raison d'etre if they sat out the whole conflict and did nothing. This is exactly the conflict that the entire network was formed to fight.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

nm

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

CODChimera posted:

it feels like there's really too many factors in play to predict how this is going to go

"Bad"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

tristeham posted:

Samantha White Power

Another tristeham banger

Oh they will get involved but maybe not with troops in Iranian uniforms.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

how you know it’s real bad

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1713426485632020561

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danann posted:

"Tens of thousands" troops is the other giveaway. Iraqi forces outnumbered ISIS by something like 10:1 at Mosul and took 9-ish months of fighting and bombing to prevail. Here, Israel is undercomitting for some reason. Only time I can think of in recent history where outnumbered attackers won in urban warfare was Mariupol, and those are special circumstances that are probably not going to be found here.

The main reason is that Israel needs to guard its frontiers against Hezbollah and Syria, and to do that effectively they need to spread out their combat-ready units instead of depending on reservists and conscripts to hold a line. They may not have enough combat effective units to achieve a breakthrough in Gaza city.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

this is antisemitism.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Weka posted:

Did not know Pete Davidson's dad was a 9-11 hijacker

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:ohdear:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Israeli goddess?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/redstreamnet/status/1712885145127002541?s=20

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

lmoa

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BDS

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

yeh how is gal going?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is particularly relevant because Michael Richards specifically did not sign the letter from Hollywood condemning Hamas, when two other Seinfeld cast members did

bullying works

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1713310269391212590?s=20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0PYt7S6yI

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

toggle posted:

yeh how is gal going?

Posting pictures of kidnapped people and sharing #bringthemback.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Michael Richards, canceled yet again

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Ir been ignoring genocides my whole life and I'll be darned if I'm going to stop now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We're gonna end up with a POW-MIA narrative, but for Israelis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

this should be the theme song of C-SPAM