Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Zantie posted:

Sorry I missed this earlier. I'm not terribly familiar with Island county but I'm assuming it's because it's pretty remote compared to the bigger cities like Seattle. I don't know if their spikes are something like tourism/summer events that bring more people in, if it's a super-shedder who goes there to visit every so often or what.

The map's a little tricky since I had to screenshot it from the dashboard but this will hopefully provide some geographical context to where Oak Harbor and Coupville are in relation to the others on the western half of Washington.

I visited one of the San Juan islands back in May... outside the tourism season people might not be congregating as much. there is a daily ferry though and public enclosed spaces like a supermarket and schools. maybe a wave that starts in a city takes a while for infected persons to travel to the island and have the opportunity to infect others, which explains some lag? idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zantie posted:

Can't remember, is there anything about Kaiser and Novavax?

haven’t seen Novavax on Kaiser yet

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Jort Fortress posted:

Nearing 24hrs after the Novavax shot and regret to inform you that it hosed me up pretty good!

Chills, fever, body aches, pain in armpit, racing heart...basically everything the Moderna shots did to me, but slightly less intense. I will say that the symptoms seem to be going away faster and I'm about 75% back to normal. My wife is immunocompromised and only had light fatigue, WTF.

I’m not an immunologist but couldn’t your wife’s immune system explain that lack of reactogenicity?

anyway yeah, I have 3 Novavax and the day after each shot was among the sickest I’ve ever felt, probably worse than acute covid.
directionally the data says less bad than mRNA, which it sounds like was true for you (but not less bad enough to be tolerable). not looking forward to Tuesday, but do want the boost before holiday season.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Strep Vote posted:

Costco ran out of novavax lol. There was only one dose, so I'm getting it, I guess, since I'm in school and the spouse works at home. Everything is so dumb. They called me ten minutes til the appointment when I was 500 yards from the Costco to ask if Pfizer was ok. aaaaaaaaaaaaa

¡tools!

That’s upsetting. you had an appointment?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Rite aid was letting me make an appointment for novavax but I suspected it was just their system being stupid so I called to ask and they said they don't have it and don't know when they're getting it.

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
I was hoping to get Novavax through my work but they aren't giving it out so far. They also decided anyone getting their vaccine gets to not mask anymore in majority of settings. Not that anyone really does and if they do it's maybe a surgical mask at best.

I work in a hospital.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

mawarannahr posted:

I visited one of the San Juan islands back in May... outside the tourism season people might not be congregating as much. there is a daily ferry though and public enclosed spaces like a supermarket and schools. maybe a wave that starts in a city takes a while for infected persons to travel to the island and have the opportunity to infect others, which explains some lag? idk.

Yeah, lower density of people and lag from when a bigger city wave ripples through. That's probably what happens naturally without some specific influx for a Swift-like event.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

cenotaph posted:

Rite aid was letting me make an appointment for novavax but I suspected it was just their system being stupid so I called to ask and they said they don't have it and don't know when they're getting it.

I have an appointment at a Rite-Aid for it later next week, haven't bothered filling out insurance info ahead of time because I half suspect this might happen anyway.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Jizzny Princess posted:

I was hoping to get Novavax through my work but they aren't giving it out so far. They also decided anyone getting their vaccine gets to not mask anymore in majority of settings. Not that anyone really does and if they do it's maybe a surgical mask at best.

I work in a hospital.

Love watching society continue to make decisions based on what it wishes the vaccines were instead of on what they actually are.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Wrex Ruckus posted:

anecdote: I've been seeing more auras in the wild recently.

had more people ask about my envo in the past month than ever.

pretty much every time I've gone to home depot I've seen the same employee, she asked once about it the first time I showed up there and I told her that there's one just as good in thr paint aisle. she's been wearing an aura ever since, up from a baggy blue

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

call_of_qthulhu posted:

had more people ask about my envo in the past month than ever.

pretty much every time I've gone to home depot I've seen the same employee, she asked once about it the first time I showed up there and I told her that there's one just as good in thr paint aisle. she's been wearing an aura ever since, up from a baggy blue

:yeah:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Last customer through the door tonight had a clean, well fitting aura on and I made sure to mention it and thank her for looking out for me and others. She literally said "I feel more and more like one of those Japanese soldiers who weren't told the war was over"

So what I'm saying is reveal yourself you can come get booze for a dollar above wholesale any time lol

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Me starting masking had nothing to do with mandates or social pressure so I don't see any reason to stop because of them going away is how I think about it in concrete terms.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Got all mothed up yesterday at Costco. Today, felt fine until I started to drive us to my inlaws for dinner, got a bit fatigued. Then during dinner it got so bad I had to lay down in their spare room. Passed TF out. My 5yo comes to tell me it's time to go and I have to sprint to the bathroom where I proceed to vomit violently many times.

This is the shot with FEWER side effects? MRNA never did me dirty like this.

Hope it means good immune response.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Moth juice treating me ok so far, and I'm going to bed now so inshallah it will stay that way. Rite Aid told my spouse to walk in on Monday, so who knows. And yes, we both had appointments. And yet! lol

Flu arm is fine, moth arm is getting progressively more sore but nothing alarming yet.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
After not being able to keep water down and countless more times throwing up I can probably say this is my last novavax vaccine. I'm wondering if the tree bark immune system boosting poo poo did it, cause I often throw up when I get sick even with respiratory diseases

Just took a zoftan and hoping it'll let me keep water down

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Shiroc posted:

Me starting masking had nothing to do with mandates or social pressure so I don't see any reason to stop because of them going away is how I think about it in concrete terms.

Yeah it's basically just a question of what a mask does. If you're like most people and regarded it as a thing you need to get into the restaurant or signal that you're not a trump supporter or whatever, that time is long over. For me, it's for filtering air, and the air still needs filtering, so I'm going to keep using it until such a time as I don't need to anymore (lol)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
what's a good Halloween costume that goes with an aura or a secure click?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

what's a good Halloween costume that goes with an aura or a secure click?

Nazgûl or Dementor. Use something thin like hose as a veil over your face because t-shirt material is too thick and will make you blind

wouldn’t recommend the bone mask, might deform an aura

with a secure click I’d go robot

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

GXL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WpOu_sRDQ

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

TOTAL SYMPTOMATIC COVID INFECTIONS TO DATE: 0
:bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes:

Tzen has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Oct 15, 2023

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I said it in the previous thread but I'll reiterate here, maybe the most actually frustrating part of this pandemic hasn't been the predictable minimization from libs or denial from chuds, but seeing so many supposed leftist/progressive/communist/what-have-you folks rankle at the idea of mask-wearing to protect vulnerable people or even themselves. It's such an incredibly low bar for any kind of supposedly humanist philosophy and a huge proportion of people beefed it.

The Oldest Man posted:

Your mistake was believing most of the people around you hold any kind of ideology or philosophy at all.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

appreciate all the updates from moth juicers, my family will be joining the ranks next month. might as well plan to be laid out for a day or two afterward it seems

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Last customer through the door tonight had a clean, well fitting aura on and I made sure to mention it and thank her for looking out for me and others. She literally said "I feel more and more like one of those Japanese soldiers who weren't told the war was over"

Experience taught me to never trust anyone invested in insular religion, and it's becoming more and more difficult to convince myself that I haven't joined one.

No secret knowledge here, no siree.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/stm2121/status/1712661505454317838?s=46

Bono says he won’t bring up anyone from the audience because he has “a cough” and then hugs The Edge, saying it’s okay because he’s already “immune to the coronavirus”

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Novavax Euro news:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eu-delays-approval-novavaxs-revised-covid-vaccine-ft-2023-10-15/ posted:

EU delays approval of Novavax's revised COVID vaccine - FT

European Union (EU) regulators have delayed a decision to give approval for Novavax's (NVAX.O) variant-tailored COVID-19 vaccine, the Financial Times said on Sunday.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA), which was due to approve the updated vaccine last Friday has requested more information from the company, the FT report added.

"As part of the ongoing review process, (the EMA) has additional questions, which we are answering expeditiously," Novavax told the Financial Times.

The EMA has questions on the potency of the vaccine's latest version, and it seeks to ensure its characteristics are going to be the same across different production sites, the FT report said, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
(..)

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
The main takeaway shouldn't surprise anyone, but the study protocol isn't great (falling into the trap of long COVID being a symptom extension, while not - as far as I can tell - displaying understanding of PASC manifestation in children). Of course I can't see the actual study (these are just results presented), so maybe they are just communicating the protocol poorly :shrug:
"Pediatric vaccination reduces long COVID during omicron"

https://www.healio.com/news/pediatrics/20231014/pediatric-vaccination-reduces-long-covid-during-omicron posted:

Key takeaways:
  • Up to 3% of children with a SARS-CoV-2 infection may develop long COVID.
  • COVID-19 vaccination is associated with a reduced likelihood of post-COVID conditions.
“A recent systematic review estimated that 1% to 3% of children could have one or more post-COVID conditions after a COVID-19 illness,” Anna R. Yousaf, MD, a medical officer at the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told Healio.

“Over 65 million children in the U.S. have had a SARS-CoV-2 infection, meaning there is the potential for thousands of children in the U.S. to have” one of these conditions, Yousaf said. “There are also very few data on associations between COVID-19 vaccination and post-COVID conditions in children.”

Yousaf and colleagues enrolled children in the Pediatric Research Observing Trends and Exposures in COVID-19 Timelines (PROTECT) study and followed them for up to a year and a half.

They collected weekly nasal swabs from participants, who were surveyed about their health, including their history of COVID-19 vaccination and illness and any underlying medical conditions.

“Any child [who] had a positive SARS-CoV-2 screening test during the study was sent a survey on post-COVID conditions to be completed 60 days or more after their positive test,” Yousaf said. “This survey asked about any new or ongoing symptoms lasting more than 1 month from the child’s positive SARS-CoV-2 test. If a child or caregiver reported a symptom, we asked how long the child had been experiencing that symptom.”

Based on the results, the researchers calculated the odds of long COVID symptoms among vaccinated and unvaccinated participants. They defined being vaccinated as receiving at least a two-dose primary messenger RNA vaccine series 14 days or more prior to SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Among 622 participants, 67% were vaccinated and 5% reported a long COVID symptom for at least 1 month.

Vaccination was associated with a 34% decreased likelihood of one or more long COVID symptoms (adjusted OR [aOR] = 0.66; 95% CI, 0.43-0.99), a 48% reduced likelihood of two or more symptoms (aOR = 0.52; 95% CI, 0.32-0.83) and a 47% reduced likelihood of respiratory long COVID symptoms (aOR = 0.53, 95% CI 0.33-0.87), the researchers reported.
(..)

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

went to try to get my Covid vaccine and they said it’s 130 dollars. I had thought it was free but they told me it’s no longer free. when did this happen?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
This on the other hand was pretty interesting and demonstrates one of the many ways pediatric (in this case infant) COVID patients are different from adults. Both the pattern and the specificity (see second article) of immune response should be noted. Unfortunately I don't have access to the full paper, but note that as is typical with deep research like this, the cohort is fairly small.
"Multi-omics analysis of mucosal and systemic immunity to SARS-CoV-2 after birth"

https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(23)00978-9.pdf posted:

Highlights
• Infants and young children mount antibody responses that are durable for up to 300 days
• Atypical innate response in blood: no inflammatory markers; high IFNα and chemokines
• Robust upper respiratory tract antiviral and inflammatory responses
• Single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomics in the first weeks and months of life

Summary
The dynamics of immunity to infection in infants remain obscure. Here, we used a multi-omics approach to perform a longitudinal analysis of immunity to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in infants and young children by analyzing blood samples and weekly nasal swabs collected before, during, and after infection with Omicron and non-Omicron variants. Infection stimulated robust antibody titers that, unlike in adults, showed no sign of decay for up to 300 days. Infants mounted a robust mucosal immune response characterized by inflammatory cytokines, interferon (IFN) α, and T helper (Th) 17 and neutrophil markers (interleukin [IL]-17, IL-8, and CXCL1). The immune response in blood was characterized by upregulation of activation markers on innate cells, no inflammatory cytokines, but several chemokines and IFNα. The latter correlated with viral load and expression of interferon-stimulated genes (ISGs) in myeloid cells measured by single-cell multi-omics. Together, these data provide a snapshot of immunity to infection during the initial weeks and months of life.

Graphical abstract

Some further elaboration:
"Infant immune systems found to have unique and effective responses to SARS-CoV-2"

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-10-infant-immune-unique-effective-responses.html posted:

Research led by the University of Tübingen, Germany, along with partners at Stanford University, Emory University and the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, U.S., has looked into infant immune responses following SARS-CoV-2 infections during the initial months of life.

There has been a lack of comprehensive, system-wide, longitudinal analysis of how infants and young children respond to SARS-CoV-2 infection regarding their immune systems' development, antibody responses, and innate immune activation. Researchers collected data on children, adults and mothers to get a comparative picture of infant immune reactions.

Blood and nasal swab samples were obtained from infants and young children in the IMPRINT cohort at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. Children were tested weekly for SARS-CoV-2, and the cohort included 54 infected infants and young children, including 27 infants with paired pre-infection samples. An additional 27 matched control infants and young children represented healthy controls who consistently tested negative from birth to sampling.

In addition to the pediatric cohort, 62 blood samples were obtained from 48 adult COVID-19 patients and ten healthy control samples, collected from the Hope Clinic at Emory University in Atlanta and the Stanford University Medical Center. Blood samples were also obtained from 41 mothers with mild COVID-19, including three with paired pre-infection samples and three matched controls.

In contrast to adults, infants and young children displayed robust and durable antibody responses against SARS-CoV-2. These antibody titers remained high for up to 300 days, whereas antibody responses tend to decay more rapidly in adults.

In the blood, there was an upregulation of activation markers on innate cells in the children but no significant increase in inflammatory cytokines. Memory B and T cell responses in infants were significantly lower than in adults. However, they showed increases in multifunctional T helper 17 and 1-type CD4+ T cells characterized by the production of interleukin-2, interferon-gamma, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha, making them triple-positive.

Infants mounted a robust mucosal immune response characterized by inflammatory cytokines, interferon α, and markers associated with T helper 17 and neutrophil responses. This mucosal response was particularly pronounced in the nasal mucosa.

While multifunctional CD4 T cell responses were reduced by roughly two orders of magnitude in the infants, observations of persistent antibody responses lasted much longer. The study's findings raise the possibility of designing vaccine formulations to take advantage of these innate immune system activation pathways to avoid causing the collateral immunopathology often associated with unwanted inflammation.

Edit to add a Pop-Sci article, as it is perhaps a little dense for laymen:
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2023/10/14/covid-kids-immune-system-study/71168768007/

Pingui has issued a correction as of 14:44 on Oct 15, 2023

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Piggy Smalls posted:

went to try to get my Covid vaccine and they said it’s 130 dollars. I had thought it was free but they told me it’s no longer free. when did this happen?

Welcome to the new normal! - things have changed back to the private market that you know and love :capitalism:

In short: If you have insurance, they have to cover it, though only in-network (you have to check with your insurance company where you can get a free vaccine), if you do not have insurance you have to utilize the "Bridge Access Program", you can read some details here:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

But fundamentally you have to lookup which places are particpants, which you can do here:
https://www.vaccines.gov/search/
(once you get to the next screen you can select only showing bridge access program participants)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gunshow Poophole posted:

"I feel more and more like one of those Japanese soldiers who weren't told the war was over"

The army tries to get Rambo's commanding officer from the war to come tell him "It's over, Johnny!" but when they get ahold of his family they find out he died of a "sudden illness" at the age of 56.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Speaking of less-than-benevolent changes (brought in full, because :rubby:):
"4 charts show who will be hit the hardest as pandemic-era benefits end"

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/15/politics/covid-19-pandemic-benefits-ending-dg/index.html posted:

Several Covid-19 pandemic-era benefits have recently expired, leaving millions of people without the economic assistance they’ve come to rely on.

Congress passed a number of sweeping spending packages during 2020 and 2021, authorizing trillions of dollars in aid meant to provide economic relief to struggling households. Many of those programs, like direct stimulus payments, the enhanced child tax credit and expanded unemployment benefits, expired long ago.

But there are some pandemic relief benefits that are just now coming to an end. Nearly 30% of Americans with some college education are resuming monthly federal student debt payments this month after a three-year plus hiatus. One in three children enrolled in child care programs supported by American Rescue Plan Act, or ARPA, grants are projected to lose their spots since the federal funding expired at the end of September. And one in five Medicaid enrollees could be kicked off the program by the end of May.

CNN analyzed the data to see how many US households could be impacted.

Overall household debt grew in the pandemic, even though student loan debt remained steady
After a yearslong pause on student loan payments provided temporary relief to federal loan borrowers, interest on student loans resumed in September and payments resumed in October.

As payments on federal student loans were paused during the past three years, Americans continued to take on different kinds of debt. Credit card debt grew from $820 billion at the start of the pandemic to over $1 trillion three years later, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Mortgage debt increased from $9.8 trillion to $12 trillion. Student loan debt remained steady at the $1.5 trillion marker.

Some economists are concerned that borrowers may have difficulty affording their student loan payments if they have taken on additional debt of other kinds. More student loan borrowers are currently behind on other types of bills than they were before the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a study by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Child care programs expected to close down across the country, costing parents billions in earnings
An estimated 70,000 programs could be shuttered, and 3.2 million children could lose their spots now that a federal pandemic stabilization grant program expired at the end of September, according to The Century Foundation. As a result, parents could be forced to quit their jobs or cut back hours and are expected to lose billions in earnings in total.

[ed. this chart is interactive at the link, if you want to see the specifics of your state]

Medicaid disenrollment rates highest in Texas, Idaho
Medicaid enrollment steadily increased for both adults and children during the pandemic. In March, there were nearly 45% more adults and nearly 24% more children with Medicaid coverage than there were in February 2020. But millions of Americans will be kicked off their health care plans in coming months as states terminate coverage for residents deemed no longer eligible. Disenrollments began in April, and nearly 8.7 million enrollees have lost their coverage as of October 11, according to KFF.

So far, Texas reports the highest disenrollment rate of any state with 66%, followed by Idaho with 64%, according to KFF.

[ed. also interactive]

SNAP work requirements returned in October, which could result in at least 500,000 Americans being dropped from the program
With the declaration of the Covid-19 public health emergency in 2020, the work requirement for certain adults to receive food stamps was put on hold. That mandate, however, returned in October now that the public health emergency is over.

Able-bodied adults between ages 18 and 49 without dependents are only eligible for food stamps for three months out of every three years unless they work — or participate in an approved training or education program — for at least 20 hours a week. An estimated 500,000 people could lose access to food stamps as a result, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

This requirement now also temporarily extends to Americans between ages 50 and 52, as stipulated in the debt ceiling package that lawmakers agreed to in June. That’s about 450,000 more adults who could lose out on food stamp benefits, according to CBPP. Those ages 53 and 54 will be subject to the work requirement next fall.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Moth juice report: I feel fine. My novavax arm feels like it got kicked and the flu arm feels like I bumped it into a doorway. Other than that... nothing so far.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/stm2121/status/1712661505454317838?s=46

Bono says he won’t bring up anyone from the audience because he has “a cough” and then hugs The Edge, saying it’s okay because he’s already “immune to the coronavirus”

i think he's just being a weirdo out of touch celebrity

but lol

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
My horrible moth juice symptoms didn't start until a good 18 hours after my shot. Today they're mostly gone but my body aches all over (which, not uncommon for having thrown up violently all night long)

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Just to balance out the negative stories, I experimented on my just *barely* 12 year old kid by having him injected with novavax the first day it was available here, wednesday. He had a sore arm, maybe a little tired, but fine otherwise. Did awesome at a climbing competition yesterday, moth DNA and the treebark already working.

He was like "you getting yours too??" Ummm nah, mom and me got boosted weeks ago, sorry dude.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

mawarannahr posted:

The San Juans are in San Juan County. Island County is only Whidbey and Camano islands, both of which you can drive to on bridges. Whidbey has a large navy base and the busiest state park in the state

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Good straightforward article that crams a lot into a little space. Could be one to send to people.

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1712879553897537733
https://www.thenation.com/article/society/covid-pandemic-panic-calm-advice/

It's refreshing seeing an article flat out state that everyone's at risk for Long COVID.

Oh, yeah this is a good one. I'll be sharing this

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pingui posted:

Impressive Friday afternoon news dump; I hope everyone enjoyed the tools while they had them.

almost 8 million doses, loving christ. I hate our system so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Dog Case posted:

The San Juans are in San Juan County. Island County is only Whidbey and Camano islands, both of which you can drive to on bridges. Whidbey has a large navy base and the busiest state park in the state

Oh.. lol