Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
That Niners/Browns game felt like the embodiment of “The Brock Purdy might be a Top 10 QB” narrative was gathering too much steam this past week and the Football Gods felt the need to issue a swift correction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shindragon posted:

Get rekt'd. :colbert:

Defensed played very well but 49ers offense was loving terrible. Purdy was just off all day and Kyle playcalling in the late 4th was loving terrible. 3 Minutes and you throw a pass every drive even though Purdy has been not connecting all day.

Also I will repeat.

NEVER

EVER

WIN BY AN FG. You had like 40 loving seconds to get the redzone TD and one timeout you dipshit.

Yeah I agree you have to at least try to get it closer there.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

That Niners/Browns game felt like the embodiment of “The Brock Purdy might be a Top 10 QB” narrative was gathering too much steam this past week and the Football Gods felt the need to issue a swift correction.

It was more "loving injuries ruin this sport yet again"

What other sport do you see three drat top-level guys go down in a single game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
49ers are mortal when CMC/Deebo are out. I"m hopeful that CMC is out for one game but we will see. That being said, rotate your goddamn RBs Kyle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

That’s how this season has gone, but you shouldn’t let a game or few sour you.

But foitball fans are inherently reactionary and will just judge based on what happens last

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Flikken posted:

This is the last year you have one of our picks right?

Yeah a first and a fourth this year then it's done

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shindragon posted:

Get rekt'd. :colbert:

Defensed played very well but 49ers offense was loving terrible. Purdy was just off all day and Kyle playcalling in the late 4th was loving terrible. 3 Minutes and you throw a pass every drive even though Purdy has been not connecting all day.

Also I will repeat.

NEVER

EVER

WIN BY AN FG. You had like 40 loving seconds to get the redzone TD and one timeout you dipshit.

:hmmyes:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

Yeah a first and a fourth this year then it's done

Want him back?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well that's some solace after that groin punch of an ending :devil:

I feel similar but from the opposite end, it was worth losing draft positioning to see such a hilarious clusterfuck ending

Flikken posted:

Want him back?

Never

I watch him play and think "man the city of Cleveland collectively became rape apologists for THIS?"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pron on VHS posted:

Spent the afternoon watching Desmond Ridder, PJ Walker and Derek Carr throw passes and I now want to gouge my eyes out with a spork

And we still have the Giants 'offense' coming up tonight!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why the gently caress did I just read this whole thread

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Stefanski’s play calling was awful dogshit that game. It’s a loving miracle they won.

Let’s throw it repeatedly in the red zone with 2 mins left when Walker has had accuracy issues all game.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

fartknocker posted:

And we still have the Giants 'offense' coming up tonight!
Well, it certainly is offensive.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ragnarok the Red posted:

he's definitely a top 10 qb (this season) but yeah all that talk about how many superbowls him and Shanahan will win should cool down now. he leaves multiple big plays on the field every week and a team finally punished them for it

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Shindragon posted:

49ers are mortal when CMC/Deebo are out. I"m hopeful that CMC is out for one game but we will see. That being said, rotate your goddamn RBs Kyle.

They were super mortal in this game before those injuries. They obviously didn't help though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Feeling very vindicated with my CMC is more important than Purdy take.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The injury type of injury that cost Kurt Warner like three years

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1713675631550976077?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Niners were bound to come down to Earth at some point. This will be a learning experience.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

mllaneza posted:

The Niners were bound to come down to Earth at some point. This will be a learning experience.

yeah…we all learned they’re frauds!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I’m glad the bengals won. I usually hate early season byes but another week for Joe and Tee will be good.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/NFL345/status/1713665969489371501?t=RAsbusEhgVvZCdlCR96CMw&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lucky guy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That's why I need teams to score points against the Browns. They could be a threat to break the 2000 Ravens points record. Right now we're ok but remember the Ravens gave up 19 to Miami and 36 to Jacksonville in weeks 2 and 3 and still broke the record. Also defensive and special teams points count against it too. This Browns defense is one of the best ever so while it's not likely we have to consider that the worst can happen. This was a bad week because the 49ers should have scored more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if youre wondering how things are going over at carolinahuddle, they've banned the official team team account

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

if youre wondering how things are going over at carolinahuddle, they've banned the official team team account

How the hell does that work?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

maybe you’ll get it and spare us your posts for like 3 years

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

FizFashizzle posted:

this will light the fire under their asses

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

That's hilarious.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a patagonian cavy posted:

maybe you’ll get it and spare us your posts for like 3 years

Someone’s upset today

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bill Belicheck losing on a safety. You love to see it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mac Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfXdVooTgIQ

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I was taking this week's game against SF as a sure fire loss so I instead went to the Tay Tay Concert Movie, had a blast, and got texted the happy news we won. I now need to find clips of it.

I hope CMC and Trent Williams and Deebo will be ok.

Jim Schwartz has done a good job with the defense.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I can totally believe MaCorkle crying in the locker room.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
News: Lions
Views: BITCH

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

News: Lions
Views: BITCH

Many people are saying this!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
With the Eagles & the 49'ers losing, is it safe to say the Lions are probably the best team in the NFL right now?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Hahahaha holy poo poo the Eagles are frauds.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Your #1 seed Detroit lions

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1713700240161718655?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

JUST RUN THE loving FOOTBALL YOU DUMBASSES