Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
He's not backing out of the room, he's slipping into it. He's in the final shot eating from a bag of chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The director told him to get out of the shot

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://x.com/jacksonpublick/status/1713610901256094007?s=61&t=bftXtmvOlQiDHMifXFkZkw

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

No one wants to work anymore

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
"Hey, we're canceling your show. I mean, I guess you can do finale movie but we're only going to put it on our streaming service"

"Hey, WE want to make more of this show we cancelled if only the creators would get off their bums, it's totally up to them :rolleyes:"

Like, even if that was true, come the gently caress on

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AdultSwim had been paying them to make the series, and Venture Bros is still cancelled. So it sounds like AdultSwim said "yeah we'd consider talking about it", aka there's no deal to make more but if Doc and Jackson called them they'd answer the phone.

e: Or maybe "If Titmouse got someone else to pay for the episodes to get made, then then yeah we'd happily air those"

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 15, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hell I'm feeling generous, if they get titmouse to make more episodes I'll throw em up on my YouTube channel.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Time for The Venture Brothers to enter its crowdfunding era.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

one of my win-the-lottery daydreams has always been to buy the rights for this show and just have em churn out a new season every few years in perpetuity

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Time for The Venture Brothers to enter its crowdfunding era.

Living the Hank Co dream.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Phenotype posted:

one of my win-the-lottery daydreams has always been to buy the rights for this show and just have em churn out a new season every few years in perpetuity

If I'd won the Powerball, this would have definitely happened

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Red posted:

Anybody else still waiting for their shirt?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My label was made two weeks ago and it just started moving today. Not sure exactly why they’re so slow but they are getting sent out.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I got mine last week, they are very good quality shirts

Titmouse sent a "on a send your package" email like a week before they actually sent it

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Odd: I just got my notification of USPS label.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So when’s the new season?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Warbird posted:

So when’s the new season?

A couple years after someone in this thread wins the lottery, presumably.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I can't figure it out, but what is the name of the style of jacket Gary wears as Kano?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's a single breasted tunic style coat jacket with a standing collar.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SeanBeansShako posted:

It's a single breasted tunic style coat jacket with a standing collar.

Is it single? It has two rows of buttons. Either way, you've pointed me toward stuff that looks better. I've got a full Blue Morpho setup ready to go and was seeing if I could find a jacket for my Kano on time.

For my outer jacket, personally, I ended up getting a blue lab coat because it was the only thing I could find that remotely looked right, and it works beautifully.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is it single? It has two rows of buttons. Either way, you've pointed me toward stuff that looks better. I've got a full Blue Morpho setup ready to go and was seeing if I could find a jacket for my Kano on time.

post pics!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

deong posted:

post pics!

I will once I have the ensemble on, of course. My girlfriend and I are finishing up a guild jacket for her to wear along with thigh highs, black gloves, and a black combo cover to wear. For me, the only modification I have to do to anything was some work on the mask and a ribbon on the hat. We've had to do a bit more with hers. I removed all the OG black buttons yesterday and sewed on gold ones to better match the jacket.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I've dressed as Henchman 21 before, when I was portly. I dressed as Henchman 24 last year because I'm not portly anymore.

This year, I'm dressing up like Season 4 Doc.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
A cousin and I did a Hank and Dean in like, season 2? Noone had any idea. People said his Shaggy sucked :(.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I wear Venture Brothers shirts 95% of the time, hell I'm wearing the Venture logo shirt today, and I am surprised after who knows how many years no one has mentioned to me they recognize them.

The closest its come is people asking me what I studied at Stuyvesant university, or wearing my OSI shirt on Bethesda military hospital grounds and seeing in uniform people acting more wooden and weird around me.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

deong posted:

A cousin and I did a Hank and Dean in like, season 2? Noone had any idea. People said his Shaggy sucked :(.

I wouldn't put stock in the opinion of people with such piss poor knowledge of Scooby-Doo. Fred Jones is no Shaggy!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

X_Toad posted:

I wouldn't put stock in the opinion of people with such piss poor knowledge of Scooby-Doo. Fred Jones is no Shaggy!

I think they were saying that Dean sucked as a Shaggy.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think they were saying that Dean sucked as a Shaggy.

Haha yea. Its this.
My Hank was very Fred looking. We did do mecha shiva (court style, not dream sequence sadly) and it ruled.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

deong posted:

Haha yea. Its this.
My Hank was very Fred looking. We did do mecha shiva (court style, not dream sequence sadly) and it ruled.

I assume your avatar is exactly how you planned it out with your Dean

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

deong posted:

post pics!

Gloves are in the pocket. I have pants that are also navy blue that match the vest. It looks black in camera but is really just dark blue. I also need to put a blue ribbon on the hat.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gloves are in the pocket. I have pants that are also navy blue that match the vest. It looks black in camera but is really just dark blue. I also need to put a blue ribbon on the hat.

Is that wall actually white? just white balance the camera first.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Eyes obscured for some level of anonymity:

Turns out, I don't know how to smile without a full beard and mustache. I have no idea why my smirk looks like that. I look like an alien who's only ever heard the word "smile" and doesn't know exactly what one is.

The speedsuit is an actual short-sleeve jumpsuit, and it's baggy so that you can get it on and off easy and move around without the whole thing bunching up in places where you don't want your speedsuit bunching up in. So, it's not the fitted garment worn by Team Venture. And, it has an elastic band around the waist that keeps it kind-of fitted--mine isn't tight, but if I went down a size, it'd be too short--and that band, if placed above the superfluous belt, is stiff enough to make it look like you have a doughnut-shaped beer belly.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 28, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Why didn't you just go to the store and ask for a speedsuit

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah they usually have them in the back. That being said, fantastic look.

I wish I could do Hallowen, but I have Jury Duty. I'm portly but my ponytail is gone, otherwise I totally would dressed up as 21

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

tarlibone posted:

Eyes obscured for some level of anonymity:

Turns out, I don't know how to smile without a full beard and mustache. I have no idea why my smirk looks like that. I look like an alien who's only ever heard the word "smile" and doesn't know exactly what one is.

The speedsuit is an actual short-sleeve jumpsuit, and it's baggy so that you can get it on and off easy and move around without the whole thing bunching up in places where you don't want your speedsuit bunching up in. So, it's not the fitted garment worn by Team Venture. And, it has an elastic band around the waist that keeps it kind-of fitted--mine isn't tight, but if I went down a size, it'd be too short--and that band, if placed above the superfluous belt, is stiff enough to make it look like you have a doughnut-shaped beer belly.
You look awesome!! :thumbsup:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Both of those costumes are awesome. Props for shaving your beard off for the bit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Mr Nice! A Nazi's here to see you

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I definitely said that a couple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

If Smurfette is an artificial life form, we can't draw conclusions about Smurf reproduction from her presence, much less her estrul cycle. I'm more inclined to interpret Smurfs as a kind of fungal organism. What appears to be a beard could be some other form of cell growth.

Smurfs are what remains of the Krorks. They's lucky! Their WAAAGH field protects them from most of Gargamel, Wizard of Tzeentch's shenanigans.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Smurf babies are delivered by stork, this is canon. The later seasons actually show this and also have the Smurfs create another artificial baby girl Smurf so they grow up being used to them.

Storks are surviving messengers of the Old Ones, that's why you barely see any anymore.