Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Chillgamesh posted:

So you're telling me they just have boxes of tank shells rolling around in the backs of their tanks...? Isn't that why the Sherman had a reputation for immolating its crews in WW2, because they'd just carry spare ammo wherever they could fit it?

ford pinto tank design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Oren: (gazing at the ammunition racks) We could have carried more wounded... We could have carried more. I don’t know. If we’d just... (sighs) We could have carried more.

Yonatan: Oren, we have safely transported so many to aid. Look at the numbers.

Oren: If we had more space... We dedicated so much to ammunition. You have no idea. If we’d just...

Yonatan: There will be many who see tomorrow because of what we did today.

Oren: (shaking his head) It wasn’t enough!

Yonatan: You did all that you could.

[Oren looks at an ammunition rack]

Oren: This rack. (touches a shell) This could have been a stretcher! Right here. One more stretcher. One more life.

[taking a round in his hand]

Oren: This round. This could have been a stretcher. (pauses) This space, Yonatan, could have carried one more wounded.

[sobbing softly]

Oren: We could have carried one more... and we didn’t! And I... I didn’t!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1713617306385781057

time to break out arma 3 again for very real osint footage

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Unfree parking is one of the most bullshit aspects of a society that intentionally developed a dependence on the automobile

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Interesting article here about a Merkava that was almost blown up in a training exercise, suggesting that the much-vaunted protection was not assembled particularly well and split at the joints where plates met, among other things.

e: Holy poo poo. The damage may have been caused by an inert training round

:psyduck:

"Projectile managed to "peel off" the composite armor of the tank on an area of ~1.8 m² (for reference, the roadwheels including rubber rim have a diameter of 700-710 mm)"

"The composite armor at the hull sides is made of several smaller modules, which have a metal frame and contain several bolts, which probably hold the armor elements"

"Two side skirt armor modules are held by a single bolt. An unlucky hit directly at the bolt or close to the bolt (like in this case) means that both skirt armor modules will fall off"

"The turret rear (which was facing the APAM detonation during impact) is hidden behind a canvas cover and probably damaged too"

"Hitting the edge of two composite armor modules at the hull side will cause high damage to both (see how parts of the steel frames are missing at the lower and at the upper edge)"

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Oct 15, 2023

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Oren: (gazing at the ammunition racks) We could have carried more wounded... We could have carried more. I don’t know. If we’d just... (sighs) We could have carried more.

Yonatan: Oren, we have safely transported so many to aid. Look at the numbers.

Oren: If we had more space... We dedicated so much to ammunition. You have no idea. If we’d just...

Yonatan: There will be many who see tomorrow because of what we did today.

Oren: (shaking his head) It wasn’t enough!

Yonatan: You did all that you could.

[Oren looks at an ammunition rack]

Oren: This rack. (touches a shell) This could have been a stretcher! Right here. One more stretcher. One more life.

[taking a round in his hand]

Oren: This round. This could have been a stretcher. (pauses) This space, Yonatan, could have carried one more wounded.

[sobbing softly]

Oren: We could have carried one more... and we didn’t! And I... I didn’t!

How apt

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol at majorian flipping out over the gaza version of gently caress the police

you "lol" but when the Arab man sings ancient battle hymns, he becomes infused with a potent frenzied attack buff and is granted the "Bloody Mess" perk from Fallout 2

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

If this nation is so powerful, why can't it keep your kids alive, Mr. President?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

smarxist posted:

you "lol" but when the Arab man sings ancient battle hymns, he becomes infused with a potent frenzied attack buff and is granted the "Bloody Mess" perk from Fallout 2

I think that first appeared in Fallout 1 but it had more to do in 2.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Nichael posted:

If this nation is so powerful, why can't it keep your kids alive, Mr. President?

get his rear end

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
The new region should be named after both

Palestine Israel

Take the 'P' from Palestine, the 'Is' from Israel, keep the "ale" from Palestine for later.
Then take the the 's', 't', 'a', another 'P', and an 'e', from Palestine, then add 'Isr' on the end again, then add back the "ale" but mix them up

Piss Tape is Real

The one true holy land

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nichael posted:

"Listen, Jack, I-I-I didn't want them to live anyway!"

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

majorian loves police it’s true

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mags posted:

majorian loves police it’s true

He was a forum cop, after all.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

e: Holy poo poo. The damage may have been caused by an inert training round

"To be fair most other tanks don't have armor at this exact location where the Merkava 4 was hit"

But yeah, the Merkava 4 especially is optimized against HEAT

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023

smarxist posted:

yeah but the bloodymess perk also applies to himself in that scenario, catch22.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

praying for the end of israel and the end of america

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

yeah he's been doing that for a while

also i wish people wouldn't treat vulnerability to propaganda as a human flaw, cognition is inherently social

you couldn't have an entity that thinks that isn't vulnerable to some kind of information attack

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

smarxist posted:

where's that new ik

*glass shatters* bah gawd that's Al saqr's music!

:pray: I love al-saqr.

Orb Crabmelt posted:

"A hundred years from now the Palestinians will get to do their own revenge Holocaust"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSeN2xISopM

(lol that this video is from two and a half years ago, it's like that Ted Rall comic)
Post America is the voice of our generation.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Oct 15, 2023

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Maed posted:

we had some of them passing out fliers in college and a few hasidim would follow them around just holding out garbage bags for people to throw the fliers right out

that owns lmao

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If Piccolo is on the side of Palestine, God is on the side of Palestine.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

*reporter standing in front of a mountain of antitank munitions* this one is a...uhh. . its got a pointy nose on it, possibly antisemitic....

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Pisrael

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

they named the country that is not fake israel

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Buddykins posted:

:ducksiren:DEATH 2 ISRAEL:ducksiren:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

im glad his family died

:)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Frosted Flake posted:

So I was talking about this in the Ukraine thread but the shortest answer is that the IDF has a military doctrine where every Jewish life is precious, and that overrides pretty much everything else. Which means, they don't care about maneuverability, operational range etc. if those things risk Israeli casualties.

They're neurotically casualty avoidant for ideological reasons that get dark pretty fast.

Also, it seems like SOP has been to fill the rear of the Merkava with extra ammo, and we saw some spectacular explosions as a result when Hamas destroyed them.

This is funny because when they were successful didn't they have a reputation for being extremely reckless?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/CAIRNational/status/1713629072843030969?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

We posted at this at the same time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

yeah he's been doing that for a while

also i wish people wouldn't treat vulnerability to propaganda as a human flaw, cognition is inherently social

you couldn't have an entity that thinks that isn't vulnerable to some kind of information attack

i like to think of martin as our repeater station.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

they named the country that is not fake israel

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Horseshoe theory posted:

"Listen, Jack, I-I-I didn't want them to live anyway!"

I accept this fact check.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

jesus loving christ that is harrowing. :d2a:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Unnamed One posted:

If Piccolo is on the side of Palestine, God is on the side of Palestine.

Piccolo would look sick in a thawb and kufi

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yep, we're back to 2002, baby, awoooo

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Massive strikes happening right now in Lebanon against Hezbollah and in Gaza

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1713633696752775455

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1713632761980821791

https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Brk/status/1713633260364812449

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010